The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 07-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #26
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al- View Post
The lining up for next years con really took the wind out of my sail for the 2011 comic con. It comforts me that I won't have to go through the same thing again next year, but I don't want to go through the madness of trying to buy the tickets online. I guess we'll see...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAredLantern View Post
I hope to god the online purchasing won't be as painful as it was this last time.
That's why Primus and I decided to get it out of the way on Thursday morning. Losing a little sleep for one day was worth foregoing the headache and nonsense of trying to buy a pass online.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #27
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I would have done it but I did not have damn near 200 extra bucks for the ticket right there and then. I will just wait for the online clusterfuck.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #28
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I feel you there, brutha. I guess being old has its advantages: Established credit.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #29
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I prefer not to use credit. College follishness put me in trouble with that so I avoid it. I dont even have a credit card anymore.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #30
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
That's why Primus and I decided to get it out of the way on Thursday morning. Losing a little sleep for one day was worth foregoing the headache and nonsense of trying to buy a pass online.
Word! Especially after hearing the horror stories and hours trying to get passes online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
I would have done it but I did not have damn near 200 extra bucks for the ticket right there and then.
I hear that. I did not want to fork over $350 for 2 passes. I imagine the passes for 2013 could increase to an even $200 for a 4 day pass with preview night.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:11 AM   #31
Prime
Attention Whore

Planning on going next year but this would be the first real major con I've ever gone to and am wondering if anyone can give me an estimate on when they'll start selling badges for next year?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:13 AM   #32
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

They started selling them @ sdcc. So in july.

I'd imagine around november as it seems like they start earlier every year.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:40 AM   #33
Prime
Attention Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
They started selling them @ sdcc. So in july.
I meant online

Quote:
I'd imagine around november as it seems like they start earlier every year.
Thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #34
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I would have done it but I did not have damn near 200 extra bucks for the ticket right there and then. I will just wait for the online clusterfuck.
daaamn 200 bucks?

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #35
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Yes for four day with preview night it is now 175 bucks
Old 08-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #36
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
not bad if anyone can afford it.

ill be at wizard world in chicago saturday and they got a package titled vip red carpet to meet chris lyyod and for 200 bucks you can get a snapshot with him in the time machine and his signature.

i admit im tempted to do it but to me thats just to expensive.

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #37
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
It's cheaper to buy four 1-day passes. Thing is, you'd have to re-register every day and wait in an excruciatingly long line. On the bright side, you'll get an SDCC swag bag every day.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #38
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
It's cheaper to buy four 1-day passes. Thing is, you'd have to re-register every day and wait in an excruciatingly long line. On the bright side, you'll get an SDCC swag bag every day.
Wait nothin..the hotel we stay at is the one where people have to go to in order to register. It took us five minutes and we got bag each day. Yo when did they give out the GL bags? I saw no one with them till the last day when they said they were all out of bags. I managed to get one by offering to pay a guy for it and he just gave it to me for free.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:39 AM   #39
mrjasontodd
Mario C

maybe someone here would appreciate this?

Win Passes to SDCC 2012 from CHRONICLR

it is only hotel & passes for one night but its better than nothing, right?
mrjasontodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #40
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Received this via email this morning:

Quote:
Attn: Sylent Asassin

Thank you for participating in Comic-Con 2012 pre-registration.

Your registration is not yet complete. In late October you will receive an e-mail from EPIC Registration with a link to the new Comic-Con Member ID registration site. You must log-on to the Member ID registration site using your personal Temporary Member ID which is X-XXXXXXXX. Once you sign in, you will be able to pick your own personalized Comic-Con Member ID and enroll in our verified member “E-List”. All year round you will receive important registration announcements, Comic-Con updates, and access to early bird and verified member pre-sales.

When you receive your e-mail notification in October, you will have 3 weeks to complete your Member ID registration. Failure to register for a personalized Comic-Con Member ID will result in the cancellation and refund of all badges purchased during pre-registration at the Hyatt. Once you have registered for your Member ID and after the 3 week registration period has ended, you will receive your Comic-Con 2012 Barcode Confirmation from EPIC registration to exchange onsite for your badge.

