The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #76
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
 
Tazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: @play
Posts: 24,687
Default

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
that's what i payed for
well, for U I guess art imitates life then.










Tazer
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #77
Parrylakks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,292
Send a message via Yahoo to Parrylakks
Default

Taze... I think you need to calm down, sit back, relax, stay away from Rise of Cobra, and enjoy Resolute... again... and again.
There's no reason 2009 can't be the year of the Joe even if you didn't like the live action film... because the anime came, too.
Parrylakks is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #78
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern
 
Rotten2thecorps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Qward
Posts: 2,506
Default

Someone said Why can't you enjoy it for what it is. The reason is because it had the gall to call itself GI.JOE! A GI.Joe movie should be like GI.JOE

I also read here that people are accepting that no movie will represent the Cartoon or Comic. I give you 300. If you are okay for settling for these movies where they don't even try to capture the magic of thier namesake,Fine. Just don't get mad at me because I make hollywood work for the money.
__________________
Green Lantern.... I use to read that.
Rotten2thecorps is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #79
Parrylakks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,292
Send a message via Yahoo to Parrylakks
Default

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Parrylakks is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #80
Tach
Corpse Trainee
 
Tach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SFV, CA.
Posts: 266
Default

Okay, that's not fair. There's no way anything is gonna beat Resolute, man.
__________________
Tach is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #81
Parrylakks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,292
Send a message via Yahoo to Parrylakks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
The reason is because it had the gall to call itself GI.JOE! A GI.Joe movie should be like GI.JOE
It WAS like G.I. Joe... if it were made with a different title, and different names, everyone would be saying "Dude... that was so much like G.I. Joe." But no, they didn't do that, they called it what it was, and it was exactly that.

Sure its not as accurate as some would hope, but its still G.I. Joe... and I would know... I was raised on the Joes... be it the Sunbow series, the DiC series... or even the Extreme series... I was raised on this shit. And I've seen it all... granted I've never read word one from a G.I. Joe comic... but having seen all the shows (including Sigma 6, the CG movies, and Resolute, even though those weren't mentioned above), I can tell you the film IS G.I. Joe. It may not be the G.I. Joe you wanted or expected... but that doesn't stop the fact that it IS G.I. Joe.
Parrylakks is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #82
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern
 
Rotten2thecorps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Qward
Posts: 2,506
Default

Parry I thought we had a understanding that we weren't talking to each other? I am not going to agrue with you wich is what I know you want. I am just gonna say Sorry dude you are wrong. Now please Hold up your end of the deal.
__________________
Green Lantern.... I use to read that.
Rotten2thecorps is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #83
Parrylakks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,292
Send a message via Yahoo to Parrylakks
Default

Deal? What deal? I honestly don't know what you're talking about. And besides, I don't want you to argue with me... I want you to realize there is more Joe out there than your skewed concept, and realize that, like it or not, the film IS G.I. Joe. But back to this understanding... are you accusing me of baiting? Because if thats the case, you're WAY fucking off.

You want to see baiting, go down and take a look around Qward. This is regular conversation with varied viewpoints and supported evidence for each side... but when you come in, suddenly I'm trying to bait you? You've got a fucking screw lose, mate. (Oh, look, I broke a rule in response to your post... YOU MUST'VE BEEN BAITING!!! See how I turned that shit on you? Grow up, 007.)
Parrylakks is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #84
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern
 
Rotten2thecorps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Qward
Posts: 2,506
Default

Give it up already Parry. It is not going to work.
__________________
Green Lantern.... I use to read that.
Rotten2thecorps is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #85
Parrylakks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,292
Send a message via Yahoo to Parrylakks
Default

Okay... I've had enough of you... /reported.
Parrylakks is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #86
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern
 
Rotten2thecorps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Qward
Posts: 2,506
Default

Please do Because because At that I will share with andrew our last little tiffle were you, In viloation Of the rules resorted to name calling. I have been nice about It son,But Please PUSH ME!
__________________
Green Lantern.... I use to read that.
Rotten2thecorps is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #87
Prime
Attention Whore
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 31st Century
Posts: 3,288
Blog Entries: 14
Default

Tone it down some guys...no one needs to be throwing trash at each other...especially in a thread for a GI JOE movie...
__________________
Prime is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #88
Parrylakks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,292
Send a message via Yahoo to Parrylakks
Default

I still don't know what the hell he's talking about. But I think its clear to anyone and everyone that he doesn't really want to have a no communication relationship with me as he keeps posting responses to me... nevermind the fact that he doesn't have me on his ignore list... but yeah... okay... here... *PUSH* Seriously dude, what the hell are you trying to accomplish here?
Parrylakks is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #89
Prime
Attention Whore
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 31st Century
Posts: 3,288
Blog Entries: 14
Default

See above post, Parry!

