The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 09-08-2019, 04:10 AM   #3726
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Late last night a couple buddies did me some solids and helped me complete an old quest to unlock an exotic (Sturm hand cannon) and then carried me through the Will of the Thousands nightfall, earning over 100k points so that I could get an emblem (though there are several variants, of course, and I only got the basic).

Just now completed the Polaris Lance quest and will eventually complete its masterwork. Still working to get Redrix's Broadsword (only have ~10/75 double kills). Also attempting to knock out as many planetary bounties as possible so that I can knock out those triumphs, particularly acquiring the various bits of armor and weapons. I'm guessing the Crucible collection's unknown entry is either Redrix's Broadsword or some unknown gun, because aside from that and the Fireforged Valor emblem my Hunter's set there is almost complete (Warlock and Titan both have a little ways to go).
Old 09-09-2019, 01:15 AM   #3727
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Spent the day grinding planetary bounties and Crucible, trying to get into a good position within the game and to get some more armor/weapons for my alt characters. Managed to do all three weekly Crucible challenges (play 5 matches, per character), but my Warlock game is off and my Titan was abysmal, and I got matched against some very dangerous players using very dangerous weapons (fucking Recluse, various shotguns, and fusions).

I don't know if it's become common practice in this game to invite players who were on the opposite team into your clan, but it's been happening lately to me (twice today, in fact, and a couple times before that). I cannot immediately discern why because only my Hunter wasn't getting slaughtered, so it's not like I was impressing anyone. I'm pretty sure Destiny 2's clans don't allow for clan-hopping like Division 2 does, but hell if I know why attention is being wasted upon me.

I need to set aside money for Forsaken/Shadowkeep so that I can catch up on the stories and get all the emblems and guns and whatnot that catch my eye.

Also popped in Division 1 and managed to extract a few things, but I'm only at 503/1500 so that's a long walk to go.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:03 AM   #3728
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

I think it's just so rare to see someone who isn't in a clan, that people are just offering their hand to help what they assume is a new player. Bigger clans in particular tend to do that, I've noticed, or at least one of the ones I used to be in did that sort of thing often.

Anyway, I managed to get the Revoker today, after way too much Competitive Crucible, and thus got my code for the MMXIX T-Shirt. I was expecting it to be $10-20 but it's $30, so I'm sadly not sure I can justify it... would be kind of a waste if I didn't though, after all the work I put into earning it, but such as it is.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #3729
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Yeah, I never ordered my Destiny 1 shirt even though I earned enough unlocks to get it (though I never beat Heroic Oryx). I could have afforded it at the $30 they were charging, but I didn't like the design much and a shirt isn't necessary to remember all the good times I had. Besides, if I buy a Destiny shirt, it'll be a much-less-expensive Future War Cult one.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:32 PM   #3730
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

The brown and gold design of this one is nice, but I'm just not sure if it's $30 nice. Also, now that you mention it, I kinda wanna see if I can just find a cheap New Monarchy shirt, instead, lol. Man, I miss the faction rallies. I still don't understand why they took them out of event rotation. The New Monarchy armor ornament set is still my favorite outfit design to this day.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:31 AM   #3731
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Faction rallies needed to be one-week and once-a-month with players able to join the factions anytime, switching once a week if they chose just like in D1. Then have a single week where you have exclusive weapons, sparrows, ships, whatever. Only allowing players to join and receive rewards from their favorite groups during rallies was never a good idea.

I'm also kind of sad to see ornaments for gear apparently are no longer around, because I like seeing optional variants for the standard-issue stuff.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:51 AM   #3732
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Supposedly ornaments are going to be universal after the Armor 2.0 update with Shadowkeep, so hopefully we'll be able to use our faction ornaments over the new armor to have the great stat options and the look we want, but I'm not 100% sure how it'll work.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:54 AM   #3733
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Actually, that'll be pretty good if true.

I also just realized, we still have Rahool but engrams automatically decrypt. I picked up a legendary engram from the Postmaster and it decrypted as I did so. Ergo, the Cryptarch serves no purpose in this game now. Ergo, we have two Amanda Hollidays.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:55 AM   #3734
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

You still have to take Prime Engrams to Rahool, but yeah. Ikora is pretty worthless since they moved the Heroic Missions to the Vanguard playlist section, too, and of course all the Faction reps do nothing now. It's all pretty sad, really, but hopefully with Activision no longer in the equation, Bungie will bring some of this stuff back once Shadowkeep hits.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:14 AM   #3735
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So with Moments of Triumph ending Sep 17, I know I won't be getting any special rewards in time because I'm not getting Forsaken anytime soon. No special title, those collection cards all locked as well (except for literally one card I did complete a requirement of but I need Forsaken to claim it, so...). I also was carried through last week's Xol nightfall but that doesn't seem to count for the community challenge emblem, so I'm SOL there too.

