The Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo.

I'm being completely honest when I say that I'm not that enthused for this film, and this article doesn't really help...: https://www.wired.com/story/cantina-talk-87/

Cantina Talk: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Got Made On the Run

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• This trilogy is everything people said they accused the Prequels of being. When I get in The Last Jedi, I'm watching the throne room fight and then mailing it back, no bullshit.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
        This trilogy is everything people said they accused the Prequels of being. When I get in The Last Jedi, I'm watching the throne room fight and then mailing it back, no bullshit.
        Yeah, I'll watch Ep. 9 when it hits Netflix just because I made it through the other two and at least I'll be able to say I gave the whole thing a try. I'll also probably check out Solo just because it's on Instant Netflix and Disney streaming will soon end that. After that, though, I'm not going to bother anymore. There's too much of it too often for me to keep up with something I dislike just for the sake of keeping up. It's not my Star Wars anymore.

Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 06-18-2019, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• I hope that I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this upcoming film. Prior to TFA, I strongly felt that this new trilogy needed to move beyond the Skywalker family to create the sense that SW was bigger than just the Anakin-Luke conflict. TFA and TLJ seemed to set that up, but now we have the 3rd installment bringing us full circle with Luke possibly materializing and the Emperor seemingly alive. Those lackluster side stories spent more than enough time creating love letters to the original trilogy. I was hoping that this last (for the time being) SW film would break new ground.
          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• That was a hell of an episode of "The Mandalorian" yesterday. Really brought everything together and had a great (sad?) cliffhanger.

Comment

• Yo.

guess I got something to look forward to when I get home afterward.....

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Yo.

and becuz today is wat it is, I'll just leave this right here.....

Tazer

Comment

• Saw it. Loved it. It was a nice bookend to everything that has been released since 1977. I have no regrets and will buy the dvd upon release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    Saw it. Loved it. It was a nice bookend to everything that has been released since 1977. I have no regrets and will buy the dvd upon release.
                    I'm more optimistic than I was 6 months ago. Most of the comic readers/fantasy enthusiasts whom I know really liked it. I'm heading to the theater with optimism.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Yo.

saw it, but did NOT love it; it wasn't bad, but gets little more than an "ennhhhh....." from me. I'd place it near the bottom of the rung in the SW-films hierarchy, and based on the ending I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone UNLESS they're really curious about how NINE resolves the issues from EIGHT.

I will say this tho: when U think about it,
                      Kylo Ren gets his wish......

Tazer

Comment

• Yoda voice: "Mmm... ripped off, this was."

Comment

• Yo.

so tonite fearless, Gamerajon, Iggy & myself will do our final review episode for the year, and its going to be about RotSW; I wish I could say I don't know how things will go, but I already know that 2 of'em consider this movie favorably.....so I guess I might get to rampage on some toes due to my opposing regard of the film.

.......oh boy, Ima have me some FUN this night!!!

Tazer`

Comment

• Yo.

ya know, its funny: Ive heard some outlets defend liking TRoS, but I haven't heard much of vilifying of the SW-fanbase, and Ive heard NOTHING from *anybody* going after the "toxic SW-male fans".....

progress in attitudes towards differing opinions, perhaps??

Tazer

Comment

• Yo.

ok, Ive gotta say it: Eps #8 of The Mandalorian left me with all of the tingly feelings I SHOULDVE gotten from TRoS.....but didnt.

dammit, Im gonna miss this show while I wait for S2 to come out....

Tazer

Comment

• Yo.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#6b4ec00a2458

Report: ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 2 Will Feature ‘Established’ Skywalker ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Tazer

Comment

Working...
                                X