The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 02-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #26
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward

Yes - that was a great one! I imagine a version of "Mogo Doesn't Socialize" would be another great one to see animated!
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #27
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

GREEN LANTERN Animated Series is NOT a spinoff; Will feature Red Lanterns?!

Quote:

Jim Krieg is the story editor for Warner Bros. Animation's upcoming Green Lantern animated series, The Continuum has learned.

Krieg recently wrote the Firebreather animated movie for Cartoon Network. His genre credits also include Batman: The Brave and the Bold, The Super Hero Squad Show and Fox's Spider-Man and X-Men series.

The series is the first computer-generated animated series featuring DC Universe characters. It will focus on Hal Jordan, Kilowog and a Red Lantern. It will not be canon for the live-action movie franchise.

It's likely the new Batman series to follow Batman: The Brave and the Bold will also be computer-generated.
via ComicsContinuum
Old 08-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #28
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Sounds good to me
Old 08-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #29
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

For the love of all things Holy, can we keep the other spectrum lanterns out of this
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #30
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Sounds Atrocious to me

happy that its not a spin-off though.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #31
sKALEyrapp

ive always felt the other spectrums cheapened the main two being the green and yellow
the yellow amped up a threat to the green but the other colors made it all seem normal
it ripped away all the specialness of having a ring and shot it to everyones doing it
Old 08-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #32
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKALEyrapp View Post
ive always felt the other spectrums cheapened the main two being the green and yellow
the yellow amped up a threat to the green but the other colors made it all seem normal
it ripped away all the specialness of having a ring and shot it to everyones doing it
Considering how vast the universe is, it's still a fraction of a fraction of people wielding rings. Though, now that blackest night is over, I think we'll see/hear less of the other corps.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #33
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

It'll probably be a kids cartoon aimed at a younger audience like BB was. The whacky adventures of Hal and his angry curmudgeon friend Atrocitus.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #34
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

What the heck? It focuses on Hal, Kilowog and a RED Lantern? What kind of a bizarre formula is THAT to introduce folks to the GL mythos? (And you KNOW, movie aside, this show WILL be doing that for many.) Couldn't we start with something a bit more basic before tossing in Elements like the Red Lanterns that would require their own detailed explanation? I really hope, now, that the new GL comic aimed at younger readers is NOT based off this. I MIGHT enjoy the show, since I'm already immersed in the GL mythos, but I'm not too psyched about introducing my younger kids to GL with a series with a main character that is a napalm-puking, rage Lantern.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #35
sKALEyrapp

well its my understanding that the blackest night encompassed the whole universe
that means everyone mustve known someone with a ring or got one themselves
Old 08-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #36
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKALEyrapp View Post
well its my understanding that the blackest night encompassed the whole universe
that means everyone mustve known someone with a ring or got one themselves
That's only what, 7 people per sector? 8 if you include 2 GL's per sector. That's still minuscule.

Of course, there were a ton more black rings, but that didn't last too long.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #37
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
What the heck? It focuses on Hal, Kilowog and a RED Lantern? What kind of a bizarre formula is THAT to introduce folks to the GL mythos? (And you KNOW, movie aside, this show WILL be doing that for many.) Couldn't we start with something a bit more basic before tossing in Elements like the Red Lanterns that would require their own detailed explanation? I really hope, now, that the new GL comic aimed at younger readers is NOT based off this. I MIGHT enjoy the show, since I'm already immersed in the GL mythos, but I'm not too psyched about introducing my younger kids to GL with a series with a main character that is a napalm-puking, rage Lantern.
I think by Red Lantern, they just mean that we'll see Atrocitus early on ala Secret Origin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingJohn View Post
That's only what, 7 people per sector? 8 if you include 2 GL's per sector. That's still minuscule.

Of course, there were a ton more black rings, but that didn't last too long.
I think the point is that is that we still have to deal with those color corps instead of the already limitless potential of the GREEN Lantern Corps. Its what we picked up the book for. While the other corps may not be a significant amount of creatures in the universe, it still takes away focus from the most interesting non-one dimensional characters.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #38
sKALEyrapp

yeah west gets the initial idea and complaint
Old 08-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #39
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

I freely admit that the color-coded cavalry is a bit silly, but I see them slowly moving away from it. I've already noticed less of a presence in the books.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #40
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
I freely admit that the color-coded cavalry is a bit silly, but I see them slowly moving away from it. I've already noticed less of a presence in the books.
I could use a LOT less presence! They need to speed up the withdrawl process! The book needs to start being about GREEN Lanterns again.

As far as the cartoon goes, I don't think it's a bad thing to have guest stars from the rainbow brigade era of the book. It'd be nice if every episode featured some kind of cool guest star throughout GL's 70 year history. I just think it'd be lame, even for kids, to make Atrocitus or some other Red Lantern a sidekick in every episode. I guess we'll see what they end up doing sooner or later.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #41
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Remember, it says "will feature", it says nothing about him being a sidekick, he'll probably be a recurring villain, along with Sinestro, Black Hand, etc.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #42
GreenLanternFan5289
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Remember, it says "will feature", it says nothing about him being a sidekick, he'll probably be a recurring villain, along with Sinestro, Black Hand, etc.
That's how I see it
Good time to be a GL fan indeed
With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers
GreenLanternFan5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #43
W.West

Quote:
Well, we have to watch in order for anyone to recur.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #44
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Won't we?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #45
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
So you're saying you wouldn't support the show? You can count on one hand the number of current good cartoons. I'll at least give it look first and then condemn it.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #46
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

Sounds good. Like TF: Prime, Im happy that this is not a spin off. Mostly for any continuity issues it might have with the movie.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #47
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
So you're saying you wouldn't support the show? You can count on one hand the number of current good cartoons. I'll at least give it look first and then condemn it.

I'll
surely watch but who knows about the rest of the world. If they don't watch then we won't get to see certain characters and tap into the potential that the series has.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:27 AM   #48
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

Honestly when I read that synopsis, I instantly thought "So they're doing the Emerald Warriors pitch but using Hal instead of Guy.."

Hopefully this is good though. If its like Brave and the Bold, it'll be somewhat enjoyable at least in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:06 AM   #49
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I most likely won't be watching it on TV, since I don't get cable and I figure the odds of this being on a regular network are about 0.0000001%.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #50
W.West

Not initially no. Its been confirmed for Cartoon Network.