Does anyone miss Sodam Yat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone miss Sodam Yat?

Does anyone miss Sodam Yat? I really dug him as an addition to the cast in "Sinestro Corps War" and what they were doing with him and Arisia.

Then all of a sudden... BAM, he was dropped like a bad habit by DC. Some of that I imagine was the New52 (though I guess he was last seen in the last issue of Green Lanterns?), but what a major disservice.
    Yes
    57.14%
    No
    42.86%

I don't know that I miss him specifically, but I miss the general practice of keeping characters around. I feel like supporting cast used to have more endurance, to the extent that even if they didn't show up all the time, you could be confident that they were still out there. These days, if you haven't seen somebody for the last six issues, who KNOWS if they even still exist in continuity?

Comment

I wouldn't mind him returning, but I'm not yearning for it. I miss Soranik more.

Comment

Yeah, there are several other characters I'd rather have returning. When previous writers made it clear that they weren't interested in going in Alan Moore's direction for the character, my interest went down considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
          Yeah, there are several other characters I'd rather have returning. When previous writers made it clear that they weren't interested in going in Alan Moore's direction for the character, my interest went down considerably.
          Yeah, that was my main hook, the Alan Moore stuff. But that could always be an end destination for him... not something that needed to be overly dwelled on throughout the regular comics. But they needed to actually have him still be in the picture.

Trouble is now we've got 6 Earth GLs all vying for time and no room for anybody else. They need to thin the herd.

Comment

Get rid of Baz and Cruz. That should be the number one priority for anyone who gets control of the property. Well, that and keeping Geoff away from it. Then we can talk about finding some camera time for obscure characters like Sodam Yat and Gomorrah Yat.

Comment

No. I've never been interested in this character.
              ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

His story was a very original one. DC has numerous aliens who are part of a small surviving group of superpowered races, but he's the only one who comes to mind as loathing his people's view of the universe. I really enjoyed the story about Tessog because of how dark it was. It didn't pull punches on the effects of xenophobia, nor did it soften Arisia's reaction to it. I'd welcome a new Sodam arc.
                Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I miss Jack Chance and DexStarr and G'Nort more, but he was an interesting character nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dex Starr has been in recent issues of Justice League Odyssey, Bob.

Comment

Sodam Yat was the closest of my own desire of "Superman with a Green Lantern Power Ring", so yes, I do miss Sodam. The old Legion of Super-Heroes had a 3001 storyline with Sodam Yat still with Ion in him, as the Last Guardian. I even liked that version. The way Sodam's own people treated him once he became a Green Lantern was stereotypical, as well. Ruined by Brightest Day as well as the Zardor arc.

Comment

Working...
                      X