Borrowed Superman Villains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borrowed Superman Villains

Who do you think works the best? Who do you want to see go against the GLC more often?

GL and GLC have used the bigger names before. Characters like Mongul and Henshaw/Cyborg Superman have been used quite often since the 90's. More recently we've seen the GLC go up against Brainiac, General Zod and Co., and the New Gods characters. And during the Infinite Crisis era Superboy Prime was even a member of the Sinestro Corps along with the Anti-Monitor as their Guardian.

What does everyone think works best against the GLC? I enjoyed Zod and his family quite a bit. Henshaw works as well he just needs to be retooled as a GL villain moreso than Superman. I thought Brainiac could've been better...

- Ω

Any of them can work because Supes' villains tend to be cosmic threat and that's GL's domain.
    Personally, I like when Hal fought Mongul.

Comment

I never cared for him much but I was bummed THIS never happened...

- Ω

Comment

We need to see a rebuilding of the GLC to 3600 sectors first, and there's plenty of unresolved stories in those sectors for stories.

I would also like to see each color make a small cameo once every three months or so in GLC's comic. The GLC finally retrieving the Blue Lantern Central Battery from the Blue Beetles, the Star Sapphires, the Indigo Tribe, Larfleeze, Atrocitus, and ending with Sinestro.

But I want to see the Guardians act like they are supposed to from GL #20, where they are leaders at the front lines, not administrators in the rear.

Comment

Nothing wrong with borrowing other heroes villains as long as it works. The destruction of Coast City made Mongul and Cyborg Superman potentially good villains for GL at one point, and Johns took advantage of that. Plus in Mongul's case they fit in with the "cosmic aspect" really well. As long as it makes sense, I can't complain.

Comment

I can't think of anymore I'd like to see them go up against. At least not any more cosmic ones. For Earth based ones I wouldn't mind seeing one of the GLs face off against the Ultra Humanite, preferably the white ape version usually associated with the JSA, though still a Supes villain.

Comment

I like the way that the Zod arc ended, knowing Zod's arrogance, there is NO WAY, Zod will accept that humiliating defeat at the hands of Hal Jordan in front of his planet of followers and more importantly his family.

Comment

Working...
              X