The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 10-24-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Send a message via MSN to methos Send a message via Skype™ to methos
Default how would you do it?

ok, bit of a weird question...

put yourself in the shoes of the SFX department... how do you do the GL Ring Constructs?

do you have them transparent green just 'floating'?

or do you have them connected to the ring by a thread?

or some other method?

M
Old 10-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
Satyrquaze

I think it would depend on the 'permanacy' or general toughness of the construct in question or if the ring bearer is continuing to pump power into the construct.

"Soft" constructs that are only being used briefly (i.e. like a comic book panel or so) should be connected to the ring by a visable beam. An example of this would be Hal's boxing gloves. Some "Hard" items should also be connected by a beam, such as a force-cage or anything much larger than is normal.

On the other hand, more durable (or "Hard") constructs such as Kyle's giant manga robots, John's sniper rifle would not need to be connected as all the power that was required in their construction was put into them then and there, they don't need anymore.

By and large, I've noticed that GL constructs tend to only exist as long as the bearer concentrates upon them. By contrast, a guy in Marvel comics who used to do the same thing but in yellow, and his contructs would stick around until destroyed or until he summoned the power back.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:31 AM   #3
Tons T
Alpha-Lantern

constructs.... remember Return of the King? the mountain people?... i want it just like that
Old 10-31-2007, 06:38 AM   #4
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

I would have a connecting beam to all constructs that are beyond physical contact with the GL, like a moving object/cage/animal etc. Things such as swords, guns, shields would not need connecting beam, as the GL is holding/wearing them.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote