The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern: New Guardians/Kyle Rayner
FLASHCHAT

Kyle Rayner

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2019, 02:15 PM   #24
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
And Ed, you can urge DC to stop trying to make money off the Martian Manhunter, but they won't follow your advice. Saying "I like this character depicted in such a way that he can't sell comics" will never taken seriously. They don't care what you like about a character who doesn't sell. They care about selling comics.

That goes for Adam Strange too.
If they only care about selling comics, why do they keep trying to make a Martian Manhunter solo title, when it doesn't seem to work? What if the way to sell more comics is to sell a title headlining somebody else, not keep trying with the same guy? My point is that there is no reason to keep trying to force that specific character into a headlining position if he works better as a supporting character. I just don't see the point in making drastic changes to an existing character to try to force them into a headlining position when there are other characters that might work better, or a NEW character might work better.

To be honest, I love your idea of a series of minis for second tier characters that are popular enough as supporting characters that people occasionally want to see them in the spotlight, even if they couldn't carry an ongoing title.