Continuing fallout from the Green Lantern movie disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuing fallout from the Green Lantern movie disaster

I read the other day that Ryan Reynolds' career has taken a hit from the movie's flop. He was miscast in the role but did a lot better than I had expected him to. And this is what he gets for it.

Has his career really taken a hit? He had 2 movies come out last year and he has 4 movies releasing this year. Not to mention his Deadpool that he's been trying to get made for years is finally coming out in 2016. Seems like he's doing just fine to me.
    Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

I don't think he's starving. Let's not start the benefit fund just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
        I don't think he's starving. Let's not start the benefit fund just yet.
        If he never works again, his great-grandchildren won't miss any meals. But I think he wasn't the main guy who was responsible for that movie. You know?

Comment

I don't blame any of the film's problems on Reynolds.

Comment

I don't blame any of the film's problems on Reynolds.
            I don't either.

Comment

I don't know what the article was specifically, but I doubt they mean his career is totally dead, just that he's less marketable than he should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                I don't know what the article was specifically, but I doubt they mean his career is totally dead, just that he's less marketable than he should be.
                Yes, that's what it said.

But anyway I'm wondering why nobody at DC Comics took a hit because of that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                  Yes, that's what it said.

But anyway I'm wondering why nobody at DC Comics took a hit because of that movie.
                  Because they're in the comic making business, not the movie making business. DC didn't force anybody at WB to make the GL movie terrible. They did that all on their own. A lot of the problems are with editing, the structure of the movie and the antagonists. Not the mythology.

Comment

Because they're in the comic making business, not the movie making business. DC didn't force anybody at WB to make the GL movie terrible. They did that all on their own. A lot of the problems are with editing, the structure of the movie and the antagonists. Not the mythology.
                    Damn, I keep giving you and Andrew a hint, but it's going right over your heads...

Comment

When Considered against the other people in the running for Hal Ryan was clearly the best choice. I am sure now they wish they would have gone with Bradley Cooper,but no one could guess that he would go on to do Ameriacn Sniper.

I don't think he is losing any roles over this though. Well maybe Highlander but it sounds like they really don't know what they want to do with that any ways.
                      Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                        Damn, I keep giving you and Andrew a hint, but it's going right over your heads...
                        Are you beating around the bush to a Geoff Johns thing?

Comment

Are you beating around the bush to a Geoff Johns thing?
                          Huh-huh-huh! You said bush!

Comment

I liked the movie but I can't get past how much Hector looks like Rocky in Mask. I mean it really sucks me out of the movie.
                            Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Most people that actually liked the movie knew nothing or very little about GL going in.

I really doubt RR's career took a significant hit. At the end of the day, he's still a good-looking guy that's extremely marketable. GL fans and comic fans in general probably make up less than 1% of movie goers, so RR won't be in the welfare line anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X