The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Corps/Emerald Warriors/John Stewart
FLASHCHAT

Green Lantern Corps

Old 12-13-2008, 11:42 PM   #26
artisticblasts

I think every 2814 Sector Green Lanterns (including Alan Scott as well, although he's from some other kind of sources!) are considerably the best Green Lanterns. It's just a matter of time and methods on how Geoff Johns and the other DC Comics writers proofing them to be. I just wish to see Guy Gardner rise and shine
Old 12-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #27
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Soon only Guy will wear that title.

But it means no disrespect to any of the tohers.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #28
GL_2814
Bond, Lantern Bond

I don't think any GL should be declared the greatest, I mean look at what happened to the last three that bore that title. Sinestro-went rouge and did his best to destroy the Corps. Hal- went rogue and did destroy the Corps. Kyle- suborned into being Parallax and fought the Corps. So what happens to Guy if he gets the title? My guess is he goes Warrior again, has a psychotic breakdown, and destroys Oa.
GL_2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:08 AM   #29
lanternut
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via MSN to lanternut

Before or after he nails Wonder Woman?
Old 12-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #30
artisticblasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL_2814 View Post
I don't think any GL should be declared the greatest, I mean look at what happened to the last three that bore that title. Sinestro-went rouge and did his best to destroy the Corps. Hal- went rogue and did destroy the Corps. Kyle- suborned into being Parallax and fought the Corps. So what happens to Guy if he gets the title? My guess is he goes Warrior again, has a psychotic breakdown, and destroys Oa.
hell ... that comes with the title. Who knows that Guy Gardner, the 2814 GL which considered as man-ape among his other friends, is the only one who is capable to overcome such risk, with his own stubborness?

That could make a new history of the GL storylines

Old 12-20-2008, 06:49 PM   #31
GL_2814
Bond, Lantern Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanternut View Post
Wonder Woman would beat him worse than she did Max Lord
Old 12-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #32
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Hey, it doesn't detract from the other Lanterns and meanwhile it boosts Guy. I think it's a great idea.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:10 AM   #33
artisticblasts

Like I said, it's big possibilities with Guy Gardner.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #34
GL_2814
Bond, Lantern Bond

I'd like to see it just for his breakdown.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:23 AM   #35
Jay Burg
American Bad Ass

well dayum.. this is news.

... i kinda like it. Go Guy? ( Don't worry Hal.. everybody knows your still the greatest.. but this would be funny as all hell, if Guy became the greatest... at least for a month or two... )

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.
Jay Burg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:17 AM   #36
JohnMc
Green Lantern

I'm still in the "I'll believe it when I see it." mode. Johns has shit on Guy too much [having his neck nearly snapped twice and having to be carried around by John as well] to believe Guy will emerge as the Greatest Green Lantern.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #37
M2Dane
Kyle's Nude Model

I'd just take it that, while Guy will officially be the greatest GREEN lantern, Hal will have been catapulted in to a new level by having him be able to effectively be able to tap into all the lantern powers, we've seen him use the yellow rings with limited success, ganthet wants him to be the leader of the blue lantern, he's become a red lantern, we've seen him be greedy with the taking of the other lanterns rings (orange), star sapphires want him (violet), he's essentially been dead (black). We'll have to see how his compassion will lead the indigo lanterns to him.

So Hal Jordan will no longer be the greatest Green Lantern, he will become the greatest Lantern.

Just a wild thought, we'll have to wait until the summer to see.
M2Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #38
The Pizza Guy
Corpse Trainee

Send a message via Yahoo to The Pizza Guy

I know I've seen the same thing too about Guy being the greatest. I think it may have been in wizard but I'm not sure as it's been awhile.

However I would like the real "Greatest Green Lantern" to stand up. Hal, Guy, or Sinestro. They've all been in some way shape or form referred to as The Greatest Green Lantern.

Last edited by The Pizza Guy; 02-10-2009 at 08:38 PM.
The Pizza Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:46 AM   #39
M2Dane
Kyle's Nude Model

Well, since Sinestro was the first we've heard of being called the greatest green lantern, then followed by his protege Hal Jordan both of which have skewed horribly off course, leaving guy the only one who hasn't gone completely ape-shit enough to be labeled as a renegade lantern, so I guess in theory that would put him high in the running for title of greatest green lantern. Since he's the only non-renegade greatest green lantern, even if he is very bull-headed.
M2Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #40
Tons T
Alpha-Lantern

greatest? hehe im not sure. but im hoping he'd get the respect that he always wanted during Blackest Night, especially from the people of earth
Old 02-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #41
The Pizza Guy
Corpse Trainee

Send a message via Yahoo to The Pizza Guy

My luck it'll end up being some obscure Lantern we've never heard of til BN
The Pizza Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #42
Maxal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanternut View Post
That's really the only criteria I could think of to qualify someone as the greatest GL of ALL TIME!
Old 05-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #43
JohnMc
Green Lantern

I wonder how long it will take in this event for Guy to nearly have his neck broken [for the 3rd time] and be carried around by John or Kyle [for the 3rd time]
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #44
Joefavre

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
I also was unable to come up with anything MisterEd. Spy Smasher, no one is accusing you of lying, just wondered if you could provide a link to said interview. I for one would be all for Guy becoming the greatest ever.

