The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 08-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #26
Parrylakks
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Parrylakks

If they make the movie about John Stewart and his origins, at least be knowledgable enough to have Hal be his trainer and basically his role model. I could live with that. Its not what I'd want, but I could live with it.
Parrylakks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:40 AM   #27
Lord Malvolio
Corps Honor Guard

Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Malvolio

Ugh, if they use John Stewart and hire either Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, one of the Wayans, Will Smith or some Rapper turn actor, I will personally fly to Hollywood and burn it to the ground!

"Ah Hell No!"

On the other hand, if they get Denzil Washington to play John, then I will see it!

But really, it should be about Hal. He has the best origin, best job (come on: test pilot? That would kill the first half of the movie just showing cool aircraft moves!)

Last edited by Lord Malvolio; 08-08-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Lord Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:59 AM   #28
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
Ugh, if they use John Stewart and hire either Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, one of the Wayans, Will Smith or some Rapper turn actor, I will personally fly to Hollywood and burn it to the ground!

"Ah Hell No!"

On the other hand, if they get Denzil Washington to play John, then I will see it!

But really, it should be about Hal. He has the best origin, best job (come on: test pilot? That would kill the first half of the movie just showing cool aircraft moves!)
the guy who is pitching it Corey Reynolds is an actor and wants the part
II THESSALONIANS 3:10

GLJIMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:00 AM   #29
Parrylakks
Banned

A Hal Jordan movie would be the smartest move, anyway. JLU has run its course, and Hal is the man again (and finally for the animation). He's in the Batman and the new animated film... I don't think even WB is dumb enough to not make a Hal Jordan movie as the first GL flick.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:59 PM   #30
Grundy
Green Lantern

A Green Lantern movie definetly needs to start with Hal I would like to see some introduction to the Corps and the Gardians in the movie though. maybe Hal could be called to OA at some point in the movie for a breifing for a mission or something along those lines.
Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #31
EmeraldGamer
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cormier View Post
I agree with that. I've always pictured GL done right as a very epic trilogy like the two you mentioned. I like the idea of the trilogy starting out small and based on Earth, but building up to a huge finale involving outer space and lots of planets.

The first one would be the origin/becoming a hero story with Hal Jordan. He wouldn't come into contact with any other alien GLs or Guardians other than Abin Sur aside from the villain. I'd make Sinestro the mastermind pulling the strings, but not actually fight Hal. He'd have someone else do his dirty work for him, and would be like Darth Sideous. The end would give viewers a hint that there's something much larger going on (like the end of Predator 2).

The second movie would be Hal getting inducted into the Corps and meeting all these strange and wonderful aliens on Oa. He'd team up with another veteran GL for his training, and befriend him. Of course, by the end of the movie Sinestro would personally kill that GL and make it personal to Hal. It could be Tomar Re, Killowog, Arkkiss Chummuck, or Katma Tui. It would HAVE to end with a cliffhanger ending igniting a galactic war that threatens the entire GLC and the universe. As a fan of ESB, I'm completely cool with making it end on a down note, where it looks like everyone's f*cked.

The third and final movie would be a balls to the wall battle where all the principle characters' stories from the first two movies come full circle. Hal would live up to his potential and be the GL he was meant to be. Oa, the Corps and the universe would be saved, and Sinestro apparently killed while his forces (Qwardian Thunderers, Shadow Demons, yellow rings or whatever) were destroyed.

I honetly wouldn't even introduce Kyle, John or Guy, unless the story needed a friend of Hal's to die for dramatic effect (the guy that tries valantly to fill Hal's boots while he is injured or something). Or maybe tease the viewers into thinking his backup was going to die, but they pull through anyway. Alan's version of the rings wouldn't exist in the movies. I'd keep Carol as Hal's primary love interest, though I'd have him have an interest in an alien GL like Katma Tui or Arisia (fully aged from the get go). No JLA, Earth 2, or any of that. The only supervillains would be in the first and maybe in the second movie. The third one would be all around the universe and focus on the Corps.

And Jack Black wouldn't have a f*cking thing to do with it.
Now that would be a very cool trilogy movie for GL. All u would need to worry about would be a good director and good acting from the actors.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #32
Satyrquaze

Emerald Dawn would make an excellent first movie.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyrquaze View Post
Emerald Dawn would make an excellent first movie.
Ideally, a combination of the events of Emerald Dawn I and II -- you need to have that Sinestro/Korugar stuff in there.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #34
Satyrquaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Ideally, a combination of the events of Emerald Dawn I and II -- you need to have that Sinestro/Korugar stuff in there.
Yeah, gotta have a prison montage.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:24 PM   #35
Parrylakks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyrquaze View Post
Yeah, gotta have a prison montage.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 AM   #36
Tons T
Alpha-Lantern

its ok for me to have Jack Black in a GL movie, but he has to be an alien, and his should be blown off after 2 seconds of screen time
Old 09-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #37
genesistorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tons T View Post
its ok for me to have Jack Black in a GL movie, but he has to be an alien, and his should be blown off after 2 seconds of screen time
lol
Old 09-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #38
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

The Rock stated he would love to play green lantern
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:40 PM   #39
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
But name one Marvel movie pre-Blade that was any good?

I dont like the idea of it being John either, but I liked the JL epidose of Smallville, its the only one I've watched though. As I dont really care about Clark
I really like the old Punisher movie with Dolph Lundgren. I think it's better than the new one.

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...read.php?t=939
Gonza2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:41 PM   #40
genesistorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlantern View Post
The Rock stated he would love to play green lantern
Maybe a pumped up Sodam Yat?
Because I can't picture him like Hal or Kyle..
Old 09-25-2007, 09:42 PM   #41
genesistorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonza2814 View Post
I really like the old Punisher movie with Dolph Lundgren. I think it's better than the new one.
I've heard that a lot..
Maybe I'll watch it some day, given I've only watched the new one..