No announcement yet.

Hal's gray temples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked that it was explained it was the first signs of Parallax taking over. Hal Jordan ain't no Reed Richards. I didn't care for them.

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
      Dont like them with his GL run, but with Parallax I thought they came off well

I agree.

Comment

I liked the grey hair, made him looked more expirienced. Remember gray hair can get to you in your late 20+, so it doesn't matter how hal was he could have gray hair.

Comment

it makes me think of keanu reeves in bram stokers dracula
          Si vos can't caecus lemma per scientia , baffle 'em per bovis excrement

Comment

i alwise just thought he was like prematuraly aged but i never read the old ones so i just assumed paralax did that to him

Comment

Keep in mind, Parallax was affecting Hal at least as far back as "Hard-Traveling Heroes." Hal mentions in Rebirth that his road trips to "find himself" (like the classic one with Ollie) were a result of Parallax's influence.

Anyways, I liked the gray. It made Hal seem more human, which has been completely missing from the character since 2004.
              The last fan of 1990s comics
              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I say bring back the gray at the temples. It added character. Hal just isn't a Just For Men kind of guy…

Comment

People can go gray early. It doesn't make Hal any older. It does, however, make him stand out from other heroes. They should have kept the gray temples, so says Gray Lantern!
                  MEH

Comment

I liked they grey but then again I think grey hair is cool anyway. I know a guy who's been going grey since he was 16 and I've always been a bit jealous of that.

Not sure how true it is but they say whatever goes grey, you keep. At least this means Hal will still have all his hair until he retires. Can't imagine how stupid any of the earth Lanterns would look if they were bald. I know at some points John has a shaved head but that still looks different. I also didn't like for a while how every black male in comics for a while was just made to look like Sam Jackson. He looks cool and all but there's more than one way for a black guy to look badass (Mr T, we all love you)

I didn't mind Superman and Wonder Woman not ageing the same way since Diana is a godess and Superman will live forever under a yellow sun. All that being said I still love how they looked in Kingdom Come.

Instead of making Hal look feeble it made him look like a seasoned veteran and shouldn't really have any effect on his ability as a Lantern since it's all about what's in the mind of the user rather than his muscle. Greying would be a sign of Batman or Green Arrow losing their edge but not a member of the corps.
                    Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

while i like the grey i still think the ring could allow a corps member to prolong life much like supermans ability under the yellow sun

Comment

Originally posted by havik View Post
                        while i like the grey i still think the ring could allow a corps member to prolong life much like supermans ability under the yellow sun
                        Good point, and it's actually been in the comics before: a power ring kept Driq alive for years after he'd actually died.
                        The last fan of 1990s comics
                        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

i was just thiniing if it can lend the user a small life hsield then wouldn't the user be able to will themself to live longer

Comment

Originally posted by havik View Post
                            i was just thiniing if it can lend the user a small life hsield then wouldn't the user be able to will themself to live longer
                            That's exactly what Guy did in early Vol 3. Used the ring to keep himself young while Hal just got old. This "he went grey early" business came a bit later.

Arisia did the exact opposite, used the ring to get old, shaving years off her life.

Also, when the Maltusian "gods" turned Hal into a Guardian they also made him as old and small as one. His ring turned him back.

Comment

exactly it would still be a will power kind of effect

Comment

I'm going to bump this because there are some folks around now who never got to express their opinions about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X