Redrix's Broadsword is a country mile away so I won't get that in the near future either. Looks like taking time off from the game and waiting for the content to improve was NOT a decision compatible with the cyclical nature of the game's content. (And replaying the Osiris strikes reminded me how horrible the writing was, being browbeaten about how incompetent and arrogant Osiris and Sagira are).

But I somehow just got the Unbroken Valor (max streak) triumph a second ago, so a small consolation tonight.

edit -- shit, almost forgot: did they get rid of planetary vendor tokens? Because I only have the leftovers from when I used to play and there are a few emblems I still want to unlock that require leveling up with the vendors.

Last edited by Agent Purple; 09-11-2019 at 02:03 AM.
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 03:07 AM   #3736
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
and there are a few emblems I still want to unlock that require leveling up with the vendors.
Cashed in a shitload of Io tokens to Asher, got the Holy Ground emblem I was after from him. One problem solved.

Now I need to do two of the nightfall missions (specifically Inverted Spire and Garden World), because I both need their emblems and to finish the quest to get the Oxygen scout rifle (allegedly it sucks ass, but I might not be able to get it after reset in a few days, and nightfalls advance the quest's progress the most because I am not doing 40 fucking strikes).

Division 1 -- been focusing mostly on getting Dark Zone extracts, up from 488 to 533, and I'm calling it a night there.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:17 AM   #3737
Space Cop
The Dandy

I've been replaying Hitman: Season One (because I can't afford the DLC or Season 2 yet) and trying to unlock all challenges on Professional mode. Silent Assassin, Suit Only with only one save is insanely tricky in some of these levels.

Last edited by Space Cop; 09-14-2019 at 03:20 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 03:28 AM   #3738
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

And you insist you aren't a hardcore gamer. Liar.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:36 AM   #3739
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
And you insist you aren't a hardcore gamer. Liar.
You may be right at least as far as time and energy put in, but I'm not a good gamer. Hitman is one of my better series and these kind of challenges take me several tries, often even after looking up hints.

I go through gaming moods, where I might not play anything for weeks, but then get into something and will spend a couple hours a day on it.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:37 AM   #3740
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So I completed my 50th bounty from Zavala for doing Destiny 2 strikes.

Can't claim the node in the triumph book. I was able to get the node for doing 30 bounties on Io for Asher, but I'm not allowed to claim the strike bounties node? Are you fucking kidding me, Bungie?

More and more, it becomes clear that leaving this game should either have been a permanent move or not have happened at all.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:46 AM   #3741
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Division 1 --- managed a few more 9-item extracts, nearly to 550. I got a little nostalgic and did a couple open-world boss runs, nuking most of the roaming bosses with my Tactician build but not going after all of them (a couple are a pain to get to so I just went after the easy ones to save effort and time). I just need to keep focusing on the DZ and I'll get there sooner than later.

Destiny 2 --- since Triumphs end on Tuesday, there's no chance in hell I'll get many more unlocked. I sure as shit am not getting Redrix's Broadsword nor am I resetting my valor four more times (I think I'm only on mythic II or III right now after first reset), so I won't be getting those triumphs and unless valor doesn't reset until Shadowkeep launches, then I won't be able to make use of the boost coming soon. Only good thing is that I'm almost done the Oxygen scout rifle quest, though I need to do two of the nightfalls tomorrow if possible so that I can grab their emblems at the same time.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:30 AM   #3742
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I did it. I finally fucking completed the quest for the worst pinnacle weapon in Destiny 2. I now have a completely useless scout rifle to stash away forever. Huzzah.

Also, I was checking my triumphs and I noticed something pretty fucking weird.

I got credit for killing a boss in the Menagerie.

I have never touched that game mode. I am not certain it was even released before I quit the game at the end of year one. I cannot explain why I randomly have credit for something I never did.

Also, I'm hoping that even though triumphs end tomorrow, collections don't, because I'd like to unlock the Crucible collection card on the collections page, I'm relatively close (just missing an emblem and Redrix's Broadsword).
Old 09-19-2019, 01:59 AM   #3743
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So I just messed around in Division 1's Dark Zone, originally intending to clear some landmarks and random elite foes but then I saw rogues were starting a war nearby, so I decided to try my luck getting some experience off them. After all, it would take a lot longer to get from DZ rank 22 to 30 if I ignored them.

