The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 13,567
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
I was under the impression that the JLA was going to be used as a launch pad for the solos.
Yeah, but maybe for -- in GL's case -- more the idea of GL than the GL we'll actually see in the solo feature? And John could still be involved in the GL movie without being the starring GL, in any case.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:41 AM   #27
GLJIMT
Moderator
 
GLJIMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 7,200
Blog Entries: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesistorm View Post
I concord, Dr. James!
And I'm a bigger Kyle fan then Hal fan - but I still want Hal as the first GL in a movie
__________________
II THESSALONIANS 3:10

GLJIMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:14 AM   #28
lanternut
Alpha-Lantern
 
lanternut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,156
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via MSN to lanternut
Default

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=130630

Did Hollywood learn nothing from Catwoman?! Without Routh and Bale and NO GL?!

Fantastic Four II anyone?
lanternut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:18 AM   #29
GLJIMT
Moderator
 
GLJIMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 7,200
Blog Entries: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanternut View Post
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=130630

Did Hollywood learn nothing from Catwoman?! Without Routh and Bale and NO GL?!

Fantastic Four II anyone?
FF2 ? - I loved it, read the casting announcement theres more then just those

Also I dont think Beil has the right build for WW - you need some one with a little "formed-bulk" she is an amazon after all (Jerry Ryan is my pick BTW)
__________________
II THESSALONIANS 3:10


Last edited by GLJIMT; 09-25-2007 at 04:21 AM.
GLJIMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:35 AM   #30
Nived
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You know people keep bringing up Catwoman, it amuses me, because I don't think its the worst. People have burried and forgotten the worst.

Shaqueal O'Neal as Steel.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:50 AM   #31
PowerRingE3
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nived View Post
Shaqueal O'Neal as Steel.
and we have a winner. Ladies and Gentlemen the number 1 worst comicbook movie of ALL TIME.

#2. Catwoman
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:34 AM   #32
genesistorm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
And I'm a bigger Kyle fan then Hal fan - but I still want Hal as the first GL in a movie
If there is a movie. GL has to be, at least in the beginning, Hal Jordan.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #33
genesistorm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nived View Post
Shaqueal O'Neal as Steel.
Is this the "let's bring back the terrible past" thread?
I think I'm gonna be sick...




Last edited by genesistorm; 09-25-2007 at 10:47 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:00 PM   #34
raynersraider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wait a minute, that newsarama link doesn't even mention GL. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it mentions freaking Aquaman, and no GL.

It did mention they're trying to cram this through before the strike. Has GL been cut for the sake of quickness?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:43 PM   #35
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 15,695
Default

I think if they're going to go through with this movie, a smart thing to do would be to keep the roster down to 5 or 6 heroes for the movie. Any more than that, and it'll be a clusterfuck that can collapse under it's own weight.

All the JLA needs to legitimately call itself the JLA are Supes, Bats, WW, GL, and the Flash. Those core five are pretty essential. Anyone else (and this includes Aquaman and Martian Manhunter) are just window dressing. One really smart thing they had going for the first X Men movie was that they kept it very simple, and it worked great. The JLA movie should learn from that lesson.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:35 PM   #36
genesistorm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cormier View Post
I think if they're going to go through with this movie, a smart thing to do would be to keep the roster down to 5 or 6 heroes for the movie. Any more than that, and it'll be a clusterfuck that can collapse under it's own weight.

All the JLA needs to legitimately call itself the JLA are Supes, Bats, WW, GL, and the Flash. Those core five are pretty essential. Anyone else (and this includes Aquaman and Martian Manhunter) are just window dressing. One really smart thing they had going for the first X Men movie was that they kept it very simple, and it worked great. The JLA movie should learn from that lesson.
I totally agree, Dave.. I'd still include Aquaman into a JLA movie, but it's true it should be a low number of characters..
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #37
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!
 
Superlantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 5,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nived View Post
You know people keep bringing up Catwoman, it amuses me, because I don't think its the worst. People have burried and forgotten the worst.

