Dragon Age: Inquistion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Age: Inquistion

Explore a vast, fantasy world at the brink of catastrophe in Dragon Age™: Inquisition, a next-generation action RPG, where your choices shape and drive the experience. In this upcoming video game from BioWare, makers of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age: Origins, you’ll make your mark in an expansive, story-driven open world filled with complex characters, challenging combat and difficult decisions.

A cataclysmic event has plunged the land of Thedas into turmoil. Dragons now darken the sky, casting a shadow of terror over a once-peaceful kingdom. Mages have broken into an all-out war against the oppressive Templars. Nations rise against one another. It falls to you to restore order as you lead the Inquisition and hunt down the agents of chaos - your choices will forever change the Dragon Age.
    http://www.dragonage.com/

-------

Yet another beloved franchise of mine going the route of open world. It's just so sad that developers think that having something "open-world" is some kind of step forward for a franchise.

Games have been open world or not for a long time now, and having this element doesn't make a game better. Certain games fit the style better, while others don't. Most RPGs tend to be less better for it, because it helps to lose focus on the story. See the Elder Scrolls games for the perfect example. While that game is fun to play, the storyline has never been the draw for it, so the open world style never got in the way.

Oh well, I was a big fan of DA: Origins and DA2, so I'll try and remain optimistic...even with the open world announcement.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

"Next generation"? As in, I have to buy a new system?

Ugh...
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Just another stupid idea on top of the thousands already made by Bioware.

Good thing I gave up on that franchise after 2.
      Originally posted by fearless2814.1
      ...You're a chore, you know that? You are a chore.

Comment

DAI screens released

Comment

Save data will "absolutely" transfer to Inquisition

Comment

Since this a Dragon Age thread I'm gonna post this here.

I hate the combat in Dragon Age 1.

Comment

Why? At a certain point your characters are so powerful that most of the combat is on auto pilot.

Sig made by Zander Yurami

Comment

I haven't progressed far into the game because I feel that the combat feels lifeless. I'm sure as the game goes on it get's better, but I have never felt such boredom while pressing the square button.

Also I hate the idea of having battles on "auto" battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarecrow View Post
                  Why? At a certain point your characters are so powerful that most of the combat is on auto pilot.
                  I've completed the game and not reached that stage.
                  I guess that's what I get for building a ranger/archer
                  Minimum space distance:
                  a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot
                  ----------------------------------------------------------

Stormageddon added by Kuhan

Comment

It has been awhile since I played number one but I had an arcane warrior that used a spirit spell that would blow up most small mobs with one shot and most of the trolls in like three. Dragons were the only thing I really had to pay attention too.

If you don't want it on auto battle then Dragon's Age is probably not for you. Part of the fun for me was figuring out how to set the other two characters tactics so that I never had to switch to them. I thought it was fun to make them play like semi-decent players on their own. lol

Sig made by Zander Yurami

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                      I haven't progressed far into the game because I feel that the combat feels lifeless. I'm sure as the game goes on it get's better, but I have never felt such boredom while pressing the square button.

Also I hate the idea of having battles on "auto" battle.
                      Have you played isometric 3D RPG, pause/real-time type games before?

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Dragon Age: Inquisition new details video

Comment

Game Informer came in the mail today, and has a huge article on DAI. Great read.

Comment

I wish they confirmed more companions, hopefully Leliana is back

Comment

this game is looking awesome i hope it doesn't disappoint

Comment

Working...
                              X