But like you MisterEd, I wouldn't want to sacrifice my favorite character to achieve it.
I agree with the no sacrific thing. There's been enough earth GL death for now. I looked for this article as well. I found a lot of articles by Johns about blackest night. In particular he mentions multiple times that he is focusing on Hal and he also said "No fan, he said, has reason to hate Kyle, Hal, John Stewart, or Guy Gardner simply because they prefer one over the others"

Interview with Geoff John where he mentions above quote: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=17483 That's what a link is btw.....proof is good.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find an article about Guy's role in Blackest Night......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTomaselli View Post
Proof?
Ditto....need the article, doesn't seem to fit with what he's been writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy Smasher View Post
Soon only Guy will wear that title.

But it means no disrespect to any of the tohers.
I don't understand your reasoning behind that. I mean wasn't it disrespectful to Sinestro when he was stripped of that title and it was given to Jordan?

Also I find your "Soon only Guy will wear that title" comment a little disturbing. I mean are you imagining the guardians writing a new law in the Book of Oa OFFICIALLY declaring Guy and NO ONE ELSE the "greatest GL of all"? I just don't see that happening. I mean as it is right now with Hal, the title is his by general concensus alone, but it's still up for debate (See message boards).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy Smasher View Post
Hey, it doesn't detract from the other Lanterns and meanwhile it boosts Guy. I think it's a great idea.
Again, I think it detracts a little. I mean Hal had the title....now he doesn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
I'm still in the "I'll believe it when I see it." mode. Johns has shit on Guy too much [having his neck nearly snapped twice and having to be carried around by John as well] to believe Guy will emerge as the Greatest Green Lantern.
I need to see it. If it is real I hope it's done well. As long as it's written well I'll have no beef with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pizza Guy View Post

I know I've seen the same thing too about Guy being the greatest. I think it may have been in wizard but I'm not sure as it's been awhile.

However I would like the real "Greatest Green Lantern" to stand up. Hal, Guy, or Sinestro. They've all been in some way shape or form referred to as The Greatest Green Lantern.
What no love for Kyle or John?? I mean this is why people shouldn't pay as much attention to the "greatest" title anyway. Despite Hal currently having the title I don't think he's better than the other earth GL's. See arguments in Kyle forum.

Bottom line - None of the earth GL's are slackers. All are very willful and very strong. Stop hating. Stop focusing on "Who's the greatest" GL is a team. That's what makes them awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tons T View Post
greatest? hehe im not sure. but im hoping he'd get the respect that he always wanted during Blackest Night, especially from the people of earth
I agree. I'm hoping that Blackest Night will give ALL the earth GL's a chance to shine. I hope the people of earth recognize all of them, but if they don't......well GL is a universal drama and ultimately earth is a small piece of the larger picture.

Last edited by Joefavre; 05-16-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #45
Colonel Xonic
The Butcher

Send a message via Skype™ to Colonel Xonic

Anyway... I do hope to see all lanterns be recognized, some more than others. I hope they single out individuals of other corps too. Over all I would like to see BN show more than one character and give others their chance to shine.
Colonel Xonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #46
raynersraider

It would be a nice feather in the cap for Guy...Alan, Hal and Kyle have held down the top spot in the comic, John had the main role in the cartoon, it's nice they're finally throwing Guy a bone.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #47
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

Send a message via AIM to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynersraider View Post
It would be a nice feather in the cap for Guy...Alan, Hal and Kyle have held down the top spot in the comic, John had the main role in the cartoon, it's nice they're finally throwing Guy a bone.
well he did, guy had his own series.

kyle took over hal's title and alan hasnt had a solo series in over 30 years

cant wait to see GUY shine
Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 AM   #48
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynersraider View Post
John had the main role in the cartoon
Guy has the main role in the current cartoon, doesn't he?

And I feel compelled to remind everyone that the "Guy will become the Greatest Green Lantern in Blacket Night!" was from an alternate timeline in Booster Gold #1 and #2, a timeline in which Hal never got a ring but Guy got it instead. The timeline was fixed so things wouldn't play out that Guy would be the greatest GL in BN... Hal, if anything.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:00 AM   #49
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

Send a message via AIM to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Guy has the main role in the current cartoon, doesn't he?

And I feel compelled to remind everyone that the "Guy will become the Greatest Green Lantern in Blacket Night!" was from an alternate timeline in Booster Gold #1 and #2, a timeline in which Hal never got a ring but Guy got it instead. The timeline was fixed so things wouldn't play out that Guy would be the greatest GL in BN... Hal, if anything.

well maybe guy becomes both in both timelines.

obviously geoff said it for a reason then and months later.

and whats the current cartoon?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 AM   #50
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
and whats the current cartoon?
Batman: Brave and the Bold.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote