Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the red and blue states split up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the red and blue states split up?

I don't think this is such a controversial question that it belongs in Qward. Anyway, what do you think?

I say yes, and that afterward the blue states should look at joining with the Canadian provinces to form a new country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesusl...usland_map.svg
    Yes
    20.00%
    No
    70.00%
    Unsure
    10.00%
    No opinion
    0.00%

What happens to swing states? Do they get one suspiciously gerrymandered election, and then they'll have to live with the result, Brexit-style? What happens if they change their minds back to the other party? What happens to a state surrounded by states that voted for the other guys? Will it be a landlocked island, like West Berlin before 1989?

Comment

A state can vote to do whatever it wants to do. If you click on that map, you'll see that the red states and the blue states and blue provinces are contiguous.

Anybody who watched that impeachment "debate" yesterday could see that the red and blue states belong in different countries. They've moved too far apart to work together any longer, so there's simply no reason for them to stay together. It's time for a divorce.

Then the red states could outlaw abortion, criminalize homosexuality, shoot to kill people who cross illegally at the Mexican border, put the homeless in concentration camps, ban any taxation on millionaires and billionaires, make Christianity the state religion, make Israel a state (even though it's not Christian), invade North Korea and Iran, give their president unlimited power, and do anything else they want to do without interference.
      Trey Strain
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-19-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Barf.

Comment

I don't know if it would solve much.

Comment

To be fair, the blue states would then decriminalize illegal immigration, tax white people to pay reparations to black people, spend most of their GNP to "fight climate change," enact ethnic and gender quota laws for filling all jobs, and outlaw free speech.

Both countries would be intolerable to live in, so you'd have to decide which one would be the least intolerable.
            Trey Strain
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-19-2019, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I certainly can't think of any examples where splitting the country in half over ideological differences went wrong...

Comment

No, but it would be interesting to see the Republican dystopian dream come to life, so we can see why modern conservatism is a flop. Wouldn't be far off from a middle eastern country TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                  No, but it would be interesting to see the Republican dystopian dream come to life, so we can see why modern conservatism is a flop. Wouldn't be far off from a middle eastern country TBH.
                  It's already come to life -- at least where the triumph of the super-wealthy is concerned. The Republicans and many Democrats wanted to see a neo-feudalism established, and it has been.

But you're right. If the red states broke away, and the outlandish laws that the red state legislatures keep passing were allowed to stand, the people in those states would rise up and rebel against them.
                  Trey Strain
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-20-2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I don't know what the benefit of such a split would be, but if any split were to happen, I'm pretty sure Utah would opt to become an independent nation, and probably rope Idaho and parts of Wyoming, Colorado, and Arizona into joining them, before changing its name to Deseret.
                    Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                      I don't know what the benefit of such a split would be, but if any split were to happen, I'm pretty sure Utah would opt to become an independent nation, and probably rope Idaho and parts of Wyoming, Colorado, and Arizona into joining them, before changing its name to Deseret.
                      Well, for example, the blue states wouldn't now have Trump as their president.

I dunno about Utah. Many would find Jesusland a pretty attractive name. Even Mormons would.

Comment

Eventually everyone will get tired of constantly fighting battles like this. The states that keep passing bills like this should have their own country, where they can pass them without interference.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/am...AXU?li=BBnbfcL

Comment

I agree. The red states and the blue states need a divorce.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-not-uni...121003386.html

Comment

no because we need each other (b/s talk like this is only coming around now cause the Dems know our dear leader is gonna win come November)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

No but i think congress for both parties Should get two term limits just like the president. No to a forever job where a lot of these people held power for 40 years. Secondly im against mail in voting because lets be honest lazy people become mail carriers and give you the wrong mail. Last thing i want is for my ballot to be lost. States should not allow additional time to count ballots after the election. Fuck that shit if anything start the presidential voting from September 3 till oct 3 gives them a month to count everything that way come November 3 everybody wont be bitching about this or that many are or were missing. Also we aint canada so why be like them?
                              TazzMission
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by TazzMission; 09-19-2020, 01:49 AM.
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Working...
                              X