Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #6 Preview
    Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artist: Rafa Sandoval

0.00%
    9.09%
    45.45%
    27.27%
    18.18%

Nice looks like a very action filled issue, can't wait. I will say this for this version of Venditti's Hal, he sure isn't navel gazing, I like action Hal.

P.S. Noticed Sinestro's cosmic pajama bottoms, he should have had some yellow bunny slippers too, though I always figured Thaal more of a commando, sleep in the buff type.

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
      Nice looks like a very action filled issue, can't wait. I will say this for this version of Venditti's Hal, he sure isn't navel gazing, I like action Hal.

P.S. Noticed Sinestro's cosmic pajama bottoms, he should have had some yellow bunny slippers too, though I always figured Thaal more of a commando, sleep in the buff type.
      They already "went there" with Guy Gardner after his GL ring ran out of charge.

Which is really, really stupid IMHO. Others have berated Simon Baz about not "trusting fully" in his power ring, when said ring fails about ever 3 issues or so. At a bare minimum every GL needs an environmental suit / space suit before they put the ring on. It doesn't need to be the level of Iron Man or Lex Luthor, but let's have some logical backup, folks!

Comment

^Yeah, I never thought it was that crazy or weak of Baz to carry backup. If anything, you'd think a lot of the veteran GLs could list a whole number of GLs who would still be alive if they had such a thing.

Comment

I dunno. How many situations in which a GL's ring fails them would a handgun really be an effective backup, considering the stuff they face? The ring doesn't usually fail when you are facing standard bank robbers.

Comment

:Moderator:

Love Sinetros yoga pants, gotta be limber if you're going to rule the universe��

Overall a great issue. Classic Hal in fight mode doing what he does best.
            Looking forward to the rest of the GLC showing up, it's going to be like the Sin Corps War part 2.

Poll added.
            Maverick_GL
            Last edited by Maverick_GL; 10-12-2016, 10:22 PM.
            sigpic
            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

A super charged super Sayian Hal vs super charged super Sayian Sinestro, should be cool to watch. Very Goku vs Vegeeta. I am really enjoying this arc, Hal the way I like him, high stakes vs a most worthy foe. I can only hope that the next arc is as good. My favorite rebirth title by far, only All Star Batman, Detective and Superman come close for me. I gave it 3 stars but for me 5 stars is for all time greats, COIE, Great Darkness Saga or the Sinestro Corps War. For me three stars is very enjoyable very good art, very good writing/direction.
              EmeraldGladiator
              Manhunter Repairman
              Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 10-13-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I'm wondering if the Zero Hour Hal is going to show up in this storyline. Would love to see he and Sinestro go at it.

Comment

He's not. And it's better if he didn't

Comment

Originally posted by gambello View Post
                    I'm wondering if the Zero Hour Hal is going to show up in this storyline. Would love to see he and Sinestro go at it.
                    Not this story line but eventually, and when he does, I pray he is written better, than he was the last time

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
                      Not this story line but eventually, and when he does, I pray he is written better, than he was the last time
                      Agreed. But if you look at the cover showing the Phantom Lantern over in GLs, Parallax might show up there soon. It looks like him anyway.
                      "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                      Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                      Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                      who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                      to change the world. This time, Lord...
                      Let me be worthy."

Comment

Doubtful. Parallax isn't showing up guys. Don't get your hopes up.

Comment

Y'know, I love "action Hal" as much as the next guy, but we're six issues in and ... I'd kinda like to see maybe another side of Hal. I mean, he's like the Energizer Bunny - he just barrels along headfirst, pauses for some open-heart surgery, but then keeps rolling along the same as before. I'd like to think Hal's a little more dimensional and maybe has some kind of strategy - you can't be a fighter pilot and not appreciate strategy. I can only hope he's distracting Sinestro with the Big and Loud while Soranik does the sneaky to ensure victory. Otherwise, the whole aside with Soranik was kinda pointless.

Comment

I've really enjoyed this arc but the fight between Hal and Sinestro and the GLC and SC should've started this issue. The buildup has been too long and next issue is already the last of this arc. I'm sure we'll get a fun battle but it will be a quick one. I was hoping this was gonna be a Sinestro Corps War part 2 but it doesn't look like that's what Venditti is going for.
                            Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                              I've really enjoyed this arc but the fight between Hal and Sinestro and the GLC and SC should've started this issue. The buildup has been too long and next issue is already the last of this arc.
                              Yeah. A lot of writers now seem to write a big setup, then wrap it up in a big battle. There's no middle.

Comment

Working...
                              X