Need help compiling what I have missed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help compiling what I have missed

So I stopped buying Green Lantern titles in November of 2016. Ill have to look at my back issues in my comic room when I get home today but November was the month. Since then the ONLY thing I have purchased was the Earth One GL hardcover graphic novel.

Can any of you guys (Space Cop wink wink) help me compile a list of what I have missed in addition to the 2 ongoing titles?

I remember there was an annual.
    A Space Ghost oneshot.
    Trades and hardcovers for the 2 regular titles.
    The Huckleberry Hound oneshot coming in Oct.
    The POTA mini series.
    The 2nd Star Trek mini series.

I know there were other things that I am forgetting. If I have to come crawling back for the Morrison relaunch my inner OCD won't let me overlook this gap in my collection.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
    So I stopped buying Green Lantern titles in November of 2016. Ill have to look at my back issues in my comic room when I get home today but November was the month. Since then the ONLY thing I have purchased was the Earth One GL hardcover graphic novel.

Can any of you guys (Space Cop wink wink) help me compile a list of what I have missed in addition to the 2 ongoing titles?

I remember there was an annual.
    A Space Ghost oneshot.
    Trades and hardcovers for the 2 regular titles.
    The Huckleberry Hound oneshot coming in Oct.
    The POTA mini series.
    The 2nd Star Trek mini series.

I know there were other things that I am forgetting. If I have to come crawling back for the Morrison relaunch my inner OCD won't let me overlook this gap in my collection.
    In the same boat as you. But maybe a bit before November. I collected, like, to the end of GODSMACK or whatever.

Comment

Godsmack! Ha ha!

Comment

Man it used to be a lot easier to be a completist and remember everything. Back in the days before a bajillion oneshots fake annuals and mini series. Now the older I get if I dont write it down its hard to keep track of.

Comment

One thing that is drawing me to this newest relaunch is that its ONE title. Almost surely once a month. So instead of buying 4 comics a month or 2 comics twice a month, it will be ONE comic. Glad they are taking a breather from diluting the titles. One book (and variants) isnt much of a stretch.

Comment

There was a holiday special.

And one of those 8 dollar collections of new talent with a Kyle story too.

Comment

Man, that's harder than it sounds. Post one sounds pretty complete, but, honestly, some of those I would've forgotten (like Space Ghost).

At least there has only been one annual (for GLs); none for Hal. Comic Vine confirms that.

Comment

HJ&TGLC #9
                GLs #11

Those were the last. I have all the variants for those 2 series up to there too.

Comment

Well, Hal hits 49 tomorrow and GLs hit 51 last week. Those IDW crossovers were six each and have been collected (IIRC---I don't actually trade collect what I collect in floppies).

Comment

Justice League used to have Simon and Jessica, Dark Knights Metal had Hal, No Justice had the whole Corps, and the current League has John.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                      Justice League used to have Simon and Jessica, Dark Knights Metal had Hal, No Justice had the whole Corps, and the current League has John.
                      Yeah and Injustice (including annuals, Ground Zero, Vol. 2, and vs. MotU) has a whole bunch of lanterns, but BDD wasn't collecting every GL appearance even before he quit, just every GL title.

Comment

Yeah for my own OCD I omit group titles or I would have 7 longboxes of JLA in my GL collection. Anything that counts as a solo story. A backup strip. Team up books where its a different hero each issue like B&B or DCCP. If GLs show up in a title as a guest I buy it depending on how big their appearance was. So that new Talent Showcase oneshot I need for instance because there is an 8 or so page Kyle story in it. Injustice with a GL subplot I just dont bother with. If they end up doing an Injustice: GL oneshot or mini, I would have to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                          If they end up doing an Injustice: GL oneshot or mini, I would have to get it.
                          I can easily skip the Injustice stuff, GLs or not. In 10 years no one is going to care about it. Just like DC's FAKE Earth-2 stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                            I can easily skip the Injustice stuff, GLs or not. In 10 years no one is going to care about it. Just like DC's FAKE Earth-2 stuff.
                            I actually read it because it's fun. I played the first game and the comics are much closer to classic DCU than nu52.

That said, I believe the only GL appearances since Flashpoint I don't have are the weekly Earth 2 spinoff series and I intend to pick that up in trade some day.

Comment

If you are being a total completionist, I believe GL showed up in Scooby-Doo Team-up #25.

Comment

Working...
                              X