...Anyway...

Yes, this was mindless action movie and IMO a terrible one. Let's get back on topic!
__________________
Prime is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #90
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern
 
Rotten2thecorps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Qward
Posts: 2,506
Default

You are right. I let him get under my skin and let him win. I apologize to everyone else. I just put him on my Ignore list so it should not be aproblem. Why I did not just do it sooner is beyound me. Again sorry guys.
__________________
Green Lantern.... I use to read that.
Rotten2thecorps is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #91
Parrylakks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,292
Send a message via Yahoo to Parrylakks
Default

Don't try to mod me, Prime... it just feels weird. lol

But yeah... I'm still confused as all hell as to where the fuck that all came from.
Parrylakks is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #92
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern
 
Rotten2thecorps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Qward
Posts: 2,506
Default

I loved Resolute. I liked Valor Vs Venom, I liked Spy troops. The CG was not great and the strory was cheezy but It was still GI.JOE.
__________________
Green Lantern.... I use to read that.
Rotten2thecorps is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #93
The_Mad_Dragon
Captain Pervert
 
The_Mad_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zamaron
Posts: 4,902
Send a message via AIM to The_Mad_Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to The_Mad_Dragon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
Please do Because because At that I will share with andrew our last little tiffle were you, In viloation Of the rules resorted to name calling. I have been nice about It son,But Please PUSH ME!
.... seriously, do you have ANY friends on this board? o_O
__________________
The_Mad_Dragon is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #94
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
 
Tazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: @play
Posts: 24,687
Default

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
Taze... I think you need to calm down, sit back, relax, stay away from Rise of Cobra, and enjoy Resolute... again... and again.
There's no reason 2009 can't be the year of the Joe even if you didn't like the live action film... because the anime came, too.
dude, if I start using a whole bunch of "!!!"'s and aLOT of LARGE SIZED LETTERS, or 4-letter words, *then* U can tell me to calm down. but as it is, Im fine. really. disappointed as all hell, but fine.

I simply refuse to take the path of "well, they tried and we should simply "smile & accept" becuz they tried.........", cuz Im just not the type to do that. I call a spade a spade; always have & always will.

I think yur right about Resolute tho..........


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
Someone said Why can't you enjoy it for what it is. The reason is because it had the gall to call itself GI.JOE! A GI.Joe movie should be like GI.JOE
testify my brother............PREACH IT!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
I also read here that people are accepting that no movie will represent the Cartoon or Comic. I give you 300. If you are okay for settling for these movies where they don't even try to capture the magic of thier namesake,Fine. Just don't get mad at me because I make hollywood work for the money.
AGREED FUCKING 100%






Tazer
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 10:12 PM   #95
The_Mad_Dragon
Captain Pervert
 
The_Mad_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zamaron
Posts: 4,902
Send a message via AIM to The_Mad_Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to The_Mad_Dragon
Default

.... Okay, Tazer doesn't count. Give him a half hearted compliment and he'll bend over backwards and open wide.

No offense, Taze.
__________________
The_Mad_Dragon is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #96
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern
 
Rotten2thecorps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Qward
Posts: 2,506
Default

Look mad if you got some heat with me fine. But leave Taze out of it. Okay?
__________________
Green Lantern.... I use to read that.
Rotten2thecorps is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 11:45 PM   #97
The_Mad_Dragon
Captain Pervert
 
The_Mad_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zamaron
Posts: 4,902
Send a message via AIM to The_Mad_Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to The_Mad_Dragon
Default

..... did you not read the "no offense" bit, or not?
__________________
The_Mad_Dragon is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #98
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern
 
Rotten2thecorps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Qward
Posts: 2,506
Default

Well this may just be me but the whole Open wide thing seems a little hard not to take offense to.
__________________
Green Lantern.... I use to read that.
Rotten2thecorps is offline  
Old 08-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #99
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
 
Tazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: @play
Posts: 24,687
Default

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Dragon View Post
.... Okay, Tazer doesn't count. Give him a half hearted compliment and he'll bend over backwards and open wide.

No offense, Taze.
oh ok...........................

































Tazer
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline  
Old 08-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #100
The_Mad_Dragon
Captain Pervert
 
The_Mad_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zamaron
Posts: 4,902
Send a message via AIM to The_Mad_Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to The_Mad_Dragon
Default

Observe: Taze, I find your crude humor to be rather funny.
__________________
The_Mad_Dragon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.