The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 08-03-2016, 10:59 PM   #3101
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Guys, that was the $100 book I talked about a short while ago in this very thread.

Anyway, I preordered Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4) and tried to put a reserve on Nintendo's NES Classic Mini, but GameStop said it's not listed for reserve currently. Shit, I hope the fucking thing isn't limited production.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:07 PM   #3102
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Guys, that was the $100 book I talked about a short while ago in this very thread. . .
You know, I thought that was it (so much so that I scrolled down to look for it, but didn't go back multiple pages), but the odd thing is that Amazon is listing it at $30, so I figured it was something different. I know Amazon can low-ball prices, but $70?!
Old 08-04-2016, 12:04 AM   #3103
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Hot damn, if they have a deal that good, I'll put money down for it too!
Old 08-04-2016, 02:50 AM   #3104
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well, while placing that preorder, I saw that classic Atari games are being rereleased for current-gen (at least PS4), two 50-game volumes called Atari Flashback Classics. Might have to pick those up as well one day (they release in October, according to Amazon).
Old 08-04-2016, 03:52 AM   #3105
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Hot damn, if they have a deal that good, I'll put money down for it too!
Yep. That's much more reasonable and much less only-if-a-rich-relative-gets-me-it-for-Christmas. It would make a handsome coffee table choice.

EDIT: Aha; I think I see the reason. It looks like there will be a regular hardcover edition (the $30 one, which is also roughly the digital price), but there's also a special-edition slipcase version, which Amazon is soliciting at $75.

Quote:
Well, while placing that preorder, I saw that classic Atari games are being rereleased for current-gen (at least PS4), two 50-game volumes called Atari Flashback Classics. Might have to pick those up as well one day (they release in October, according to Amazon).
That sounds like fun. A couple days ago I moved my old PS2 from my bedroom (where I rarely played it) to my den (where the 360 and PS3 are). I started re-playing Mega Man 2 (I'm to Wily's castle) from the Legacy Collection. Dang were 8-bit games tough! I've gotten so spoiled on frequent breaks and infinite respawns.

Last edited by Space Cop; 08-04-2016 at 04:10 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:53 AM   #3106
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Heisenberg (Breaking Bad) in Fallout 4

Old 08-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #3107
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/8/1240...online-archive
Old 08-10-2016, 10:17 PM   #3108
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I needed to buy wear-around-home gym shorts, so I stopped into Kohl's before getting comics. Decided to look around at their graphic tees and found these three gems, among several others, but I wanted to have a limit on my spending for the day so I only grabbed this trio and a fourth shirt (Fallout's Vault Boy) for my stepdad as a gift. He loved it, of course.

In way of explanation as to why these three: though the Sega Genesis was my first console, we had (probably from my older sister's younger days) an Atari console, likely the legendary 2600, in the house in a cabinet once upon a time, and even though I didn't hook it up or even really grasp what it was, I eventually came to understand its significance; the NES has my birth-year on it and I did play a little bit on ones owned by other kids and liked some of the games; and the PlayStation one because of the fun times I had with the PS1 brought over by the daughter of a friend of my dad's, because of my own fun times with the 2, the 3, and currently the 4.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:05 AM   #3109
Space Cop
The Dandy

Just some fun fan art since I've been in a Mega Man mood (until the difficulty drives me away or gives me a heart attack).

Old 09-01-2016, 09:15 PM   #3110
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Lindsay Lohan loses Grand Theft Auto lawsuit
Old 09-02-2016, 12:18 AM   #3111
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Gears of War 4's Horde 3.0 trailer

If only I could pick that up...
Old 09-02-2016, 01:45 AM   #3112
Space Cop
The Dandy

Party like it's 1991!

I just beat Megaman 3 for my first time ever.

My left thumb feels like it was hit with a brick, but I even got Wily with no E tanks (but many continues).

Last edited by Space Cop; 09-02-2016 at 04:25 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:55 AM   #3113
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Congratulations. Kind of makes me want to pick up my DS and beat the first Legend of Zelda (I've had the rerelease for a few years, never got very far, have been pouring myself into many other things since).
Old 09-02-2016, 03:43 AM   #3114
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I've never even tried one Zelda game because I've never got into RPGs, but if/when I get that mini-NES, I'll try the first.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:32 PM   #3115
buffalorock
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
^I've never even tried one Zelda game because I've never got into RPGs, but if/when I get that mini-NES, I'll try the first.
Although Zelda has many trappings of an RPG, I find it more of an adventure game (most of them anyways, Zelda 2 is a lot closer to RPG).

The first one is great in the sense of exploration and finding the little secrets hidden throughout the overworld, and I like the music in it. I didn't beat it until I was in college, and have only beat the first one, Ocarina, and Wind Waker.

Congrats on beating Mega Man 3, excellent entry in the series imho and one of my favorites. I've only beaten 2, 3, 6, and 7 without any codes or anything. Watching my bro beat 5 was impressive, that one is tough.
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:48 PM   #3116
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalorock View Post
...Congrats on beating Mega Man 3, excellent entry in the series imho and one of my favorites. I've only beaten 2, 3, 6, and 7 without any codes or anything. Watching my bro beat 5 was impressive, that one is tough.

