Maxim's HOT 100 of 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxim's HOT 100 of 2019

"This year we decided to do things a bit differently. The inexorable rise of digital influencers – and a certain progressive social movement you may have heard a little something about – led us to reconsider what it means to be 'hot' in 2019. There’s physical beauty, sure. But that was only part of our attraction algorithm. As a general rule, the women who caught our eye bring something else to the party, succeeding in their chosen field against long odds through sheer determination, raw talent, and a willingness to put themselves out there."

https://www.maxim.com/women/2019-maxim-hot-100-2019-6

Oh, dear... R.I.P., Maxim?

I suspect that text is simply an attempt to put a spin on what will remain a list of hot women, probably still displayed in the magazine wearing skimpy clothes.

Comment

Yeah. The phrase gets bandied around a lot, but this? This is virtue signalling.

Comment

It is funny, though, because who is the virtue signalling for? I mean the folks who normally pick up this issue or care what's in it likely couldn't care less, and the people who might care probably stay as far away from Maxim as they can (and if this somehow suckers them into checking it out anyway, will likely not find the product to match the advertising).

Comment

And even if a group of people got loudly -- and publicly -- angry at Maxim, or even went so far as to boycott them... would this make the people that already buy Maxim stop buying Maxim? Of course not.

Comment

It's insane.

Comment

I'm shocked that Maxim still exists in any medium, even online, especially considering how PC the world has become.

Speaking of PC, I saw that my old thread from nine years ago was bumped. That was a fun stroll down memory lane. Some of the stuff said in there made me chuckle and definitely wouldn't fly in today's world.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                I'm shocked that Maxim still exists in any medium, even online, especially considering how PC the world has become.

Speaking of PC, I saw that my old thread from nine years ago was bumped. That was a fun stroll down memory lane. Some of the stuff said in there made me chuckle and definitely wouldn't fly in today's world.
                It'll still fly on this board, god dammit.

Comment

Working...
                X