The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 04-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
UltimateFighter
Fatality's Blacksmith

Default Big WOW Comic Fest - May 19-20 - San Jose

http://www.bigwowcomicfest.com/

So who's going this year?

Jim Lee is going to be there so I plan to!
UltimateFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateFighter View Post
http://www.bigwowcomicfest.com/

So who's going this year?

Jim Lee is going to be there so I plan to!
I am planning on going. At the last toy show that Primus and I attended, one of the vendors that organizes these shows said Jim Lee was going to be there Saturday and Sunday, but he's ONLY going to sign on Sunday.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
UltimateFighter
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
I am planning on going. At the last toy show that Primus and I attended, one of the vendors that organizes these shows said Jim Lee was going to be there Saturday and Sunday, but he's ONLY going to sign on Sunday.
I checked the website and it actually says Sunday only now! What a bummer as I can only go for sure on Saturday. I've got some TBD events on Sunday. Hopefully it will work out. I'd love to have Jim Lee sketch a Batman or a JL for me and figured this lower key con would be my best shot.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
UltimateFighter
Fatality's Blacksmith

It's this weekend. 3 days away. Who's going?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:31 AM   #5
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I'm going. Looking forward to it.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

FYI-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Wow
Olivia d'Abo unfortunately won't be able to make it to the show due to a schedule conflict.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

BOOOOO!!!!

Kevin Arnold's sister was hot! Even caught the eye of Conan the Destroyer. Oh well, I'm still going. Buy you two day pass online and save $5.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Yeah, that reeks. I was looking forward to getting a pic with her. Jim Lee and E. Bas better show up, otherwise I'll think there's some bait-N-switcharoo going on here.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Word!

Are you going both days?
Old 05-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #10
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

It's a surprise... Just like it'll be a surprise if the stars scheduled actually show up.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #11
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Old 05-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #12
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Old 05-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #13
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Jim Lee

My Jim Lee sketch, X-Men's Psylocke.

Thomas Jane

Last edited by Darth_Primus; 05-21-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Here are some photos I took at the Big Wow con:

There were a good deal of cosplayers at this show even though it wasn't one of the bigger cons.

This guy had a ton of cool Monsters, but he was too busy stuffing his face and playing on his ipad to assist potential customers.

Eric Basaldua or E-Bas being, well, E-Bas.

My variant signed by E-Bas.

Jim Lee sketching Aquaman for someone. In addition to signing, he did sketches for everyone that wanted one which was AWESOME.

My Jim Lee sketch of Green Lantern Hal Jordan. This one is definitely going on my wall of fame, right along side my Parallax sketch done by Ethan Van Sciver.

Overall, it was a good show. The only drawback was there were very few deals to be had here. Vendors wanted WAY too much for their merchandise.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #15
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Big Wow ComicFest was overall pretty good. It was a very good turnout for the show and a lot more cosplayers. However, Sunday was kind of messed up. First of all, Sylent and I arrive early before the doors open and Sylent had to get a wrist band for the day while I stood in one of the lines to get in. Sylent walked down the hall to pick up his wristband, but only have him walk right back to where we were standing. Turns out, there was a fat butter ball of a woman sitting on her ass instead of was she suppose to be doing which is standing up and greeting people to provide them with the entrance wristbands. Lazy bitch. Afterwards, we were still standing in line and one of the lead security guards for the event tells the people in line that if you have a blue wrist band, you could go to the other entrance and they’ll let you in before anyone else because the blue wrist bands meant you bought a two day pass and it was sort of a perk. And getting in early would mean we could be one of the first people in line to get Jim Lee’s autograph. So, I walked over to the other entrance and asked the security guy at the door, “will you be letting people with blue wrist bands in early?” The old gray haired wrinkly face fart gave me a bad attitude and said, “No. See that long line over there? Well, you’re going to have to get in back of that.” WTF? I didn’t want to get in that line because it was more than twice as long as the other line. So I went back to the other line where Sylent was standing in as booth doors were suppose to open at the same time to let everyone in, which was 10am. They put some fat Asian kid to man the door where we were going to enter. 10am rolls around and they start to let people in the other entrance door and there are people in our line yelling at the Asian kid, “It’s 10am, time to let us in.” That fat kid looked at us like “what the fuck to you want me to do.” Dumb shit kid, isn’t obvious? We ain’t in a line for the hell of it. Then another white guy from the security team walks over and tells us, “Oh, you guys have to entry at the other entrance. This door is an exit only.” Incompetent assholes! Don’t they know how to communicate this shit? That cost Sylent and I at least 25 spots in the line to get Jim Lee’s signature. If it weren’t for those jerks, we could have gotten in line twice for Jim Lee’s signature as we were told we could only have Jim sign five items. That would be proven wrong, as later that day there were people that were getting more the five items signed. There were this one dude that got like 20 copies of Justice League New52 signed. And after waiting in line for about 3 hours, there comes this white guy and his kids that asked Sylent to cut in front of him because they just want Jim Lee’s signature and they wouldn’t ask for a sketch. Sylent, the nice guy that he is, lets them cut in front of him. But sure enough, the fucker tells Sylent that he wants a Jim Lee sketch for his daughter. Do you believe this lying asshole? Fucker should get a beat down for that bullshit. Because of his ass, we probably missed out chance to get back to the end of the line before it was capped off. There are always assholes that ruin shit.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #16
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

LMAO!!!!

That's hilarious! It wasn't all that bad though. We got our sketches, got 5 books signed and got to meet a new friend in Rob. Sure, it would have been better to get another sketch and a few more books signed, but I was satisfied overall. Besides, we would have been there until the end of the show if we had gotten in line again. Hakuna Matata.

Oh, after reading my SDCC blog, Rob decided to make an effort to get a badge whenever they're released. Another one bites the dust.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #17
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Hakuna Matata won't cut it. Dumb fuckers probably robbed me of a Jim Lee Catwoman sketch. That's what I would have asked for.