Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 09-29-2015, 09:56 PM   #2826
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post

With planned additional content? Me gusta.
the additional planned content is the rest of the game. i don' t know how i feel about this. they should just release the complete game for $59.99 at a later date.
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:58 PM   #2827
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I have a friend who likes COD but refuses to play the single players saying they are only add ons. I tried to tell him BO and BO2 (back when are argument started) were good campaigns.

At any rate, not having a single-player option is a bummer for me because I only like a limited number of shooter multiplayers, but when I don't like them I can always fall back to the campaign mode.
well your friend is going to get his wish, the ps3 and 360 version of this years COD is multiplayer online, but it will still be the same price as the ps4 and xb1 versions which has single player and multiplayer.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:08 PM   #2828
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chosen" View Post
the additional planned content is the rest of the game.
If that's what you want to tell yourself.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:23 PM   #2829
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
If that's what you want to tell yourself.
It is.

Quote:
Full access to Hitman will cost $60. But today a Hitman Intro Pack has been announced, which allows you to just purchase the March content, for $35. If you want access to the subsequent updates after that, you can buy an extra pack for $30. Pre-ordering the game grants you access to the beta, but this is only available for PC and PS4.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/...paign=Blogroll

Here you go sir.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:25 PM   #2830
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Old 09-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #2831
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

http://www.wired.com/2015/09/upsilon-circuit-game/

Quote:
In This Video Game, Death Means You'll Never Play Again

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:35 PM   #2832
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I knew a game would do that eventually. I couldn't play it. My sucky gaming abilities mean I rely heavily on restarts. Even in the 8-bit gen when you had to restart after three tries, I relied on a lot of trial and error.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:22 AM   #2833
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Following enormous negative reception, the pre-order program for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has been scrapped.

Now, you pre-order and get all the bonuses except the early release.

Glad to hear this.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:41 AM   #2834
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So I just found out the hard way about The Phantom Pain's demon points system.

Basically, how much of a ruthless, bloodthirsty asshole you are determines the size of your shrapnel-horn and eventually covers you in permanent blood. Only way to remove it and shrink your horn is to conduct certain good actions (best being visiting the animal platforms).

Giving some thought to it, I decided the system actually is somewhat cleverly designed: it raises the limit until your next transformation into Demon Snake by 30k points each time you turn, maxing out at 140k needed for your transformations from fourth time and beyond. That means you have to be more and more vicious in your actions (my sniper-hunts and missile massacres and grinding the kill-related side ops made things bad for me very quickly).

I'm going to grind the zoo visits until I have a small horn again, and then play in a less genocidal fashion. It'll take goddamn forever, but it'll be worth it, because now I don't have to worry about being Demon Snake until/unless I accumulate 80k points, and if I don't go on rampages anymore, I'll be fine.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:41 PM   #2835
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Who's Next? stay tuned for MKX Pro League Season 2 details on October 12

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:59 PM   #2836
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:43 AM   #2837
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

After some research, grinding zoo visits is a fool's errand.

Best method is to dispose of a shit-ton of nukes on enemy online bases.

Second best method is to extract child soldiers in the "White Mamba" mission. Just grind this one as the most practical option, unless you fancy your chances against other players.

I have been finding S-rank or very well-ranked soldiers, but every time I extract them, they are massively down-ranked. I swear the game is punishing me for being far ahead of the curve rather than just plain ahead. I'll advance the story as much as I can before doing any soldier farming.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:35 AM   #2838
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So Phantom Pain forces you to get involved in the Forward Operating Base madness once you beat mission 22 (which is the defense tutorial).

Only way to avoid is to play offline...but that's a PC-exclusive ability, basically. You literally have absolutely no choice but to build one.

I built a single platform to get the reqs met and then gave it decent defenses. I suppose the one thing preventing me from being absolutely trolled is that I don't have PS+, but I won't bet money on that.

This feature was supposed to be purely optional, and I clearly recall them saying that. What a fucking lie. The price for raising your preparedness level from low to moderate is enormous (from a meager 300 GMP to a staggering 16,900 GMP). One level higher. Seriously.

I'm disgusted that apparently you can have more than your security team stolen (the invader can steal or kill a ton of your staff if you don't stop them, to say nothing of stolen resources). This is not online, it's integrated into the campaign. FOB losses are tied (via staff, anyway) directly to single player.

Massive goddamn problem there.

Knowing Konami, especially given their current relationship with Kojima, I don't believe they will ever change this. Why should they?

Looks like I'll be raising a shit-ton of money and good soldiers just to prevent losses from random assholes.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #2839
Space Cop
The Dandy

That sounds incredibly annoying. Maybe it's not so bad if I never get to play this one.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:00 PM   #2840
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT / 12 OCT 2015
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT $50 SEASON PASS ANNOUNCED

That's 1/3rd the price of a remote controlled BB-8.
EA has revealed the details of the Star Wars Battlefront's $50 USD season pass, along with the info on the game's Hero Hunt mode.

