The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 08-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #12551
Lantern54
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanMal View Post
that's great news! More for WB to consider a nother GL movie
It still has to open in Japan. That's a huge market and the Japanese do love American comic book movies.

Green since 1974!
Lantern54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:10 AM   #12552
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-british-lantern View Post
Im just going to say green lantern will not get a sequel. We will get some stories here an there about them planing one for a while then they will stop coming in and the the actors will say the have not heard anything. Then WB will let us know it's not happening.

But I could be wrong and they do make one for some unknown reason.
I doubt there will be a direct sequel. I envision a soft reboot like The Hulk.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:55 AM   #12553
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
I doubt there will be a direct sequel. I envision a soft reboot like The Hulk.
fuck a reboot. all wb needs to do is realize from there mistakes and hopefully have a true sequel that dosent feel so rushed.

im not mad at campbell but i am mad at wb.

if they dont start getting there shit together in general i think they will never honestly get off the ground when it comes to bringing other heroes onto the big screen.

i already made a promise to myself im leaving when nolan's bat universe ends because honestly i hate the thought of some cheesey ass joe shumucker shit for a reboot just to fit dc's "" vision"" of a jla film.

im not the biggest fan of marvel but the fact is marvel has indeed brought more charachters to the screen unlike dc.

i just dont get how someone who is in charge just dosent know how to keep a story simple.

i am a big fan of mmh and i get teasted for it ok yea so what? id rather see him on the big screen instead of another superman/batman film.

hell why not ditch the dead man tv show and put him on the big screen?

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #12554
EmeraldGamer
Green Lantern

Well..my nephew..who is 27...and whose knowledge of GL is what he learned from me wants to see the movie again. So..we are catching the noon showing at the Budget theater today. This will be his second viewing and this will make it my 4th and final big screen showing. Until it comes out on blu-ray / dvd..I'll be counting the days!!

EmeraldGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #12555
EmeraldGamer
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern54 View Post
It still has to open in Japan. That's a huge market and the Japanese do love American comic book movies.

let's hope it pulls in major cash in Japan!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #12556
EmeraldGamer
Green Lantern

ahhh..was nice seeing it one last time on the big screen!!

Old 09-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #12557
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Interview with someone from Peanut FX about the mo-cap in Green Lantern:

Quote:
When did you first start working on Green Lantern?

We started working on test shots in may 2010. The shooting was still in progress and Warner Bros was looking for specialized companies to handle the motion capture process. After a few weeks, we received about 30 shots to start with, giving us some time to put a small team and a pipeline together.

Could you describe in details the working process with the Motion Capture on Green Lantern?

In short, we used the images we received from Warner Bros to capture the camera and actor's motion. We then sent our Maya layout scenes to Sony Pictures Imageworks who did the main visual effects.

It took us a couple of months to set up an efficient pipeline and build the few tools we needed. The working process consisted of importing all the footage we had received from Warner in our image-based motion capture software to reconstruct the set and camera positions in 3D. The actors' motion was then tracked in 3D by triangulating points placed on the motion capture suits from the main and witness cameras. At this stage the motion was only represented by a cloud of moving 3D points, called locators. The 3D reconstructed scene with all cameras, set static points and moving points could then be imported in Maya, where the captured performance could be applied to rigged models of the actors. Sometimes the animation needed to be cleaned up, or even key-frame roto-animated in Maya on some fast moving action shots.

How many people from your studios have been working on the movie? Which are the main technologies used for the Motion Capture?

We're a small studio ! About ten people have worked on over 100 Green Lantern shots at Peanut, including riggers, 3D trackers and occasional roto-animators. We used a panel of 2D and 3D softwares like Autodesk Maya, Movimento, Hype or Peelsolve, as well as a few house-built tools.

I guess that you have been a lot around the set. How has it been cooperating with the director and the cast? What kind of requests has the productions made to you?

On set supervision is indeed very important to us as it determines the quality and difficulty of our work. On Green Lantern, our work only included the data processing in post-production.

Green Lantern is a movie which - as well as many others lately - has been converted for the 3D. Which challenges does this bring to your job - if there are any?

Stereoscopic only affects our work when the film is shot with two cameras for right and left eyes, which we then have to both 3D track. Green Lantern, like indeed many others, was converted to 3D so it means the second eye camera was created after shooting , using 3D softwares.

