The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 04-04-2019, 04:31 AM   #1276
Space Cop
The Dandy

Gotta get that DCeased #2 Variant; my signed NoES poster hangs in my den and I see it every day, so it's a familiar sight.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
—Isaiah 9:6

Last edited by Space Cop; 04-04-2019 at 04:41 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #1277
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Ha! You got the Green Lantern hostess cakes! Fanboy!
Old 04-04-2019, 01:45 PM   #1278
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
Ha! You got the Green Lantern hostess cakes! Fanboy!
It's true (though the box is moved to the next shelf over since that photo). I even had to give all GLO Balls to the family because I hate coconut.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:31 PM   #1279
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

If Mikel Janin was better, he'd be Yasmine Putri.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:13 PM   #1280
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Yasmine Putri seems like the halfway point between Jason Pearson and Esad Ribic.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:12 PM   #1281
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Young Justice is so good that I want it to be an animated movie series
Old 04-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #1282
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Young Animal to return with more Doom Patrol, a new franchise and YET ANOTHER EARTH LANTERN *aneurysm*
https://www.comicsbeat.com/dcs-young...and-mikey-way/
Old 04-11-2019, 02:34 PM   #1283
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I really wish Gerard Way wasn't attached to this new Doom Patrol series. His 12 issues he did ended up not being very good. He tried his best to be Grant Morrison, but he was really more of a Rachel Pollack clone. He started out strong but it turned into a dumpster fire fast.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:14 PM   #1284
BLACK HAND
Green Lantern Initiate

Although I hate that they feel the need to add another Earth lantern to the mix I do think the story itself sounds interesting, I might give it a gander if it's not too teen vibey.

I'm hoping they make her alien somehow....they don't have to be from Earth to be relatable in some way.
BLACK HAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:04 PM   #1285
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

DC Comics JULY 2019 Solicitations
Old 04-28-2019, 11:33 PM   #1286
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Bleeding Cool: David Marquez at DC Comics For New Superman/Batman Ongoing With Joshua Williamson
Bleeding Cool: We Get a New Secret Six For DC’s Year Of The Villain
Old 04-30-2019, 01:09 AM   #1287
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 05-04-2019, 04:26 PM   #1288
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I don't like how dark this coming year is looking to be between Year of the Villain and Leviathan. Justice League is already depressing, now it looks like everything is going that way.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:31 PM   #1289
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I was kind of happy to see that there is apparently no direct tie-in for The Green Lantern with the Year of the Villain nonsense. I mean, I know it is too much to hope for that no Green Lanterns will be involved, but at least we might avoid having it muck about with the main GL title.

This direction of diving headlong into darker themes and confusing, universe-redefining garbage that seems like it will only taint things going forward (for me, anyway), no matter what the resolution of the event is...I don't like it. It is making me seriously consider dropping comics altogether. It would certainly be nice to save the money.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 05-06-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #1290
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
^I don't like how dark this coming year is looking to be between Year of the Villain and Leviathan. Justice League is already depressing, now it looks like everything is going that way.
DC has been dark for the past decade or so, what's going on now is no different from say Forever Evil
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:34 PM   #1291
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chosen" View Post
DC has been dark for the past decade or so, what's going on now is no different from say Forever Evil
Seems darker to me. Forever Evil didn't reframe the entire universe to be darker at its core, it just had a bunch of villains. And did Forever Evil tarnish any heroes? I don't recall.

But yeah, I've been unhappy with the grimmer trajectory of the DC Universe for quite some time. Probably started as far back as Identity Crisis, which I thoroughly disliked. Nowadays, though, the darker tone seems a bit more universal and line-wide.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 05-07-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #1292
IonFan
Forum Member

Batman: Metal is all i'm gonna say about this

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:27 PM   #1293
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
Batman: Metal is all i'm gonna say about this
I didn't even read Metal. I could tell I wasn't going to like it, and thought it wouldn't be that important outside the event. The fact that I seem to have been wrong about the latter is part of why I don't like the direction the DCU is taking.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:12 PM   #1294
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I passed on Metal. Come to think of it the last event I think I DID take part in was Brightest Day. Just no interest in them anymore.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:19 PM   #1295
buffalorock
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Metal was decent, I will probably always like Capullo's art. I generally like Snyder, but his non-cape stuff is his best. Reading No Justice and Metal prevented me from getting into his Justice League run.
Too many ideas at once, too much going on, too many words. I couldn't get interested.

