Green Lanterns: Rebirth #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
    I never understood why people want something like this to fail... just don't read it and let the ones that like it enjoy it.
    I assumed it was that they saw this as being the "flagship title" of the GL franchise, and feel like, as long as it is around, "fill-in-their-favorite-GL" will be shunted into a more minor role in a "supporting" title.

Comment

The message from Ethan got me reading it, and I felt really dumb after. It's a good comic with at times seriously stunning artwork. I felt satisfied with Hal's explanations for the Earth Lanterns, something I didn't expect at all.

Put it this way, I liked it enough to renew my subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
        The message from Ethan got me reading it, and I felt really dumb after. It's a good comic with at times seriously stunning artwork. I felt satisfied with Hal's explanations for the Earth Lanterns, something I didn't expect at all.

Put it this way, I liked it enough to renew my subscription.
        what did he say

Comment

what did he say
          He said hang in there, he has personal knowledge of the first arc, and that there were some developments coming up that would make someone like me very, very happy. By someone like me, he meant a person big into the Green Lantern Corps/Tomasi/Van Jensen runs, as well as people wanting to see more John Stewart. Ethan's a cool guy, pretty awesome he talks to fans like that.

I have to mention, my seeing the Red Lanterns "Red Dawn" promise at the end had me halfway reaching for the "renew subscription" button to begin with. I practically worshipped the RLs run. Miss that, Sinestro, and New Guardians like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
            Since I've been defending this books right to exist I'm glad that the first issue wasn't terrible though it wasn't anything special either.

On the writing side of things it's hard to tell who wrote what so I didn't really feel like we got a handle of what Humphries handle on the book will really be like, overall though the story really just boiled down to setup which I found a tad disappointing. I'm also a bit disappointed that we didn't really get to hear much of Jessica's voice come through in this issue, I felt like we got a strong dose Simon and that's pretty much it. If this is truly going to be a buddy cop book that can't continue.

On the art side of things Benes wasn't as bad as I expected him to be but I thought EVS wasn't up to his usual standard, the page where Jessica and Simon recharged their rings really bothered me, Jessica looked like she was a gymnast on a balance beam...just awkward posing.

Since no one ended up in a banana suit I consider it a win. 3/5.
            Understand you on the posing thing Jessica did. Was kind of weird. Anyways, the book was decent, but it has tremendous potential. If Jessica doesn't kill Simon first. They will make a great team. But it's going to take a minute, and hopefully TPTB realize that. Simon has to get control of his ego and feelings. Shame that the Red Lanterns, and especially Bleez, reduce to mediorocity.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
              Hopefully the series will get cancelled sooner rather than later. And both characters can get killed off in a meaningless manner.
              I never understood why people want something like this to fail... just don't read it and let the ones that like it enjoy it.
              Given GL's lack of presence on the silver screen and TV, I'm rooting for *any* Lantern characters to catch on and make some new fans.
              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Great point! But I recently lost my overly generous regard for what other people think when I said damn the (often vehemently negative) critics and went to see "X-men Apocalypse". I loved that movie, so from now on if I want to read, see, or listen to something I'm taking reviews with a boulder of salt. If you or I like something we like it, screw everybody else, right?

Originally posted by Tarmode View Post
                Understand you on the posing thing Jessica did. Was kind of weird. Anyways, the book was decent, but it has tremendous potential. If Jessica doesn't kill Simon first. They will make a great team. But it's going to take a minute, and hopefully TPTB realize that. Simon has to get control of his ego and feelings. Shame that the Red Lanterns, and especially Bleez, reduce to mediorocity.
                I agree, I was shocked to find myself liking GLs Rebirth and renewing my subscription to the Lantern titles in general. I though EoO was unbelievably boring overall (and please understand, the GLC are my all time favorite superheroes), and Green Lantern main title has gone steadily downhill since Blackest Night imo, Vendetti was abysmal.

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                Given GL's lack of presence on the silver screen and TV, I'm rooting for *any* Lantern characters to catch on and make some new fans.
                I think this is a refreshingly positive and good mindset.

Comment

I agree, I was shocked to find myself liking GLs Rebirth and renewing my subscription to the Lantern titles in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post

I mentioned that I changed my mind after being urged to try the comic again by Van Sciver. And go fuck yourself.
                    KilowogsDisciple
                    Green Lantern
                    Last edited by KilowogsDisciple; 06-11-2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Here's the link, asshole, written several days ago. Since you obviously have NOTHING better to do but pick through every little post here, it's astounding you'd miss that, Hypo.

Oh well, I've noticed that I really miss nothing by putting you on ignore, so good luck and take a big suck, you typical no-life-spent-in-mom's-basement dumbass. Sorry, that last is making me laugh my ass off: "good luck, take a suck!". One for the archives

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...8&postcount=23

This was so much fun I'd be okay with getting banned. Hypo is just too easy to fuck with.

Comment

Hypo is just too easy to fuck with.
                        Says the guy having the meltdown.

Comment

I couldn't help but be drawn in by the promise of "Red Dawn" for #1; I realize the spectrum isn't entirely popular around here, but the Red Lanterns are a favorite of mine, I miss that title like hell.

Comment

Here's the link, asshole, written several days ago. Since you obviously have NOTHING better to do but pick through every little post here, it's astounding you'd miss that, Hypo.

Oh well, I've noticed that I really miss nothing by putting you on ignore, so good luck and take a big suck, you typical no-life-spent-in-mom's-basement dumbass. Sorry, that last is making me laugh my ass off: "good luck, take a suck!". One for the archives

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...8&postcount=23

This was so much fun I'd be okay with getting banned. Hypo is just too easy to fuck with.

Well THAT seems like a rational response.

Comment

Totally.

Comment

Wheeeeeeee!

Comment

Working...
                                X