This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
    That's the answer to "Why do you feel that way?" not the answer to "Why do you think they wont sell?"

I'm firmly in the camp of IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME. There's nothing wrong with building up a character as a supporting role before branching off. It doesn't have to be as blatant as Silk or as long as Steel. It just has to be good. Damian Wayne is everywhere and people hated him in his initial issues.

You just have to make good content and people will support it. Or just put top selling talent on it, give it a marketing push beyond a once page blurb and two interviews online.
    I think the only thing Sideways was missing was more involvement from Morrison, who was originally supposed to do more with the character before all of those New Age of Heroes books started getting cancelled. It was the one title Didio had his name on that I actually enjoyed. I'm hoping that character comes back at some point down the line, he'd be a great addition to Young Justice.

DC needs a different marketing strategy to sell newer titles beyond a few issues. Rather than post the same thing in the back of every comic promoting the next event, Superman or Batman title, or up and coming DC creators... they should have two or three different ads, articles, or features. Say they're still sticking with 52 titles a month... roughly 17 books for every different feature. For example one could be an article about the next big crossover with a creator Q&A. Another could promote something like Wonder Comics with little bits about each new title. Last but not least you could have a sneak preview for a new upcoming title.

They just don't need to waste the paper on the same ad or preview in every damn comic they publish for that month.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
    This Swamp Thing cancellation is killing me.
    If money is the main issue as well as the location, if the show does well enough I don't see why Wan couldn't find a new producer to work with and actually try filming in Louisiana? Are they still doing tax breaks like a decade or so back when they filmed part of the GL movie there?

As good as this series looks so far, they'd be stupid not to continue with it.

Comment

• Translation: Cheap and Sh*tty. No thanks. I don't lower myself to watching CW shows anymore and they are FREE. WB wants to make that kind of lightweight product and expect me to PAY for it? I don't think so.

Netflix's Daredevil raised the bar for what a comic book tv show can be. I have no interest in lowering the bar. No way I will resubscribe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
        ...They just don't need to waste the paper on the same ad or preview in every damn comic they publish for that month. . .
        Not only that, but they'll actually hype the same event two weeks in a row by interviewing the writer the first week and the artist the second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
          Translation: Cheap and Sh*tty. No thanks. I don't lower myself to watching CW shows anymore and they are FREE. WB wants to make that kind of lightweight product and expect me to PAY for it? I don't think so.

Netflix's Daredevil raised the bar for what a comic book tv show can be. I have no interest in lowering the bar. No way I will resubscribe.
          you could always look at it for free (ILLEGALLY )

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• 'PLL' Alum Drew Van Acker Lands Splashy 'Titans' Role
            Well, now we know what happened to Jason DiLaurentis after he vanished from Pretty Little Liars: He went swimming!

TV Insider has confirmed that Drew Van Acker, whose PLL character was never seen again after escaping the murderous "A" on Freeform's hit in Season 6, will be joining the DC Universe's dark and addictive Titans as Aqualad for Season 2.

Comment

• So the one time a show actually GETS a blonde hair blue eyed Male actor, it's for a part that has a black afro and purple eyes. But any part where the character actually HAS blonde hair and blue eyes, DC screws it up.

Comment

• Pinar Toprak To Score DC Universe’s ‘Stargirl’
                Pinar Toprak (Captain Marvel, Fortnite) revealed in a recent interview on Score: The Podcast that she is scoring the upcoming DC Universe original series Stargirl. The show is based on the DC characters created by Geoff Johns and stars Brec Bassinger, Luke Wilson, Amy Smart, Neil Jackson, Hunter Sansone, Joel McHale and Trae Romano. The drama tells the story of high-school sophomore Courtney Whitmore who inspires an unlikely group of young heroes to stop the villains of the past and reimagines the classic superhero team the Justice Society of America. Johns is also executive producing the Warner Bros. Television production with Greg Berlanti & Sarah Schechter (Arrow, The Flash, Riverdale) and Melissa Carter (Queen Sugar). Stargirl is set to premiere in 2020 on DC Universe’s streaming service.Toprak has also recently scored the second season of Syfy’s Krypton, which currently airs every Wednesday night.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/06...rses-stargirl/

Comment

• THR: 'Flash' Shocker: 'It' Director Andy Muschietti in Talks to Tackle DC Movie
                  Warner Bros.’ Flash movie project has been jolted by lighting.