Year of the villain isn't anything new to me and I am glad to skip it, though I much prefer bad guy Lex over heroic Lex.
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:47 PM   #1296
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalorock View Post
Metal was decent, I will probably always like Capullo's art. I generally like Snyder, but his non-cape stuff is his best. Reading No Justice and Metal prevented me from getting into his Justice League run.
Too many ideas at once, too much going on, too many words. I couldn't get interested. . .
I read the whole thing and I still can't remember why what they did broke the source wall. I also still don't get who exactly The Batman Who Laughs is and whether he was the main baddie or not.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #1297
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
I read the whole thing and I still can't remember why what they did broke the source wall. I also still don't get who exactly The Batman Who Laughs is and whether he was the main baddie or not.
^ this, this right here, i too have read all 3 of the Metal books and at the end of the day i have no clue wtf i read wtf was happening and why i should care

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #1298
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Yeah, and don't forget the atrociously dark Heroes in Crisis.
To think that they had JUST celebrated their own return to lightheartedness with DC Rebirth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Seems darker to me. Forever Evil didn't reframe the entire universe to be darker at its core, it just had a bunch of villains. And did Forever Evil tarnish any heroes? I don't recall.
Well, it did turn Nightwing into special agent Grayson for a year or two. Which was still better than the current "Ric Grayson" arc.

Quote:
But yeah, I've been unhappy with the grimmer trajectory of the DC Universe for quite some time. Probably started as far back as Identity Crisis, which I thoroughly disliked. Nowadays, though, the darker tone seems a bit more universal and line-wide.
Sometimes, I wish that DC would reset all of their books to New Year's Eve 1999 and claim that everything in-between had been a simulation by Brainiac 13. While the years after that had a few nice concepts and updates (I like Batwoman Kate Kane, Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes, Morrison's Seven Soldiers and Batman, Manhunter Kate Spencer and a few others, and the Rucka/Grayson/Brubaker/Vaughan-era of Batman/Detective Comics/Gotham Knights was choice), going back to pre-Infinite Crisis, pre-Our Worlds At War, pre-Green Lantern Rebirth, pre-New-52 etc seems like the only way I'll ever call myself a DC fan again. Every time I think they're getting their act together, they let me down massively. Every single time.

Quote:
I also still don't get who exactly The Batman Who Laughs is and whether he was the main baddie or not.
He wasn't the main villain of Metal, that was Barbatos. The Batman Who Laughs was the one who brought Barbatos upon the DC Universe though, with the help of the other multiverse Dark Knights, the Court of Owls and the mantling. One of the reasons we don't remember what happened to the Batman Who Laughs is that they never showed us in Metal. The last issue of Metal had a confrontation between regular Batman, Joker and the Batman Who Laughs, and then as the trump card, other Batmen from the "good" parts of the Multiverse appeared. Dark Knights Returns Batman, Leatherwing, Red Son Batman, Kelley Jones vampire Batman and others.
This huge "you need good Batmen to fight evil Batmen" splashpage was the last we saw of it, the rest of the issue dealt with other stuff.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:45 PM   #1299
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
...He wasn't the main villain of Metal, that was Barbatos. The Batman Who Laughs was the one who brought Barbatos upon the DC Universe though, with the help of the other multiverse Dark Knights, the Court of Owls and the mantling. One of the reasons we don't remember what happened to the Batman Who Laughs is that they never showed us in Metal. . .
Oh, yeah. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:50 PM   #1300
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

That sounds awful.