Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question about the reboot re: Kyle....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
    Well, they say big stories happened, but some have real problems nowadays. And even before now ...

A BIG part of COIE was the death of Supergirl. Almost immediately afterwards Supergirl was retconned never to exist. How do you reconcile Earth-2 and Earth-S into DCNU? COI is a continuity nightmare. Probably the first continuity nightmare.

Legends introduced Darkseid to the new DCU and the new Wonder Woman to the world. Previous stories of JLA with Wonder Woman now have Black Canary becayse DC says so. With Wonder Woman always having been around this story suffers greatly.

Zero Hour. I think they're hoping we'll all forget Hawk was ever Extant, but he was a huge part of Zero Hour. And this is the first time Waverider died; Mattew Rider replaced him. This was retconned in Superman where the team was decimated by Imperiex and all save Liri Lee turned themselves into gigantic brains (even Waverider, the energy being) and all save for Liri Lee were banished by Zeus. Later this was also retconned by having Waverider killed in 52 and Hunter imprisoning the Linear Men ... when they escapoed Liri Lee became Waverider.

This isn't even all the retcons for them, just the most confusing. For guys who don't appear very often, they got retconned a whole lot.

Finally, I don't know how possible it is to reconcile Millenium to the current stuff. Herupa doesn't even remember his own name anymore. I can see him coming back to life, but forgetting his name so soon? And then there's everythign about no emotion, despite the obvious love he shows in Millenium, and all the changes with the Zamarons.
    Why is it that, we have to listen to DC when it comes to continuity rules? Don't we pay for their books?

Comment

It's very simple: the DC Universe is being rebooted except for the GL stories, but they're going to cram them in anyway. If stuff doesn't match up...tough shit. Geoff Johns has never respected continuity before when it comes to GL; why would that change now?
      The last fan of 1990s comics
      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
        Chew
        Walking Dead
        Invincible
        Fear Agent
        Scalped
        Fables

Because these books are all "event" books and are all about the mighty dollar right?
        Yeah, no thanks. It'll be like quitting cigarettes for a little bit (cravings, "the shakes", night sweats, etc), but I gotta quit cold turkey. This from the guy heading to Chicago Comic Con next week.

Comment

I personally don't recall as many delays in books before Didio(t) took over. I mean, when Jenette Kahn ran things the only time I had a delay in getting my books, was when a federal holiday occurred on a Monday so instead of Wednesday the new titles would be out Thursday but i never had to wait two extra weeks or a MONTH for my next issue (especially not during a major event storyline)
          This (among many other reasons) is why i'm enjoying Comixology's releases so much nowadays)
          Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Working...
          X