Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So put Reis and Shaner on stuff like this with lower tier characters? Meanwhile, a flagship title like The Flash has art that not only doesn't fit the title, but is barely readable. Doesn't make sense to me. Strengthen your bread winners' positions first and foremost.

Comment

• The art in Flash hasn't been that bad, at least if it's still the guy who was on art at the beginning of Rebirth.

For me, the art is a bigger selling point than the writing. I love Ron Marz work, but during the Ion maxi the art was horrendous and after the first six issues I just waited for the rest in trade. A 3rd string hero or concept is already handicapped out the gate, so do you further cement it as being shit by putting a bad artist on the book or do you at least *try* to put some effort into the series' first arc at least?

It'd be like Vibe's book. The opening arc had a better creative team, but when it changed...? Title went to shit and got the ax.

~//V\\~

Comment

• ^I find it funny that they outright call it their Fantastic Four.

Comment

• Marvel doesn't care about the F4 right now, and I don't think Fox does either LOL

~//V\\~

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
            Why do they keep putting Shaner on oddball stuff like this?!? There isn't enough super talent going around that they can piss him away like this. Put him on a main GL title!!!
            Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
            Ivan Reis is on art duties for this, not Shaner.
            Actually it seems that him and Reis will be sharing the art duties even though he wasn't named in the announcement:

As for why they put him on this:

Comment

• 'Captain Marvel'. Fuck calling him Shazam, just call a book "Power of Shazam" like they did before.

Is he ever gonna get a monthly before his flick? What's the holdup NOW post Rebirth?

~//V\\~

Comment

• Doom Patrol/Justice League #1 Cover by Frank Quitely

Comment

• "Super Milkman is here to say, 'Make sure you drink your vanilla-flavored Ovaltine!'"
                  Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• It's actually Milkman Man lol.

Comment

• ...Are you fucking with me right now?

Comment

• Never

Comment

• If it was up to me, I'd satire the shit out of the industry with that character.

But it probably isn't remotely satirical.

Comment

• Man, Gerard Way is desperate to ape Morrison's version of the DP. This looks like his homage to Flex Mentallo. Hopefully the Milk Man is saving housewives in suburbs across America from sexual boredom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                              ...Hopefully the Milk Man is saving housewives in suburbs across America from sexual boredom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                Yeah! Man, being a milk man must have been the BEST gig ever back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X