Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Think I Figured Out Who Indigo-1 Is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The White Light of Life View Post
    Indigo-1 herself said that she knew Abin during a time when she was "self-centered and self-important" and I don't think Abin's wife fits into that category.
    nah, i think she just meant that in the way that the lanterns of the indigo tribe left their past identities behind them and act mostly as one onw, united by their quest to spread compassion throughout the universe. i remmeber reading somewhere that the indigos have little more than the clothes on their back and that they dedicate their whole life to their corps. so that means that the "self centred and self important" part was refering to the time they were individuals with full lives, centred around them and their needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
      arin had a wife?

funniest thing i heard all week !!!

Comment

Originally posted by The White Light of Life View Post
        Indigo-1 herself said that she knew Abin during a time when she was "self-centered and self-important" and I don't think Abin's wife fits into that category.
        We know next to nothing about Abin's wife for you to make that judgement.

Comment

Wait, Abin's wife? I thought you were talking about Arin. (Sinestro's wife)

That looks dead-on. I would bet this theory is correct.
          We really need to get a score card to keep up with the Sur's

ABIN SUR-Former Green Lantern Of SECTOR 2814.

ARIN SUR-ABIN SUR's sister and Sinestro's lover.

AMON SUR-Son of Abin Sur and Former Sinestro Corps Member.

ABIN SUR's Wife-Has no official name that I know of and is the mother of Amon Sur.
          Raker616
          Corps Honor Guard
          Last edited by Raker616; 11-01-2009, 03:30 AM.
          "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

This is a nice theory. This, and Weeja Dell, the monitor Nix Uotan's girlfriend from Final Crisis, are the two best (and most sensible) I've heard yet.

Comment

I'd say it looks pretty close I'll be watching. I think it's a pretty good theory.

Comment

Note the clothing on Abin's wife in the panel and then compare them to Indigo-1. Also, when Arin looks up at Sinestro, she takes on a more "alive" appearance, see how her hair is braided and she even looks like Indigo-1.

Comment

Maybe the Indigo corps ring makes their members skin go a different colour ????

Comment

Originally posted by LanternJake1009 View Post
                    Maybe the Indigo corps ring makes their members skin go a different colour ????
                    No. They don't.

Comment

hmm it makes sense. All the leaders of the different corps are related (non-family) to each other somehow. As of now there's no corps leaders who's just random and not connected.

If it's Abin's wife there could be many reasons why she didn't fully recognize Abin. Perhaps when she took over the Indigo light, it made her memory lapse. In order to be a fully compassionate person your life has to be in the service of others, or at least put aside your own feelings to feel compassion for others. Perhaps some memory loss is a part of the equation. And losing your original identity to become fully group minded.
                      JohnnyV
                      Pictionary Master
                      Last edited by JohnnyV; 11-02-2009, 03:44 AM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

To me, Indigo-1 makes me think of Lianna. After her confrontation with Kyle and Jade, Lianna became a member of a holy order, led by Mother Zed.

I think as a member of the holy order she probably became a compassionate entity and you combine that with her hybrid like powers of the Guardians and Zamoran, you get Indigo-1.

Comment

I wasn't entirely surprised that she was someone who knew Abin -- after all, Green Lanterns get around a lot, and because Abin was obsessed with the prophecy, he might have had reason to speak with a lot of different sorts of people. Maybe Indigo-1 had other connections that made him run into her when he was looking for information about something else. Or maybe she was important in some other way.

What does surprise me, though, is that Arin knew her, too. As far as we know, Arin was just a civilian who happened to have Green Lantern connections through her brother and her lover/husband/whatever. Presumably she spent most of her life on Ungara and we know that she spent some time on Korugar, and that Korugar is where she died. But she probably (as far as we know) didn't have any real adventures or major travels in her life other than that, and thus had much less opportunity to meet someone like Indigo-1 no matter what she was before joining the Indigo Tribe.

To me, that implies that Indigo-1 is either Ungaran or Korugarian herself, and Ungaran seems to fit better judging by her appearance. Though really, who knows? Maybe Arin did a lot more travelling in her life than we might suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Raker616 View Post
                            So the other day I was re-reading the first 20 issues of GL volume 4 and I think I stumbled onto who exactly Indigo-1 is.

In Green Lantern #17, page 6 there are a couple of panels that show Abin Sur's Wife and she looks very similar to Indigo-1 (you can check it out for yourself if you have this issue). Now it hit me that Geoff has already introduced Abin, Amon and Arin into BN, but Abin's wife has been really ignored and not talked about aside from these few panels in GL overall. It would explain somethings like why Indigo-1 seems to know so much about The Blackest Night and why Abin recognized her.

Maybe i'm reaching but could Indigo-1 be the wife of Abin Sur who has spent her time since his death preparing for BN all of these years after learning about it from her husband?. I don't know but i'm really curious now to see if i'm onto something, so what do you guys think i'm I reaching or what?.

Abin's Wife...

Indigo-1...
                            Sinestro would know her if he knew Abin's sister enough to be involved with her. why doesn't he recognize her?

Comment

hmm interesting theory..and Ive read the thread so far and I have to agree it could possibly be abins wife..as from the panel she has the bandages on her arm same as Indigo-1.

All will be explained in the end of where she came from so who knows but I think this is the closest theory we have had to date.

Comment

Very interesting theory and possibly true but we'll just have to wait and see, Abin's "I know you.."cryptic comment before being obliterated and your pics showing the likenesses between Abin's wife and Indigo-1 gives it some ground to stand on. But like i said we'll just have to watch as Blackest Night progresses before we see if it's right or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X