The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 07-12-2007, 02:44 AM   #1
GLJIMT

Default New Movie Rumor

Ok, This is 100% rumor I have not found it anywhere it was told to my wife by one of the LCS owners in my area while she was shopping for an anniversry present for me (5 years on Friday the 13th!)

According to this source due to the success of Rise of the Silver Surfer DC & Warner Brothers have fast-tracked a GL movie and it should be announced soon.

Anybody have any more info or heard anything on this? If there are any NDA's in effect a simple.

"Yes I have heard" might do.
II THESSALONIANS 3:10

GLJIMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:35 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

WB doesn't seem to fast-track anything so far as its superhero movies go... so probably this one is coming off the everpresent fanboy rumor mill.

But you never know. I can see how something like F4 is of a vaguely similar vein as something like GL, though not quite, so as to have WB folks taking notes of its box office.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
conn

I believe it's a rumor.I read that in "The Hollywood Reporter" that Fox has greenlit a Silver Surfer spin off,but a 3rd FF film may not happen due to the 66% drop the 2nd weekend.Bottom line,overall FF2 wasn't a bomb,but it wasn't a hit either.

On a side note,in the newest issue of Wizard,they have an interview with (blanking on his name) who is a producer on the film "Shoot 'em up" for New Line but now works for Fox.Anyhee,he said that while he was working for New Line(owned by Warner Bros) he was trying to greenlight a Green Lantern trilogy Honestly,i feel that one day we will have a trilogy.I just have a gut feeling----wait,thats last night's dinner.Gotta go!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #4
HalFingJordan

Rumor rubbish but interesting.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
raynersraider

I think Andrew is right when he says that WB moves at a glacial pace. Look at how long it took them just to decide on the directions of Bats and Supes, their flagship characters. Meanwhile, Marvel's cranking out so many movies that second-stringers like Ghost Rider have made it to the big screen.

And I hope that WB has learned its lesson on how not to make superhero movies after the Catwoman debacle. I happened to run across "Batman & Robin" during my lunch break today and was reminded why it was the worst movie of all time. A GL movie would be nice, but it would have to be done RIGHT.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:51 AM   #6
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynersraider View Post
I think Andrew is right when he says that WB moves at a glacial pace. Look at how long it took them just to decide on the directions of Bats and Supes, their flagship characters. Meanwhile, Marvel's cranking out so many movies that second-stringers like Ghost Rider have made it to the big screen.

And I hope that WB has learned its lesson on how not to make superhero movies after the Catwoman debacle. I happened to run across "Batman & Robin" during my lunch break today and was reminded why it was the worst movie of all time. A GL movie would be nice, but it would have to be done RIGHT.
In all fairness the Marvel Movie Phenom started with a third or poss fourth string character in BLADE

WB just doesnt understand this genre..... We where going to have Superman Vs Batman at one point....Why?...... Because of AVP thats the only reason I could think of.

The best thing to do would be follow Marvels pattern of success to a fucking T

Start with an unknown character, Something kinda cool that could have just been an action movie and not a comic movie. Perhaps the Origninal Challengers of the Unknown (Blade)

Then move up to Teen Titans (X-men, FF)

Then we move into the big names other then Sups and Bats So WonderWoman & The Flash (Spiderman , Hulk)

so on and so forth my friends Until the holy grail Green Lantern

Old 07-13-2007, 02:59 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Superman vs. Batman might have actually been interesting, though the time it was being developed at was bizarre -- when no Batman or Superman movies had been made since Batman Forever and Superman IV and both could easily be relaunched independently. I think Wolfgang Petersen was giving a pitch about this one back in the day.

In the end it probably would have become a "World's Finest" movie, which I don't know many people that wouldn't welcome if done properly.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:02 AM   #8
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Superman vs. Batman might have actually been interesting, though the time it was being developed at was bizarre -- when no Batman or Superman movies had been made since Batman Forever and Superman IV and both could easily be relaunched independently. I think Wolfgang Petersen was giving a pitch about this one back in the day.

In the end it probably would have become a "World's Finest" movie, which I don't know many people that wouldn't welcome if done properly.
Now see a Worlds Finest done right would have been good but Sups Vs Bats Not so good IMHO

Old 07-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #9
Green_Lantern #052

Dear WB,
Please don't fuck up the green lantern movie. Id rather no Green Lantern Movie is released then a shitty Green Lantern move. I'm begging you. If you did it right, it could be even better then Spider-Man. But if you mess up ; ;, Im gonna have to call Machete
Old 07-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #10
Lord Malvolio
Corps Honor Guard

Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Malvolio

A GL movie will be something IF done correctly. It could be Men in Black meet Top Gun with a little Star Wars thrown in for seasoning.

Movie One: The obligatory origin movie with Hal as Test pilot (lot's of cool jet scenes in beginning, to get the heart pumping!) followed by Abin Sur's ship crashing to Earth and his ring seeking out Hal whilst in his simulator. Second half of movie is Hal learning the ropes as it were, with "dreams" of Kilowog instructing him on how to use the ring. Soon, Sinestro, a former member of the Corps appears, looking for Abin Sur, and encounters Hal instead. Demanding the ring, Hal refuses and a fight ensues. We get terrific dialogue and actions/fight scenes in this part. The obligatory ring-runs-out-of-charge, and it is up to Hal to beat Sinestro using his wit and skills as a pilot!

Movie Two: would envolve the Corps, perhaps a GL vs. Sinestro Corps movie!

Lord Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:38 AM   #11
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

dude, this movie WILL be made. and the flash movie and maybe a JLA movieb(if they do it right.) it may take 5 or 10 years, but i can wait....

is it out yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:45 AM   #12
Green_Lantern #052

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhan View Post
dude, this movie WILL be made. and the flash movie and maybe a JLA movieb(if they do it right.) it may take 5 or 10 years, but i can wait....

is it out yet?