No announcement yet.

Outrage of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I ever answer the door and cop shoots me because he's crapping in his pants with fear, I will own him and the department he works for. Or my survivors will. There's no excuse for that.
    Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-04-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
      If I ever answer the door and cop shoots me because he's crapping in his pants with fear, I will own him and the department he works for. Or my survivors will. There's no excuse for that.
      So one night a few years ago, I was home sleeping. It was just me and my son in the house as my wife and daughter were away for the night. About 3am, I wake to the sounds of two male voices outside my window. I live out of town, so there is NO reason for anyone to be walking by my window in the middle of night out in the boonies. I shot up and my immediate thought was, is this it? Are drug addicts breaking into my house? I jumped out of bed and grabbed the keys to my gun cabinet. It was decision time as I only had seconds to arm myself if this was heading that way. Suddenly there was a strong knock at the door.

I don't know what it was, but SOMETHING told me to put my gun cabinet keys down. I think I just realized that crack heads aren't going to knock on my door at 3am with cars in the driveway, they are going to come in the middle of the day when people who work for a living are gone. For whatever reason, I think this decision saved my life.

I answered the door, and there was a swat team of cops on my porch, around my house, and up and down the street. The cop is asking me calmly and slowly to show my hands, and that there has been a call to my house. I showed them my hands and said I was confused but whatever they needed to do was cool. They had me step out on my porch, where they could clearly see me. I had a t shirt and shorts on so that made it easier for them to see I was unarmed.

The police explained to me they got a call that I had...get this...a BLOODY BODY HANGNG FROM AN UPSTAIRS WINDOW. The cop tells me that when they get this call, they have to think a guy has just killed their family and is baiting the cops into a gunfight with the body in the window. At this point I am like, holy fuck, it's just me and my son. My wife and daughter are away, how am I going to prove I didn't pull a nutty and kill them? My son is sleeping, will they scare the shit out of him? Will he get shot because he wakes up and does something to startle them? All this shit is now going through my head. I tell the cop my son is asleep on a recliner in the living room and please don't scare him. And where my wife and daughter are. I'm standing on the porch while the cops search around the outside of my house and go inside, which I gave them permission to do. I told them I completely get how scary this has to be for them every bit as it is for me. The cops are staying calm and seem to get there is SOME kind of misunderstanding.

A cop wakes my son, but he really had to wake him, to make sure he was okay and I wasn't some nut who had done something to him.

When it was over, the cops couldn't apologize enough to me. They felt really bad. They went to the house across the street to the guy who it turned out had actually MADE the call in the first place. It turns out the guy who had recently moved into the upstairs apartment was a drunk. And this night when he looked out his window, my son's light was on in his room and there was...a Spider-Man cardboard cutout display in his room. To this drunk asshat, that Spider-Man display of Spidey swinging on a web in my boy's room with the lights on looked to him like a bloody body hanging up in his window.

So it turns out, I almost died by cop because of a cardboard Spider-Man display I got my son.

To be honest, if I had opened the door holding a gun and got shot, to this day I would not blame the police. They answered the call with the info that they had, and I would totally understand if things went wrong from there. Not their fault.

Comment

• Well, there's your mistake. When they told you to put your hands up, you should have gone for that gun cabinet and your widow could've sued the PD for protecting themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Well, there's your mistake. When they told you to put your hands up, you should have gone for that gun cabinet and your widow could've sued the PD for protecting themselves.
          She still rues the day!

Comment

• Cops today are being tested for psychopathy, sadism and other undesirable traits. And that's great. But they also need to be tested for fear of physical danger. I think that's the biggest problem out there now.

Comment

• Comcast fired 500 despite claiming tax cut would create thousands of jobs
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                Cops today are being tested for psychopathy, sadism and other undesirable traits. And that's great. But they also need to be tested for fear of physical danger. I think that's the biggest problem out there now.
                physical harm as an ever-present fear is something that I'll say MOST members of law enforcement share, and they wouldn't be effective at their jobs if it *weren't* the case.

however the problem (IMO anyways) isn't whether or not theyre fearless, but that ppl seem to think that when the cops are sent to a location thats supposedly been the scene of some violence, its should be handled like as something akin to a nice -n- calm social call & then everything else will work out ok......and Im betting theres a lot of statistics which will show that NOT being the case.

:/

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Man, and here I think the cops have way too little power. If that shit happened here, people would demand the cops´s head on a pike. Careers have ended for less than that.

Just today, a criminal died due to wounds in a shootout with the police in the hospital and the commissioner in charge of the case was made a defendant because people want to investigate what happened and that is standard protocol around here.

Comment

• Austrian president forced to step in after New Year's baby subjected to racist online abuse

Comment

• Really though people, going after a baby.

Comment

• This is so fucked up I don't even know how to describe it.

Comment

• Man, they really eat their own

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather redefines #MeToo movement to be entirely about himself

Comment

• That is so amazingly awesone. I love his answer, it's ironically more real than any of the phony self serving hollywood scumbag hypocrites that are hopping on this train at the moment.

Comment

• :Moderator:

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                                That is so amazingly awesone. I love his answer, it's ironically more real than any of the phony self serving hollywood scumbag hypocrites that are hopping on this train at the moment.

At least he understands how out of touch he is. The whole #MeToo thing is nothing but virtue signalling garbage anyway. I mean, hell, "Me Too" if I want to look at it that way, but I don't like to make light of actual victims by lumping myself in their crowd for the sake of Facebook likes.
                                sigpic
                                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Working...
                                X