The season pass will include 4 expansion packs, early access to the expansions by 2 weeks, an exclusive "Shoot First" emote and the promise of more details in the coming weeks.

Our Killstreaks in Star Wars: Battlefront
01:11
Hero Hunt begins with a player beginning as either a hero or villain, depending on what planet is being played, and 7 other players will spawn as troops from the opposing side. "A tense seven-versus-one hunt" then begins. The player who kills the hero or the villain then takes their place as Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, "or whichever iconic character is up based on the pre-determined order."

The season pass is currently available for pre-order through the PlayStation store, the Xbox store, or EA's own Origin service. Hero Hunt will be one of the available modes for the game when it launches on November 17.
Star Wars Battlefront has been in beta testing, a move that proved so popular EA extended the Star Wars Battlefront beta by an extra day. Of course, the extra time is for technical tests, so connectivity problems may arise, but that still shouldn't stop you from trying to capture a few more of those infinitely entertaining animated gifs.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/...paign=Blogroll

Old 10-12-2015, 08:00 PM   #2841
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT / 12 OCT 2015
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT $50 SEASON PASS ANNOUNCED

That's 1/3rd the price of a remote controlled BB-8.
EA has revealed the details of the Star Wars Battlefront's $50 USD season pass, along with the info on the game's Hero Hunt mode.

The season pass will include 4 expansion packs, early access to the expansions by 2 weeks, an exclusive "Shoot First" emote and the promise of more details in the coming weeks.

Our Killstreaks in Star Wars: Battlefront
01:11
Hero Hunt begins with a player beginning as either a hero or villain, depending on what planet is being played, and 7 other players will spawn as troops from the opposing side. "A tense seven-versus-one hunt" then begins. The player who kills the hero or the villain then takes their place as Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, "or whichever iconic character is up based on the pre-determined order."

The season pass is currently available for pre-order through the PlayStation store, the Xbox store, or EA's own Origin service. Hero Hunt will be one of the available modes for the game when it launches on November 17.
Star Wars Battlefront has been in beta testing, a move that proved so popular EA extended the Star Wars Battlefront beta by an extra day. Of course, the extra time is for technical tests, so connectivity problems may arise, but that still shouldn't stop you from trying to capture a few more of those infinitely entertaining animated gifs.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/...paign=Blogroll

Old 10-12-2015, 08:56 PM   #2842
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

I hate EA

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:57 PM   #2843
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
I hate EA
yep

Old 10-12-2015, 09:18 PM   #2844
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
That sounds incredibly annoying. Maybe it's not so bad if I never get to play this one.
No, I do very strongly recommend the game in spite of this atrocious foisting. Before, when I was under the misinformation that it was optional, I was power-leveling my forces by constantly doing side ops and repeating main missions to complete extra objectives and raise my mission ranks.

I currently have around 10 million GMP in the game just from constant hoarding. I can use that to develop pretty much anything, including security protection (various devices, more security on my FOB, etc). Better security costs a lot more money, yes, but with this much I doubt I'll ever run dry and with an under-developed FOB that's heavily defended, I doubt I'll often be attacked (especially if I don't have PS+). And I'm still earning money from main ops, side ops, and combat deployments.

Hell, when I just logged into the game now, I was informed my online ranking dropped a bunch because I did nothing to improve it. Good news for me.

Eventually I might add to it a tiny bit, but I find that highly doubtful. I just don't see the need to put much effort into the FOB system, and I dunno if I'll ever bother with MG Online (maybe I'll watch some vids, doubt they'll move me).

So I do think you should get the game, just be sure to bolster your forces and arsenal before mission 21/22 (doing the first makes you stop and play the second).
Old 10-12-2015, 11:20 PM   #2845
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
. . .

So I do think you should get the game, just be sure to bolster your forces and arsenal before mission 21/22 (doing the first makes you stop and play the second).
Well, in all likelihood I can't afford a next gen console and won't be playing new games anymore. It really only bothers me for the MK, Hitman, and MGS franchises, so I was just trying to soften the blow.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:09 AM   #2846
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

You'll get there one day. Don't give up on the dream, man.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:59 PM   #2847
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Old 10-18-2015, 03:58 AM   #2848
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Browing eBay, it's impossible to find a copy of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for GameCube that's both in good condition and modestly priced. Your choices are paying out the ass or getting into a bidding war before either losing or paying out the ass anyway.

So I found a complete, good-condition copy of the PS1 version of MGS. I'll be skipping Portable Ops and the Acid games, but otherwise that's the whole series for me.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:28 PM   #2849
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Fearless no longer has to waste his time forgetting that Uplay was ever a thing, because Ubisoft has scrapped it in total.

And then they replaced it with something that's pretty much the exact same thing.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:03 AM   #2850
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

The NES is 30 years old.