No announcement yet.

The (New) X-Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because you know... the last two books with these time displaced original five X-Men were just so incredibly well received they had to give them Cyclops back and ANOTHER series.

Can we please shift the focus back to the real modern day counterparts and quit wasting people's time/money/interest on this garbage? NONE of the stories featuring these characters have been that good, this run won't be any better, JUST GIVE US WHAT WE WANT.

You know what would sell better than the time displaced original 5? IDK... maybe a time displaced Wolverine that ISN'T an old man but a younger Wolverine? Since the real deal is dead and now we just have senior citizen Logan... just saying. Makes more sense to me anyway. Get the posterboy for mutant/X comics in the 90's back to what made him great. Get rid of all of this Hugh Jackman influenced leader-like Wolverine with a soft spot bullshit and let's get back to the badass he was meant to be.

~M~

Comment

• Though his ongoing series — the first ever for the original X-Man — was announced in mid-October, Marvel Comics has just now announced the creative team on “Iceman.”

Launching in Spring 2017 as part of Marvel’s ResurreXion initiative, Bobby Drake’s solo adventures will be scripted by Sina Grace, with art by Alessandro Vitti.

The creative team, announced via an interview with Nerdist, also included the first look at Issue #1’s cover, illustrated by series cover artist Kevin Wada.
      Iceman has appeared in numerous cartoons (including a starring role in the ’80s series “Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends) and feature films (played by Shawn Ashmore). Over fifty years after his debut, Iceman came out as gay in 2015’s “All-New X-Men” #40, making him one of Marvel’s most prominent LGBT characters — a fact that will be at the center of the new series’ focus on the hero.

“I think the tension of [Bobby recently coming out] is what makes this the most interesting and fun project to work on. Because it means that he’s been keeping something not only from his friends and colleagues, but also from himself,” Sina Grace told Nerdist. “And if you even just look at his powers, it’s always just sort of been there, for the entire history of the Marvel universe. And leaning into it makes working on the character and understanding all the decisions he’s made to date that much more fascinating. And what he does with that information moving forward is going to inform not only his personal life, but also how he sees himself as a hero.”

“[T]his part of his identity is going to effect the people around him, including some of his ex-girlfriends,” Grace continued, explaining that the fact that Bobby has dated women in the past will be explored. “Part of the story and the adventures he has moving forward include the space where he does have a very touching interaction with one of the ladies, and we might have some more sprinkled in when it’s organic to the book. But that’s something that everyone can relate to, when you’re holding onto something for a long time, and that decision can have an impact on everyone around him.”

Another aspect of Iceman the series will address is the fact that he’s an Omega Level mutant, one of the twelve most powerful mutants in the world — potentially.

“With this series, you’ll see how much knowing yourself and understanding yourself helps inform the scope of your abilities, both as a human being and also as a superhero,” Grace says. “We are gonna play with it to be sure, because this guy is an Omega Level mutant at the end of the day.”

Comment

• Still running the forced homosexuality into the ground, eh, Marvel? That was a terrible move having Grey do that, on so many levels, and this series won't do anything but validate it.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Maybe no one has any good ideas to run the X franchise like Hickman did the Avengers...Maybe this simply is what Marvel has now.

Comment

• Part of me wants to believe Iceman is gay because of that one episode of Family Guy. It aggravates me this sort of thing has to happen to get Iceman a solo series, because lord knows fifty years of material and a fanbase that stretches across decades wasn't enough to warrant a solo title. If continuing this trend of 'oh he's gay now and it'll be a focal point...' is the best idea they've got, then they really don't know shit about the character and all he's accomplished.

I'd honestly hoped it'd just be written off later, the original five would vanish however, and they'd just be seen as alt reality versions of the founding 5 rather than the younger selves of the older mainstream mutants. Asking Marvel to get the X-Men back to a point where all these gimmicks aren't necessary is asking too much though. Seriously, the books are all but completely unrecognizable.

If it were me in the editors chair and the decision came on high to make one of the founding members of the X-Men gay, I'd have probably chosen Beast just because he's had less relationships in the past. Like, his sexuality and relationships have NEVER been that important, it would've given Beast something he lacked. Iceman's been with chicks like Rogue, Polaris, Shadowcat, etc. and now you're gonna say he's been gay the whole damn time?

~M~

Comment

• Marvel dumb

Comment

• I'm not at all excited for the either of the X-Men Blue or Gold team books, but I will give both a chance.

Does this put an end to Extraordinary X-Men book?

What about the other X-Men titles like Uncanny or Wolverine? I can't remember if there's a X-Force title ongoing.
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• X-23 is the new female Wolverine and there's also Old Man Logan running around. I don't think they've announced anything else as far as creative teams and such, but Cable is getting another solo series as well as the New Mutants/Generation X [apparently the original New Mutants fall under Gen X now]. So probably no X Force for the moment...

~M~
                  Ωmega Man
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by Ωmega Man; 12-01-2016, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Christina Strain and Amilcar Pinna Launch New ‘Generation X’ Led By Jubilee

Comment

• After its announcement back in October, Marvel has revealed the creative team for its upcoming “Jean Grey” ongoing series. As announced by Newsarama, the series will be guided by writer Dennis Hopeless (“All-New X-Men”) and artist Victor Ibanez (“Extraordinary X-Men”).

“Jean Grey” will mark the founding X-Man’s first ever ongoing series, a move that Hopeless says “has been a long time coming.” “It’s a sort of trials of Hercules story,” said Hopeless of his new series. “Jean gets a premonition of sorts. She’s told the Phoenix is back in play and that the Earth is doomed unless Jean Grey can step up. Unfortunately, the Jean Grey we have is a wildly unprepared teenager. Our Jean needs to level up in a hurry. She needs to step into those huge shoes and become the full grown badass we all know she will eventually. So… she straps in and heads out to get some life experience.”
                      Following announcements all week long revealing the creators and casts of the next line of X-Men series, Marvel.com has revealed what’s in store for the new “Weapon X” title. The series will be written by Greg Pak with art by Greg Land. The series will mark the first time Pak and Land have worked together since “X-Men: Phoenix – Endsong.” The new “Weapon X” book will star Old Man Logan and Sabretooth as they fight to stop the revived Weapon X program — a program that’s taken an even deadlier turn.

“The Weapon X program is back, and it’s more deadly than ever — but this time its objective isn’t just to use mutants. Now it wants to exterminate them,” said Pak of the new series. “And the powers and abilities of this new Weapon X threat are so terrifying that you need both heroes and villains teaming up to handle it.”

Comment

• Jean Grey series is just lame.

Weapon X series is a predictable turn that takes characters I love (Sabretooth, Domino) and is probably going to do nothing good for them.
                        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• The X-Men have just become so unreadable to me it's ridiculous. 15-20 years ago, I'd have LOVED to see a Phoenix or Iceman ongoing... now?

I'm surprised Angel/Archangel hasn't been given a shot at a solo series since he has all the trappings of some of the other titles. Rich guy with powers, longstanding connection to a popular team, etc...

What's up with young Angel's wings? Is that where he became a new Archangel or something and rather than metal they just changed it up for ****'s sake?

~M~

Comment

• GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, MARVEL, STOP PUTTING GREG LAND ON BOOKS THAT I WANT TO CHECK OUT

Comment

• So...here's hoping Cable has a great team? lol

Comment

• The creative team and plot for the 2017 Cable ongoing series has been announced by Marvel. One-time Cable writer James Robinson is returning to the title, with veteran illustrator Carlos Pacheco, in what is the sixth (and final, for now) X-Men book coming as part of the new "ResurrXion" joint line with the Inhumans.

Comment

Working...
                                X