* 1 20.00%
** 0 0%
*** 2 40.00%
**** 1 20.00%
***** 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2015, 03:59 AM   #1
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default Sinestro #14 *Preview/Spoilers*

Sinestro #14 PREVIEW
Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Robson Rocha

Old 08-28-2015, 04:00 AM   #2
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

REVIEW: Sinestro #14
Old 08-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #3
Space Cop
The Dandy

I liked the issue. It reminded me of those Silver Age issues where Superman would tell people the secrets of the Fortress of Solitude and such. But it didn't bother me because it was an interesting "outsider" take on the Sin Corps.

Palming her off on his daughter didn't bother me because I still felt Sinestro will be hands-on with her training/indoctrination.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:38 PM   #4
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

I liked it, I wish GL was as good as this book

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #5
buffalorock
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Great issue. I agree it is probably the best GL family title right now. I still love Sinestro's smug smirk
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:52 PM   #6
Tarmode
Green Lantern Initiate

Possibly the worst issue of the series so far. It was good to see a new character with an interesting ability, but other than that, it was bland. Sad to see that Soranik has finally drank the Jim Jones Kool Aid.
Tarmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:14 PM   #7
jhpace1
Manhunter Repairman

Five stars. Sinestro continues to deliver.

The story opens with a not-unabashed look at UFO aliens. And a new recruit getting a yellow power ring. Sinestro himself isn't far behind. Artwork continues to be exquisite, as both Sinestro and his daughter Soranik Natu are drawn with vibrant, precise colors from the cut of their Lantern uniforms to their yellow eyes. The city of Ranx, now even larger, has depth and detail. We are treated to some revelations as well, with the Sinestro Corps not being stagnant nor understaffed with the GLC gone. New recruits and a new Manhunter Corps are both arriving and being manufactured as quickly as possible. Even when the GLC returns, it's going to be quite a different universe. The only fly in the ointment is The Paling, as Soranik Natu is unable to fix affected Sinestro Corps members. And Sinestro keeps a firm hand on his new Corps, both watching them and guiding them.

If anyone asked me to tell them which issue to pick up as a brand-new comic book reader of DC and their color Corps, this would be the book. From the recruit's naivete to Sinestro's wheels-within-wheels, as well as the stellar artwork, nothing negative comes through with this issue. This is the (yellow) "golden standard" that Lantern books should adhere to in the future.
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:31 AM   #8
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmode View Post
Possibly the worst issue of the series so far. It was good to see a new character with an interesting ability, but other than that, it was bland. Sad to see that Soranik has finally drank the Jim Jones Kool Aid.
That's a very interesting take on it. Its not often I see people not wanting the main character to gain support, and while you are completely right that Sinestro is legit the bad guy, its just weird to see someone actively rooting against him gaining traction. And because we already know Soranik is a good character, it should pain us to her idly stand by while her father plots his devious mind off. I think the fact that we don't (and I say we meaning the assumed majority of readers) react as you did, is probably because the attention isn't on her enough and because he has yet to do something truly sinister recently. Time will tell though.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:56 AM   #9
Space Cop
The Dandy

I take Soranik like a guy drafted in Vietnam who objected to the war, but when forced to be in the situation will do what what he (she) has to as long as they don't violate some personal code. They'll do their best to fit in with people they otherwise couldn't stand.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:19 PM   #10
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

Ranx is alive? How?