The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern: New Guardians/Kyle Rayner
FLASHCHAT

Kyle Rayner

Old 11-19-2008, 05:52 AM   #26
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

I don't think Kyle needs another "gimmick" change, which is essentially what making him a different colored lantern is doing. Gimmick changes never seem to work out well for DC. Even with the best of intentions, like de-aging Alan or giving Guy a yellow ring, they just never seem to stick.

If anything Kyle needs to be brought back to his roots as a down-to-earth guy with a quirky sence of humor when he creates constructs. Personally, I like that he's the only Earth GL that the Guardians seem to like. But those scenes have been oh-so very long ago.

I think GLC is the right place for him, but it doesn't seem like they know what to do with the guy. Or, maybe, they're taking their good, sweet time with it. It WOULD be nice to see some of his old villains pop up (Nero and new Sonar spring to mind, one of the Effigies lying around the universe another) and friends (the New Corps prominently in my mind here) without them being slapped silly. Fatality, at least, got a nod recently, although I do belive she's still in the "slapped silly" category.
Gauntlet101010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:57 AM   #27
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
Fatality, at least, got a nod recently, although I do belive she's still in the "slapped silly" category.
That, and she's become more of a John Stewart villain ever since the Winick run.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:15 AM   #28
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
That, and she's become more of a John Stewart villain ever since the Winick run.
She can fall under either category. Point is: they can bring back some of his villains. Or do them right if they are still around.
Gauntlet101010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #29
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

If they make Kyle a Blue, why not Hal a pink, Guy an Orange, and John a Red? Then Alan can become an Indigo just for shits n giggles.
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #30
TorchBearer
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
They can. But that doesn't mean that they will keep either of those promises. DC isn't exactly known for keeping their promises. Which is a good thing, by the way. May I remind you guys that just ten years ago, DC was still saying that Hal will never return as a Green Lantern?
After a couple of years now, I'm glad that they went back on that promise.

Oh, and I'm not sure that supercharging green rings is the only power of a Blue Lantern. There will be more.

So would I mind if they turned Kyle into a Blue Lantern, complete with a costume change and new powers? Not if it turns him into a better character.
Agreed!

From what I saw, the Red Lanterns Flame Eats away at the Contsructs...
Like how a Blinding Rage eats away at your ability to think and focus...but im sure the Red lanterns will eb able to do much more once they learn to focus that Rage.

The Blue Lantern was able to energize hals ring, as Hope as an Emotion can be used to keep you going and give you a boost in what you normally can do. Again im sure that they can do more.

Geoff said once that between the Powers they will effect eatchother very differently as a side effect in a prev post
Old 11-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #31
TorchBearer
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
I don't think Kyle needs another "gimmick" change, which is essentially what making him a different colored lantern is doing. Gimmick changes never seem to work out well for DC. Even with the best of intentions, like de-aging Alan or giving Guy a yellow ring, they just never seem to stick.

If anything Kyle needs to be brought back to his roots as a down-to-earth guy with a quirky sence of humor when he creates constructs. Personally, I like that he's the only Earth GL that the Guardians seem to like. But those scenes have been oh-so very long ago.

I think GLC is the right place for him, but it doesn't seem like they know what to do with the guy. Or, maybe, they're taking their good, sweet time with it. It WOULD be nice to see some of his old villains pop up (Nero and new Sonar spring to mind, one of the Effigies lying around the universe another) and friends (the New Corps prominently in my mind here) without them being slapped silly. Fatality, at least, got a nod recently, although I do belive she's still in the "slapped silly" category.

Im sure hes the only one they really like...Do they still ahve there memories from when they were children and didnt get there genetic memory back?

He pretty much gave birth to them, hes the gaurdians Baby Daddy...lol