Andy Muschietti, the filmmaker behind the hit Stephen King adaptation It and the upcoming It: Chapter Two, is in talks to direct the action-adventure project based on the DC Comics superhero. His partner and sister, Barbara Muschietti, will produce, joining Michael Disco on the project.

John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, who wrote drafts of the script and were slated to helm the project, have moved on. However, Ezra Miller, the actor who has long been attached to star as the fleet-footed hero, remains on board to star.

But in a further development, the studio won’t be moving forward with the script Miller co-wrote with comics author Grant Morrison. Instead, Warners will hire Christina Hodson, the scribe behind Bumblebee and the studio's upcoming DC movie, the Margot Robbie-fronted Birds of Prey, to tackle the script. The goal is to be in prep by January.

Dealmaking has not yet begun, stress insiders. Official offers are expected to go out shortly.

Goldstein and Daley’s exit is described as voluntarily, according to multiple sources. The pair have been with the project since January 2018, writing the script and developing it to direct. At one point, the project seemed like it was heading toward a start date in late 2019. But months of tensions over creative differences bogged down the project, with the duo deciding it was time to move on and find new opportunities.

The tensions surfaced around what kind of take was the best fit for a Flash movie. Miller, who has played the character since 2016’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, favored a darker approach, while Goldstein and Daley, the pair who wrote Spider-Man: Homecoming and were behind the comedy hit Game Night, wanted the opposite.

The two sides have been working on compromises since last year, but Miller then made the unusual move to take it upon himself to pen his own script, enlisting the aid of comics superstar Morrison. That script was submitted to the studio in March. By May, the studio rejected his approach, but concluded that Miller should still remain the Scarlet Speedster.

Muschietti hails from the horror world and made his feature debut with Mama, the 2013 thriller that starred Jessica Chastain. His adaptation of It, released in 2017, was a critical and commercial hit, making over $700 million worldwide. Warners is high on the sequel, with the title being the only movie the studio will be showcasing at the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con. With Muschietti being chosen for Flash, the studio is clearly pleased with the filmmaker, too.

If a deal is made, Muschietti will be the latest horror filmmaker to cross over to directing a DC movie after going through the trenches of sister division New Line. James Wan directed Aquaman, a billion dollar hit, while David Sandberg, who directed Annabelle: Creation and Lights Out, made the most recent DC hit, Shazam! Jaume Collet-Serra, who got his start with movies such as House of Wax and Orphan, is attached to helm Black Adam.

Comment

• That chick better not keep playing the Flash.

Comment

• I like him, but not as Barry. If anything, he could play Klarion the Witch Boy. His appearance in the first Fantastic Beasts movie was spot on.

Comment

• Batman Beyond is getting a remastered bluray release:

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• So apparently we're getting Constantine versus Darkseid now. Who thought that's a good idea?
                          Justice League Dark Apokolips War

Comment

• WarnerMedia Streaming Service Gets A Name, Will Include ‘Friends’ Library, Greg Berlanti & Reese Witherspoon Films, CW Series
                            HBO Max will also be the SVOD home to Warner Bros TV’s new CW shows Batwoman and Katy Keene, a spinoff of Riverdale beginning with the fall 2019 season. The two series became available after the CW parents Warner Bros and CBS this past spring opted not to renew the output deal with Netflix for past seasons of CW series, starting with the newly picked up CW shows Batwoman, Katy Keene (WBTV) and Nancy Drew (CBS TV Studios).

HBO Max will not start running the full seasons of Batwoman and Katy Keene until 30 days before the start of their following season, under the terms of the CW’s distribution arrangement. Until then, they will be on the CW platforms as the network continues to have in-season streaming rights to its series.
                            ‘Doom Patrol’ Renewed For Season 2 By DC Universe Via Deal With HBO Max – Comic-Con
                            Doom Patrol will be returning for a second season on DC Universe via a deal with HBO Max, WarnerMedia’s forthcoming streaming service, which has been a champion of the series. The news was revealed today by executive producer Jeremy Carver and series star Diane Guerrero (Crazy Jane) during the show’s panel today at Comic-Con in San Diego.

Under the DC Universe/HBO Max deal, new original episodes of the series will debut in 2020. Additionally, upon the spring 2020 launch of HBO Max, all 15 episodes of Doom Patrol season one will be available for streaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                              I like him, but not as Barry. If anything, he could play Klarion the Witch Boy. His appearance in the first Fantastic Beasts movie was spot on.

I feel the same. He's got talent, but he's just not a good fit for Barry, and the whacky writing for the character doesn't help.
                              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
                              X