No announcement yet.

Green Lantern #38 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are just too lazy I guess. Maybe for all we know Venditti could have been facing editorial mandate or something. Either way I probably won't remember his GL run with much fondness.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
      Some people are just too lazy I guess. Maybe for all we know Venditti could have been facing editorial mandate or something. Either way I probably won't remember his GL run with much fondness.
      Maybe it's more along the lines of "I don't need to bother with that."

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
        Maybe it's more along the lines of "I don't need to bother with that."
        Yeah, probably. Still, it would have been nice if he had more knowledge of the GL mythos. Maybe his run could have actually been better.
        Mister.Weirdo
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 01-08-2015, 10:42 PM.

Comment

The surprise for me here is having Barry Allen catching up with Hal, that was until Hal ditched him and Guy.

http://www.green-bloggers-site.com

Comment

So did anyone else see this issue as Carol saying she's just waiting to get back together with Hal? Another point in the "Kyle and Carol's relationship is dumb" category.

Comment

Yeah, she kind of said if he just fixed whatever was "wrong" it could happen.

Comment

Hal should forget about her, she's all drama. He should hook up with Arisia again...

Comment

To be honest I never see Hal and Carol having much chemistry.. they are too alike, both are pilots, they grow up and are too familiar with each other almost like brother and sister. Everyone expected them to be together (or at least Hal) Arisa definetly was more interesting for Hal, and aside from Sodam Yat who is now in limbo he as no competence there, not to mention she was a Hal fangirl. Carol on the other hand is in love with Kyle and that would be an issue from now on if she ever returns with Hal.

Just please Hal pull you shit (and hair) together and stop looking like Kyle.
                  Noct
                  Sinestro's Sparring Partner
                  Last edited by Noct; 01-11-2015, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by greenblogger View Post
                    The surprise for me here is having Barry Allen catching up with Hal, that was until Hal ditched him and Guy.
                    Yeah what was up with that,i would love to drink with Barry and Guy.
                    Proud owner of a Justice League Europe number 1 issue.
                    Which currently is worth less than my Kick-Ass 2 issue 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Noct View Post
                      To be honest I never see Hal and Carol having much chemistry.. they are too alike, both are pilots, they grow up and are too familiar with each other almost like brother and sister. . .
                      Plus they're both dominant, gung-ho personalities. In my experience, that can be a difficult match.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Yeah, she kind of said if he just fixed whatever was "wrong" it could happen.
                        So basically until Venditti leaves the book.

I just love how he acknowledges how dumb the relationship between Kyle and Carol really is. Such bad writing.
                        Mister.Weirdo
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 01-11-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noct View Post
                          To be honest I never see Hal and Carol having much chemistry.. they are too alike, both are pilots, they grow up and are too familiar with each other almost like brother and sister. Everyone expected them to be together (or at least Hal) Arisa definetly was more interesting for Hal, and aside from Sodam Yat who is now in limbo he as no competence there, not to mention she was a Hal fangirl. Carol on the other hand is in love with Kyle and that would be an issue from now on if she ever returns with Hal.

Just please Hal pull you shit (and hair) together and stop looking like Kyle.
                          Carol is not real truly in love with Kyle, she even admitted that in this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                            Carol is not real truly in love with Kyle, she even admitted that in this issue.
                            Well that's Venditti's fault. Like he's going to have the main character be told a rival is better than him

Comment

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                              Well that's Venditti's fault. Like he's going to have the main character be told a rival is better than him
                              Yes, yes it is.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if The Kyle / Carol thing was editorially mandated just to shake things up.

Hal and Kyle should be friends not rivals, and this issue doesn't paint many of it's characters in a good light.
                              Mister.Weirdo
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 01-11-2015, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Hal should die again so Kyle can go back to being the main GL

Comment

Working...
                                X