No announcement yet.

John Stewart and the Xanshi Sub-Plot in Green Lantern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what has happened with this sub-story within Blackest Night? It's like it got dropped, or was it pushed back? We see John and Katma-Tui......and then that's the last we hear about them. I was kinda interested in keeping up with this.
    For what shall it profit a man if he should gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Everybody who lives dies, but not everybody who dies has lived - No Fear

Comment

http://dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?cm=13577

^A solo John Stewart issue- Next Month.

Comment

It doesn't matter how this ends. There can be no redemption from useless storytelling. For the past 6 issues, he could have had John do what he's done in one. And we'd all probably be looking forward to it. Yes whatever happens will be splashpage insanity but I highly doubt it would be worth the terrible setup.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
          It doesn't matter how this ends. There can be no redemption from useless storytelling. For the past 6 issues, he could have had John do what he's done in one. And we'd all probably be looking forward to it. Yes whatever happens will be splashpage insanity but I highly doubt it would be worth the terrible setup.
          agreed. I liked where this was going, but it's become so drawn out and forgotten, it almost shouldn't have been done at all. If GJ had at least kept the story going in all the BL issues it would have been ok. Just wish he'd thought about it more. Might have been a good sub-story to work with and bring John back into the light a little more. I still look forward to the next GL issues that fearless said will center a little more on John, just think they could have done a better job of it.
          For what shall it profit a man if he should gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Everybody who lives dies, but not everybody who dies has lived - No Fear

Comment

i say fatality and john kick xanshis ass...after fatality pulls john out of a sorry ass state of being useless....... she is his key to overcoming all of this drama from him destroying that planet.

Comment

That's the thing. All this drama was so long ago we've already seen him get over it. So this is TRYING to bring up old scars but even if the next issue is completely dedicated to John I find it really hard to believe that we'll get anything satisfactory out of it. The fact that we even remember is probably more to due to seeing his name on this forum than seeing him in the comic.

Comment

or this could be the set up to something that will change the tide of BN. We just don't know yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo7Solo View Post
                  or this could be the set up to something that will change the tide of BN. We just don't know yet.
                  That doesn't mean anything. It can be super important but it was still a shitty "buildup". There's no suspense in seeing him walking around that planet for a single panel. And this late in the game, if John is suddenly surrounded by a shit load of Black Lanterns, it'll be nothing new. Its been bad storytelling, but I'm sure Geoff has given Doug plenty of splash pages to make the moment "EPIC!"

Comment

John is gonna Shine well in the Next Issue... following his New Action figure. Remember his willpower exceeding the ring limit Issue? We gonna have a feast Next issue together with Fatality's Violet light. Go J.s.!
                    Let Ther Be LIGHT! Evil Beware My Powers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                      That doesn't mean anything. It can be super important but it was still a shitty "buildup". There's no suspense in seeing him walking around that planet for a single panel. And this late in the game, if John is suddenly surrounded by a shit load of Black Lanterns, it'll be nothing new. Its been bad storytelling, but I'm sure Geoff has given Doug plenty of splash pages to make the moment "EPIC!"
                      yeah at this point if John is surrounded by a shit load of BLs it would be nothing new. And with the buld up it is pretty obvious that is where it is going. Kind of makes me think that isn't where they are going with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo7Solo View Post
                        John Stewart: White Lantern

No wonder his plot was moving at a snail's pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaal Jordan View Post
                          John Stewart: White Lantern

No wonder his plot was moving at a snail's pace.

Well, considering, I was thinking more like John Stewart: Ion.

Comment

Doesn't Yat have Ion last I checked he was on a sun
                            Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

yeah I'm not thinking he will be ION or even a WL but do think this story line will lead to a big turn in the story.

Comment

Working...
                              X