Shaqueal O'Neal as Steel.
no one remembers the crapfest that was batman and robin..... someone please tell me why the batsuit had nipples? and george clooney?

Last edited by Superlantern; 09-25-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:20 PM   #38
raynersraider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlantern View Post
no one remembers the crapfest that was batman and robin..... someone please tell me why the batsuit had nipples? and george clooney?
Dammit! I had just managed to successfully repress that one from my memory. And here it comes again, with Ah-nold and his fuzzy slippers. Dammit!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:53 PM   #39
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!
 
Superlantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 5,343
Default

a laundry service that delivers!!!!!!!
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:58 PM   #40
zhivago
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The thing that bothers me is that when it comes to choosing GL for the medium other than comics the only thing that matters is the color of skin or gender. Not the origin story (and we all know who has the best origin story), character history or rogue gallery. That's the only reason why Aquaman was replaced with Zatanna in the Justice League video game. I guess the Batman (cartoon show) is one noteworthy exemption (Hawkman & Hal Jordan)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:12 PM   #41
genesistorm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlantern View Post
no one remembers the crapfest that was batman and robin..... someone please tell me why the batsuit had nipples? and george clooney?
A cold shiver ran down my spine..
This thread keeps making me sick, sick, sick

Yeah, there were nipples there.
the goddamn batman had goddamn nipples..
and everything was pink and green, I remember that.. Burton's movies were all black, this 2 last movies were all green and pink..
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:12 PM   #42
genesistorm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhivago View Post
(and we all know who has the best origin story)

Hell yeah!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:05 PM   #43
GLC2814.4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynersraider View Post
Catwoman is still too fresh in my mind.
Oooh, that shit was on one of the movie channels the other night, almost smashed the tv or gouged out my eyeballs until I found the remote...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:14 PM   #44
genesistorm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLC2814.4 View Post
Oooh, that shit was on one of the movie channels the other night, almost smashed the tv or gouged out my eyeballs until I found the remote...
lol!!
yeah, it was on tv here in argentina too..
it was funny, 'cause I was with my little cousin and he wanted to see it..
and he told me, "I thought you like this stuff", and I looked at him like saying: "You'll get me when you grow up"..
for the moment, I changed the channel and spared him an hour and a half of his life..
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:40 PM   #45
zhivago
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What Catwoman are you talking about? The only recent (not counting the Batman 60s TV show) Catwoman I know is Michelle Pfeiffer and that was a great incarnation of the character.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:44 PM   #46
Nived
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You mean you don't know? A few years back they made a Halle Barry Catwoman.

It was bad, she had cat based superpowers and... well no respemblance to the comics whatsoever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catwoman_(film)

Last edited by Nived; 09-26-2007 at 12:30 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #47
zhivago
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Halle Barry as a Catwoman with supernatural powers? Never happened. The last Catwoman was a hot blonde dressed in leather. Don't believe everything you read on net. And wikipedia is not so reliable source of information.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:59 PM   #48
Nived
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

De Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

It exists! Along with the JLA TV series Pilot! Shaq's Steel! Joel Schumacher!

Forget not the past or we'll be doomed to repeat it you fool!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:23 AM   #49
zhivago
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nived View Post
De Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

It exists! Along with the JLA TV series Pilot! Shaq's Steel! Joel Schumacher!

Forget not the past or we'll be doomed to repeat it you fool!
Of course the JLA pilot exists. Who could ever forget Guy Gardner's only out of comics appearance? Steel is good for a laugh. And Joel is that man responsible for bringing back that Batman 60s tv show POW feeling into full length, blockbuster movies.
But Catwoman? No proof that it was anything than maybe a fan movie. If it even exists.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:29 AM   #50
Nived
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhivago View Post
Of course the JLA pilot exists. Who could ever forget Guy Gardner's only out of comics appearance? Steel is good for a laugh. And Joel is that man responsible for bringing back that Batman 60s tv show POW feeling into full length, blockbuster movies.
But Catwoman? No proof that it was anything than maybe a fan movie. If it even exists.....
http://wwws.warnerbros.co.uk/movies/catwoman/
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.