Got slaughtered over and over by optimized PVP builds in a full 4-man squad, even with a few random players helping out. My explosives did a little damage and I did get some money from a couple kills, and I did reach rank 28. If I can manage this a little bit more, then I can have a second character able to purchase DZ items without having to rely entirely on my main toon.

Destiny 2 --- THANK FUCKING GOD for boosted valor! I managed to get my second in-season reset today and I'm nearly at my third already. If I can get in enough grind time this weekend, then I may actually be able to get five resets in before the triumphs are locked away. Actually, I'd heard that Sep 17 was when Bungie would lock the triumphs because they had already extended them to yesterday, but I can still progress and even claim some of mine so I guess either me not having all the content lets me do so somehow or (more likely) that date is wrong. I mean, Taken King's triumphs didn't seal until Rise of Iron launched, they were open up to the reset, so it makes sense that Bungie would continue the trend.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:55 AM   #3744
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...2_patch_notes/

God! Damn! A lot of these are good, but holy shit, I cannot imagine how out-of-hand things will be if they actually implement the "no talent stacking" that seems to be going on here. I was looking forward to messing around with my explosive build when I had time, but if they really do go ahead with this, it's going to invalidate a metric shitload of players' builds.

And it sucks that the P416 is getting nerfed because I fucking love that gun. Buffing the other ARs is needed, especially the Carbine 7 and F2000, but the FAMAS is being ignored here (maybe needs a damage buff, definitely needs the ability to add a magazine mod) and knocking down the P416 (both Military and Custom) is going to dampen a lot of players' attitudes.

I do like that the Shepherd system is being improved to automatically endorse shepherds.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:13 AM   #3745
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

I'm playing the fuck out of some Playstation 4 VR. Creed VR is awesome and exhausting. You really feel like you're beating muthafuckas up.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:42 AM   #3746
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Link's Awakening HD is super cute, and the combination between the tilt-shift art style and the out-of-tune music box sound is charming as hell, but don't let that fool you. Hero Mode is brutally hard. Every enemy does double damage, but what really does you in is the absence of any hearts to replenish your health. Kill an enemy, nothing. Mow the lawn, nothing. Sprinkle magic powder over an anti-fairy, insta-kill, but it doesn't transform into a healing fairy like it usually does. You can buy three hearts at the store in the village, but good luck keeping those hearts on the way to a dungeon. And while Crazy Tracy's medicine will revive you once, it's hard enough to get to a dungeon boss, much less kill them.
I've beaten the first three dungeons, and I know it's getting harder from here. And it's awesome.
Michael Heide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:46 AM   #3747
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Finally!!! I now have full sets of each class's Crucible armor. Shaxx, being a stingy motherfucker, absolutely refused to drop the Titan helmet despite me getting probably 20+ packages from him. At least I reset my valor for the third time, but I didn't get the one valor emblem, so it looks like I do need the other two resets (but the boost is 2x valor right now, and on Tuesday it will go to 3x valor, so I know I can get the job done).

All of this Titan Crucible armor looks so sexy in New Monarchy Diamonds that it's outright illegal.

Also, fuck Saladin and his shitty RNG. My Warlock needs Iron Banner robes and my Hunter needs the helmet and chest, but this asshole is hoarding all the armor for himself and only giving out guns. At least I have tomorrow off and Monday evening to try and get them because this drop rate is total bullshit.

I can't even be bothered to do the weekly invasions in Division 2 nowadays. I can't remember the last time I cleared Tidal Basin on Hard mode. I still want the BTSU Gloves, because they're both incredibly useful and beautiful to look at, but the loot issues and the impending update make it difficult to find the motivation to do the same old things again. That, and some idiot chased me down and killed me while I was doing a harmless thief-rogue run recently. I didn't try to fight back but he didn't leave me be, and then I learned that hacked terminals don't reset immediately, so my usual pathway was not possible.

I should play around with my explosive build before it maybe becomes useless.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:12 PM   #3748
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Saladin only drops armor based on what you've earned from his armor quest line. I know it's stupid, and some of the steps are near impossible for certain builds, but that's how it worked this season. The armor pieces just aren't included in engrams until they've been unlocked.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #3749
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

That is utterly fucking stupid. Guess I'm never getting anything else from this mode. Terrible fucking decision on Bungie's part.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:54 PM   #3750
Space Cop
The Dandy

This was kind of fun. Movie Liu Kang and Johnny Cage play Mortal Kombat II (and talk about the legacy of the film):

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.