Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
    LOL! And THIS is why girl comics are for girls!
    I might've been more into it if they picked Nancy Sinatra singing. That cover is awful.

Comment

• Even in superheroics, if you get all women in a room they will talk about shoes.

Comment

• I'm glad Wonder Woman is the number one movie at the box office for the second week in a row.

I might see it again this week.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• ^Yep. Which speaks highly of it and lowly of The Mummy. Poor Universal, you'll get this monster relaunch going one day.

Comment

• The film was amazing and I'm glad they dropped stuff like Diana having to win the right to go to man's world. I agree Chris Pine stole the show. My seven year old admitted it was the best superhero movie he's seen and he's seen most of them.

I'm a bit miffed the villain looked different from the original images shown. He looked better than the images, but even the toys look more like the original concept art (some sort of animal skull as part of the helmet).

As important as they made that sword I was surprised how that turned out.

~//V\\~

Comment

• The trailers convinced me not to see The Mummy. It looked like they tried to make a "big" story out of it -- like what we see so often in comics now, with the whole damned world always under threat, if not the universe. The classic Universal movies were never about that.

I'm going to say something sacrilegious here. The remaining Universal monster movies should contain no CGI. By its nature, CGI greases the skids for "bigness" to get out of hand.

Something else they probably did wrong was to reboot The Mummy so soon after the highly successful Brendan Frasier movies. Something worked that well that recently, and now you're going to change it? The public probably won't get on board with that.
              Trey Strain
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-13-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                ^Yep. Which speaks highly of it and lowly of The Mummy. Poor Universal, you'll get this monster relaunch going one day.
                I feel bad for Universal. I REALLY want them to get that franchise off the ground but they keep dropping the ball. I actually loved the Wolf Man remake and am still sad that movie wasn't the Launchpad they wanted it to be.

As for Wonder Woman, it has had some good fortune of having nothing but duds in its way. If this were a better summer season it wouldn't be doing as well as it is. Good for WW fans, enjoy it while it lasts!

Comment

• Wonder Woman's definitely my favourite and the best DCEU film so far in my opinion. Cast very well, I disagree that Pine overshadowed Gadot, I think they worked very well together. Costumes were good, my Dad remarked they got the military uniforms and gear right, which a lot of films fuck up on somehow. I liked the plot as well, I can't really fault anything off the top of my head tbh.
                  Originally posted by IonFan
                  (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                  Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                  If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                  Originally posted by Quaker
                  I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• I've encountered someone on another message board that had a problem with the fact that the movie portrayed WWI Germans as mustache twirlingly evil (including a general who was in fact a real, historical person instead of a made-up movie villain) unfairly, in his opinion. Of course he was German, so I imagine he would be more sensitive to that sort of thing.

Just so you don't think he was just uniformly pro-German, he was clear that he doesn't have the same problem when WWII Nazis are portrayed that negatively, but that he thought that WWI wasn't the same in that regard.

Comment

• ^I hear people who make that confusion pretty often, assuming the war issues and mentalities were identical to WWII.

Comment

• I finally saw Wonder Woman last weekend to a STILL packed theater. That goes to illustrate the good word of mouth and popularity of the film.

Act 1 was great. I loved Themyscira its visuals, the Amazons and Diana's training. Chris Pine and Gal Gadot had pretty good chemistry throughout the film. I didn't care for Diana's childlike naivety when it came to humanity, war and the obsession with chasing after Ares. It was a bit too over the top for me.

Ares was a garbage adversary and the final battle was too CGI-infused for me... and I didn't care for Diana using her bracelets to harness and hurl lightning. A better enemy for Diana to fight, and someone that would have been more on her level would have been Circe. Going with the 'betrayal from within' angle while using Ares as a subplot to build for the next installment would have worked better, I think.

Overall, I liked the film; Gal Gadot made an excellent Wonder Woman and everything about Themyscira was fantastic, but their representation of Ares was awful. Still, this movie was fun, and that's the element that has been void in DC's films to date.

Comment

• Yeah, Ares wasn't great and the CGI was pretty bad in the third act, which is why it's not in my top 10 comic book films. However, I still think the film it great and I'm going to see again tomorrow for a matinee.
                          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• WONDER WOMAN College Scholarship Set Up By Warner Bros.

Comment

Working...
                            X