Mega Man was my favorite series until Metal Gear Solid. On the NES I only remember having 1, 2, and then 6 for some reason. I believe I had 5 on Gameboy. I know I beat MM 2 multiple times (had it down to beating it in like 2 hours though I see online people do it in like 40 mins). It's my favorite. In my replay recently, I stalled before Wily's castle. I tried it, but it's taking too long, so I moved on.

I probably would've beat MM 3 as a kid if I had it. I feel like I beat MM 1 as a kid, but I don't know. It's so damned hard.

I've been playing the MM collection (1-8) on PS2. Now, I'm stuck on Ring Man in MM 4. I keep missing jumps and the few times I've gotten to Ring Man have not gone well. So frustrating. I tried this one level for like two hours today.

Old 09-05-2016, 02:53 AM   #3117
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Big day for me!

Due to the house modem acting wonky, I was barred from several Web sites, thus could not organize a team on Bungie.net to grab another Moment of Triumph for Year 2 in Destiny. My stepdad reset the modem this morning, but I had to pull weeds and lay tarp for half the day, and when I was done, I really had no energy (and my neck has been hurting from a pulled muscle or something, and I now have sunburn), so I just did a few event FOB runs in Phantom Pain.

After dinner, I was deciding between trying to do the King's Fall Heroic Raid or trying again for my Exotic sword. Chose the latter, and I was about to cancel after waiting for around 20 minutes when two guys joined to help me out. We had some difficulty but were able to reach the boss.

And then the one guy just quit. He was still playing the game in general, he just quit the mission.

Luckily another guy joined, and after we got wiped, we managed to show him our Legendary solar swords and he pulled out his void Exotic sword, so he was very helpful after that.

Our second try was also a series of close-calls, but we managed to get the Solar Knight Warden down to a small bit of health and the boss to a minimum. I hurry up and kill the Knight, the others axe the boss, and I get the notice that all my hard work and patience have paid off.

I profusely thank the one guy (we were talking via mics the whole time) and then collect my sword and the next rank in the Year 2 Moments of Triumph book. I quickly infuse it with a spare Thunderlord, and now have a beastly 334 Raze-Lighter. Sweetness supreme.

I'll need to hustle tomorrow night and do the Golgoroth challenge for his calcified fragment, but other than that, I think I might actually be able to pull off all the tasks in time for Rise of Iron. If not, then not getting all 50 fragments, thereby losing out on an emblem and a custom T-shirt, will just have to be what it is.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:55 AM   #3118
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
...Luckily another guy joined, and after we got wiped, we managed to show him our Legendary solar swords and he pulled out his void Exotic sword, so he was very helpful after that...
I profusely thank the one guy ...
This sounds dirty.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:59 PM   #3119
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

It doesn't help that we were doing this in a very dark basement with a bunch of creepy things pawing at us, does it?
Old 09-05-2016, 10:36 PM   #3120
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

since Xmas is only 4mos away.....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:48 PM   #3121
Space Cop
The Dandy

^Nostalgia overload. Actually, I never owned an SNES (though I played friends' games a little), so I'd love to play a lot of those games I missed.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:57 PM   #3122
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I still remember some of the first times I saw a SNES: the first time was at this one sitter's house, the older brother would show me Super Castlevania IV and Final Fight; another sitter took me and my little sister to her friend's house and he had one; and then on the way home one night I found a new one, box and all, under the midseat of the van. My mom insisted she was hiding it for a coworker so his son wouldn't find it before his own birthday, wouldn't let me play it at all. Of course, this was shortly before it was actually given to me for my birthday, I think, but it took me many years to realize this obvious truth (mixture of my age then and just forgetting).
Old 09-06-2016, 09:57 PM   #3123
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Batman: Return to Arkham side-by-side trailer, release date confirmed

I think the remastered visuals look just fine, in some cases better. It's ultimately up to the viewer, since the aesthetics are frankly on equal footing when all things are considered, but I think the remaster has a bit more life and color to it, nothing truly groundbreaking. I'll have to get this one day.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:22 AM   #3124
Space Cop
The Dandy

I'm looking for a video game term I heard in one of Mike Matei's videos. I know fishing (phishing) is when you do meaningless little tasks to level up (especially in RPGs), but there's some specific term for leveling up by killing enemies (non-bosses). Anyone know that that is?

In old Mega Man games I've been using this trick where in certain places you can find easy-to-kill enemies and if you need health or lives you can back off the screen, let the enemies respawn, kill them and repeat until you get the rewards you want.

Last edited by Space Cop; 09-07-2016 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:24 AM   #3125
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

"Grinding" is when you just kill loads of enemies to level up.

"Farming" is when you kill loads of enemies to get specific items.

"Phishing" is an illegal real-world tactic to get someone's personal data.