GREEN LANTERN January 2012 Solicitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W.West View Post
    I'd love for that to be referenced but I certainly don't expect to be...ever again. It was the last time Sinestro did something interesting.
    It would be awesome to see him take down a few construct to construct and then just shut all their rings down. What I want to know is what happened to the entities.... have they even been referenced since the reboot?

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      I'm wondering if Sinestro still has the same ability to take over other Yellow Rings, like he did with Mongul...
      Originally posted by W.West View Post
      I'd love for that to be referenced but I certainly don't expect to be...ever again. It was the last time Sinestro did something interesting.
      The fact that he's fought two of them makes it seem unlikely that they're keeping that story element. On the other hand, he did have the ability (in both cases) to destroy the rings.

Comment

Jan 2012 Solicits cont'd

For them of us what have been pining "Give Hal back a ring," cover to GL #5 is encouraging. But there's a lot of real estate between #2 and #5 and the solicits are quiet about what to expect, duh. Methinks some drama for and lieth inbetween, and for those who don't like drama, well...

IMHO, he's gotta get the ring back the right way, not as a monkey's paw from Sinestro. Not the first time this tapdance has tantalized a story arc. At the time of the great crisis, one of the Guardians said, "We have based our response to this crisis on what we supposed we knew. If our knowledge has proved incorrect or insufficient--so then has our response." [GL V2 #198 pg 18]. See ya Nov 9th about 10:00 AM after #3 hits the fan.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

I think Sinestro can't shut off the yellow rings without a yellow ring. I think Hal will get a real ring back but that would have to happen after the Guardians are kicked out of their place.
          No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

This is looking good!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
              I think Sinestro can't shut off the yellow rings without a yellow ring.
              That is my take on it as well. If Sinestro had his own ring on, then he could prevent the yellow rings from doing anything, but with a green, he can't It is essentially exactly what he did with Hal, giving him a green ring but him having ultimate control of it. That is probably what he did with the designs of the Sinestro Corps rings.
              "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
              Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
              Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
              who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
              to change the world. This time, Lord...
              Let me be worthy."

Comment

Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
                That is my take on it as well. If Sinestro had his own ring on, then he could prevent the yellow rings from doing anything, but with a green, he can't It is essentially exactly what he did with Hal, giving him a green ring but him having ultimate control of it. That is probably what he did with the designs of the Sinestro Corps rings.

Yeah exactly, apparently making people his bitches is a power he learned with the ring.

Though I do like what is going on with Sinestro and Hal and can't wait to see them storm Korugar and kick the crap out of the Sinestro Corps.
                No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
                  I think Sinestro can't shut off the yellow rings without a yellow ring.
                  Possibly. Though if that was really still supposed to be the case, it was rather idiotic of him to destroy the yellow ring from the Sinestro Corps member he killed, rather than taking it for his own use. If Hal can wear two colors of rings, I expect Sinestro would at least assume he could do the same...

Comment

Maybe it's easier to destroy the rings than to override their programing to search for a replacement.

Comment

Working...
                    X