A Comic-Con Member ID is free and available to adult and Junior (age 13 – 17) attendees with a valid e-mail address. E-mail addresses must be unique. You may not register for more than one Member ID and an adult may not register their Junior attendee under the adult’s e-mail address.*

All Comic-Con 2012 attendees must have a personalized Member ID. If you do not wish to sign up for a Comic-Con Member ID, you may request a full refund for your badge by contacting refunds@comic-con.org. Please note that all refunds must be submitted by May 15, 2012. No refunds will be issued after May 15, 2012.

Thank you for your interest in attending Comic-Con 2012. We highly recommend that you add registration@epicreg.com to your e-mail safe sender file or contacts list.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us via e-mail at attendeereg@comic-con.org.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #41
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Seems like a useless addition to an already overloaded process...
Old 09-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #42
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

It is.

I have yet to receive that email though.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:28 AM   #43
Al-
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Sylent did you pay with cash? My girl got her confirmation email before I did and she paid in cash.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:43 PM   #44
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al- View Post
Sylent did you pay with cash? My girl got her confirmation email before I did and she paid in cash.
Nope. I paid for both me and my wife with my credit card.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #45
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

I'll be there again, maybe this team I'll be able to get away from the booth more...

She blinded me with SCIENCE!
TheGoatLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:12 AM   #46
BrieKalan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
I'll be there again, maybe this team I'll be able to get away from the booth more...
LOL, Ditto. I have a booth that I help run in the fan table sectionn, and I hope to get away some to look around next year.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #47
Al-

Thanks Sylent.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #48
Al-

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg.php

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your patience. We are working hard to make our new Member ID registration system run as smoothly as possible. Although not quite ready, the Member ID registration site will be opening shortly for all pre-registered Comic-Con 2012 attendees. You will receive an e-mail notification from EPIC registration as soon as it opens.

We know it can be frustrating so thank you so much for hanging in there with us.

The Member ID registration system will open to the general public in Winter 2011/2012. Please check our website frequently for updates, or follow us on Facebook, and sign up for Twitter or RSS newsfeed.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #49
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

More bullshit to add to an already convoluted process. Once you pay for your (inflated) badge, that be the end of it, but nooooo.

Quote:
Great News! The Comic-Con Member ID registration website is open and you may complete your Comic-Con 2012 badge purchase!

Please visit http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg_memberid.php and click the red button that says, "COMIC-CON 2012 PRE-REGISTERED ATTENDEES CLICK HERE FOR MEMBER ID".

You will be redirected to the Comic-Con Member ID registration site where you will select the option, "SPECIAL! New Member ID Creation for 2012 Onsite Pre-registered Attendees". Enter the e-mail address you registered with and your Temporary Member ID: X-XXXXXXXX

Once your e-mail and ID have been verified, you will be able to select your own personalized Comic-Con Member ID and make any necessary changes to your current contact information. Duplicate e-mail addresses are not allowed. One Member ID per customer.

Your Comic-Con 2012 badge registration is not complete until you register for a Member ID. You will have 4 weeks to complete your online Member ID registration. Member ID registration for 2012 pre-registered attendees will close December 2, 2011. You will receive your barcode confirmation from EPIC registration after this date.

Please be aware that these notices are sent in batches, so if you have purchased multiple badges or have friends/family who have purchased a badge and they have not yet received this e-mail, please hang tight and allow 24 hours for their e-mail to arrive.

Thank you for your patience during this process and we look forward to seeing you at Comic-Con 2012! If you have any questions regarding this e-mail, please contact Comic-Con at attendeereg@comic-con.org

Sincerely,

Comic-Con Attendee Registration
Old 11-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #50
Keyser Soze
Alpha-Lantern

After the stressful debacle of this year, for next year I'm hedging my bets on a pro pass. If my work on The Standard and any upcoming projects is enough to score me one of those, I'll look into arranging the trip out to San Diego. But I'm not going through the rat race to get a fan pass again, especially not since they've pretty much doubled the price of attendance.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote