FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 10-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #51
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

the 1st 2 would be able to hold their breaths while they performed "Operation: Stop Gap", the LMD doesnt need to breathe, and it would be responsible for holding onto the fuckwits (who would be passed out due to being shit-tastic intelligent ppl playing at being super-spies............)

Tazer
My point was it doesn't make any difference whether they hold their breath or not. They aren't getting oxygen either way. Holding your breath doesn't help at all, as it doesn't somehow "preserve oxygen". If your contention is that they would be able to function without oxygen, well...
Old 10-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #52
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

those 2 are legitimate SHIELD field agents & this is wat they do........

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #53
The_Mad_Dragon
Captain Pervert

Send a message via AIM to The_Mad_Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to The_Mad_Dragon

Liking the show so far.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #54
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
You are missing my point. By the time the raft was used, there WASN'T a difference in pressure between the inside of the plane and the outside. Or rather, there SHOULDN'T have been. The problem isn't that the raft didn't get sucked out, it is that everything else was shown getting sucked out so strongly for so long. There would be wind, turbulence, near the hole, sure, like when you roll down your car window while you are driving, but the pressure differential would be gone.

When the hole was made, there would have been a strong suction due to the pressure differential, but with a hole that big, the pressure would have equalized rapidly. Less than a minute, I'd think. At that point, there wouldn't have been any strong force to suck the raft out the hole, since the pressure inside the airplane and outside the airplane was the SAME.
Okay, I see what you're saying. We should do an experiment, or perhaps there's one online that would illustrate what would really happen if an 8 ft. hole was blown open in an airplane at 30,000 feet.

At least we can immediately agree that everyone should have been suffering from oxygen deprivation.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #55
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
Okay, I see what you're saying. We should do an experiment
lol You want to blow a hole in a plane? You sir are now on the FBI watch list.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #56
Mister Ed

Here's a story that deals with the phenomenon, though it doesn't address how long the suction goes on. It does make it clear that the suction is due to the loss of pressure, so I can only assume that, if you are no longer losing pressure, the suction stops. It also makes it clear that you have to be right near the hole, and unrestrained, for it to be likely to suck you out.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...idnt_suck.html
Old 10-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #57
Tazer

Yo.

http://news.discovery.com/human/life...ing-110408.htm

Quote:
When a hole forms, a strong tendency to equalize creates a rushing tunnel of wind, like water flowing through a hose. In sections of the plane that are far from the hole, winds might be mild enough to simply whisk papers around.

But air picks up speed as it approaches a fissure, said Geoffrey Landis, a physicist at NASA's Glenn Research Center in Cleveland. At the point where air passes out of the fuselage, it moves at the speed of sound.

The size of a hole determines how much air could rush out of a plane at once -- and how dangerous the situation will become. According to Landis' calculations, it would take about 100 seconds for pressure to equalize through a one square-foot hole in the body of a 747. People sitting next to a hole this size would face a half a ton of force barreling against them in the direction of the hole.

Of course, wind forces immediately begin working to enlarge a hole of any size -- putting extra pressure on the pilot to steer the plane downward as fast as possible.
1m 40secs til cabin pressure re-balances would be a FUCKING LONG amount of time if U were caught up in the middle of an event like that, I would think........

Quote:
There are also some things you can do to protect yourself. Keep your seatbelt fastened. Put on your oxygen mask. And, Wagner suggested, if the hole is caused by something small like a bullet, slap a book or airline magazine over it.

Air pressure will cement the object over the hole. And you will walk away a hero.
not that anybody was arguing the point, but I just wanted to show that given their relative sizes & sturdiness, that raft wouldve just been sucked out the hole as well........

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #58
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I can't believe you are still on this. You saw a man jump out of a three story building a week earlier and you can't turn off your disbelief button for a hole in a plane?
Old 10-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #59
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops

LET IT GO.

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #60
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

http://news.discovery.com/human/life...ing-110408.htm

1m 40secs til cabin pressure re-balances would be a FUCKING LONG amount of time if U were caught up in the middle of an event like that, I would think........

not that anybody was arguing the point, but I just wanted to show that given their relative sizes & sturdiness, that raft wouldve just been sucked out the hole as well........

Tazer
Or else the bottom if it would have blown out at least.

Assuming pressure wasn't already equalized. But if a one foot hole would only take 100 seconds, I imagine the 5 or 6 foot hole they got would take FAR, FAR less time, so by the time the raft came into play, pressure should have been long since equalized.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #61
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I can't believe you are still on this. You saw a man jump out of a three story building a week earlier and you can't turn off your disbelief button for a hole in a plane?
Nah, it's just fun to consider. It didn't actually strain my suspension of disbelief very much at all while I was watching the show. Not like the world-wide eclipse in Forever Evil.

What can I say, I'm a nerd. This kind of discussion is fun for me.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #62
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
*turns West's chair around to face reruns of Gossip Girl, so as to let the fanboy convo continue.....*

of course, my last post wasnt about me actually arguing anything in particular, but SOME PPL take things too seriously......

*harumph harumph harumph*

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #63
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Another bad episode last night. The two science agents are annoying and the acting by the main character are below average and 2 dimensional. There just isn't any chemistry among the actors.

The storylines and villains are pretty lame.

Thumbs down.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #64
Mister Ed

So, basically I'll probably enjoy it, since I enjoyed the last two episodes, and you had nothing but bad things to say about them, too.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #65
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Another bad episode last night. The two science agents are annoying and the acting by the main character are below average and 2 dimensional. There just isn't any chemistry among the actors.

The storylines and villains are pretty lame.

Thumbs down.
Pffft Simmons is awesome.
I do agree about yesterday's episode being bad though, Hall's acting was bad, and the Ward-Skye crap is terribly terrible

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #66
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

Overall I'm entertained by this show. It's not wowing me or anything, but I'd say it's still better than most main-stream tv.

I'm hoping it picks up a little bit of steam.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #67
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
So, basically I'll probably enjoy it, since I enjoyed the last two episodes, and you had nothing but bad things to say about them, too.
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the series. I hope there's alot more people enjoying the series as well because it may lead to other tv shows based on Marvel characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
Pffft Simmons is awesome.
I do agree about yesterday's episode being bad though, Hall's acting was bad, and the Ward-Skye crap is terribly terrible
Yeah, I didn't think Skye was convincing in her dramatic moments. She uses pouty eyes to get through most of her scenes.

I wanted Coulson to were the S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform when he's on a deadly mission.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #68
Mister Ed

Quote:
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the series. I hope there's alot more people enjoying the series as well because it may lead to other tv shows based on Marvel characters.
Really I think it comes from my not having much in the way of expectations. I was just looking for something fun, with some action, some humor, and family friendly enough to watch with my son (with enough of a connection to the Marvel movie universe to play off his, and my, enjoyment of the films). To my mind this fits that bill.

Could it be better? Sure. But it gives me what I was looking for in it, and anything beyond that, should it improve with time, will be bonus.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #69
Booster Beetle

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't think Skye was convincing in her dramatic moments. She uses pouty eyes to get through most of her scenes.

I wanted Coulson to were the S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform when he's on a deadly mission.
Lol yep, her looks are the only thing she's got going for her

Old 10-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #70
Tazer

Yo.

and bewbs. dont forget them.

anywho, my gripe about the Fitz & Simmons needing to be shoved off that plane while @ 30k feet in the air aside, I ask this question: did we just see the birth of Graviton?

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #71
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

According to this spoiler filled article, your questioned is answered.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #72
Tazer

Yo.

*sighs*

I knew it......

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #73
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

As it stands, Skye is the only reason I watch this show... and I fell asleep on the last episode.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #74
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
As it stands, Skye is the only reason I watch this show... and I fell asleep on the last episode.
EFF YEAH..!!
she is the only bright point on the show

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #75
Booster Beetle

Whatever guys Simmons is the best, she's adorable