Which are, from your perspective, the advantages in using the Motion Capture technology on movies, and which possible evolutions may this have?

The technique we use to capture motion is based on images only, and is specifically designed for digital make-up. Unlike in King-Kong, for example, for which Andy Serkis' performance was partly used to animate a full CG character, image-based motion capture is used when CG needs to be added to a filmed character, like the ugly side of Harvey Dent, or here the Green Lantern suit. While the usual debate on motion capture is about whether it sometimes rivals classic key-framed animation,image-based motion capture here is necessary to match the actor's live action.

What about your upcoming projects?

I'm afraid if we answered this we'd have to kill you. Seriously, we are working on a new website and news will be found in Peanut's blog soon.
http://www.comicus.it/blog/movie-com...lanterna-verde
Old 09-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #12558
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

My wife picked up the "Constructing Green Lantern" book for me at our local Border's for $10
Old 09-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #12559
EmeraldGamer
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingJohn View Post
My wife picked up the "Constructing Green Lantern" book for me at our local Border's for $10

It's a sweet book!!

Old 09-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #12560
EmeraldGamer
Green Lantern

Quote:
And a very sweet price that your wife paid!

Old 09-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #12561
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldGamer View Post
It's a sweet book!!

True story

I've already looked through the whole thing, but it's nice to have it on my shelf
Old 09-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #12562
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldGamer View Post
And a very sweet price that your wife paid!

Well... you know, "going out of business" I'm just lucky they had a couple of them still there, I think we got the last one.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #12563
EmeraldGamer
Green Lantern

Quote:
Well... you know, "going out of business" I'm just lucky they had a couple of them still there, I think we got the last one.
Cool!! Mine is on my coffee table next to the 3 piece GL statue set that was recently released.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #12564
robojac
Corps Honor Guard

I literally finished reading Constructing Green Lantern: From Page To Screen two weeks ago today. I brought it back in June at Barnes And Noble with their 20% coupon and my 10% rewards card discount. I learned a lot about the movie and I thought it was a great read.
robojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #12565
JuanMal
Fatality's Blacksmith

Any updates on how much the movie has made so far?
JuanMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #12566
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

it cracked the 100 Million on foreign markets last weekend:

so it is : 116.000.000 domestic + around 103.000.000 foreign markets= 219.000.000 $

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...eenlantern.htm
Old 09-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #12567
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Hey! If you put aside the millions they pissed away on marketing, the movie has finally paid for itself!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #12568
IonFan
Forum Member

good one Dave

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #12569
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
it cracked the 100 Million on foreign markets last weekend:

so it is : 116.000.000 domestic + around 103.000.000 foreign markets= 219.000.000 $

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...eenlantern.htm

any reviews from over seas?

im interested to hear what people thought

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #12570
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
any reviews from over seas?

im interested to hear what people thought
They probably thought it was one of the worst movies ever made, or just incredibly weak.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #12571
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
They probably thought it was one of the worst movies ever made, or just incredibly weak.
even though they dropped the ball a bit with gl i=ts still better then dd, xm3, sm3, ff, gr,

Old 09-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #12572
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
even though they dropped the ball a bit with gl i=ts still better then dd, xm3, sm3, ff, gr,
I think excluding Ghost Rider and maybe Fantastic Four that is up for discussion.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 PM   #12573
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
I think excluding Ghost Rider and maybe Fantastic Four that is up for discussion.
And I say it's a moot discussion since it's all personal preference.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #12574
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
i hated the first ff but i did like ff rotss.

now if they didnt do the whole heys lets switch powers bs i think it couldve been alot better.

ghostrider is meh to me. i mean hey if im really bored and ther enothing on tv late at night and if gr is on what the hell id watch it just to kill time

Old 09-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #12575
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Quote:
i hated the first ff but i did like ff rotss.

now if they didnt do the whole heys lets switch powers bs i think it couldve been alot better.

ghostrider is meh to me. i mean hey if im really bored and ther enothing on tv late at night and if gr is on what the hell id watch it just to kill time
One major problem with ghost rider aside from cage...Eva Mendez
Yes we all know she is attractive but who told her she was a good actress... she makes Blake seem like a Oscar winner IMO
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie