The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 01-29-2015, 07:32 PM   #251
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

I'll be interested in the continued cocoa-fication of film roles when Supes or Bats is cast by a non-caucasian actor....

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Last edited by Tazer; 02-02-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:45 PM   #252
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Terry Crews for Batman,?!!!
Old 01-29-2015, 11:03 PM   #253
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
JOKER-BLOCKING POOOOOWEEEEERRRRR!
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #254
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

I'll be interesting in the cocoa-fication of film roles when Supes or Bats is cast by a non-caucasian actor....

Tazer
i would prefer momoa as batman i mean hey why not?. i dont mind a change to a charachters race as long as the actor is amazing wich he is.

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:47 AM   #255
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Two toy lines based on DC Comics’ Justice League characters are being brought to life through animated movies and short films.

“Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts” will debut May 12, as a direct-to-homevideo animated movie that features Batman, the Flash, Red Robin, Nightwing and Green Arrow as they face off against super villain the Penguin, while introducing cyber animals as new foes. A sequel film will be released around the second half of 2015.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release the “Batman Unlimited” films on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD. In addition, WB will also produce 22 two-minute shorts around the “Batman Unlimited” toys, making them available for free on a variety of digital platforms, while a companion app also will provide young fans with access to content.

Mattel produces the Batman Unlimited action figures which are rolling out onto store shelves now, and feature a new look for the Caped Crusader.

Separately, the DC Super Friends toy line, inspired by the Fisher-Price Imaginext action figures and play sets, will be turned into a series of 15 three-minute animated shorts, also launching in the spring that will be accompanied by an app to further connect audiences to the toys and characters.
Quote:
Both projects are being overseen by Warner Bros. Consumer Products, which is working closely with DC Entertainment and toymakers Mattel and Fisher-Price.

“We are excited to continue to forge new ground with our long-time partners Mattel and Fisher-Price to build on the success of these popular toy lines by bringing the play pattern to life through this original content that we will be able to offer across multiple content platforms,” said Brad Globe, president, Warner Bros. Consumer Products.

Toymakers have long seen animated series as a way to create demand around their playthings, but in most cases the traditional forms of entertainment came first. In this case, Batman and the rest of DC’s characters were already so established it enabled the company to take its time to launch a successful line of toys first and build content around them later.

“We are thrilled to be working with our Warner Bros., Mattel and Fisher-Price colleagues to create new Batman and DC Super Friends kids’ content,” said DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson. “These new animated projects will offer all new Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman adventures that seamlessly jump from toybox to screen.”

The timing of the toy spinoffs come as DC is aggressively ramping up film and TV efforts around its superheroes.

But WB and DC, as well as its toy partners, also see new programming as a way to launch a new wave of action figures with accessories, a new Batmobile, and the all-new CybeRex robot dinosaur, all featured in the “Batman Unlimited” content.

Rubie’s Costumes will also produce dress up gear and costumes, while Thinkway also has new role-playing accessories in the works that are designed around the new movies and shorts, with other licensed apparel and products planned to launch later this year.

DC Super Friends content will also receive new toys based on its animated fare, including a Joker Laff Factory, new Batcave, and books.

“Our longstanding collaboration with WBCP has given Mattel the opportunity to engage fans of all ages with the very best in DC Comics Super Hero play,” said Doug Wadleigh, senior VP and general manager, Mattel Toy Box. “It is a true compliment that our evergreen DC Comics toy lines have inspired a whole new universe of storytelling that will dramatically expand kids’ imaginative play with their favorite super heroes.”
Old 01-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #256
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I hope the Imaginext ones are collected on a DVD at some point. My kid loves those toys, and he really liked the one show "The Joker's Playhouse" (I think that was the name) that came on a DVD with one of the toys.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:12 PM   #257
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

Once again, Hal Jordan is the Green Lantern of the Justice League. And notice the line-up DC keeps using is the new52 roster. So this is why I still think Hal will be in the Justice League movie.

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:03 PM   #258
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN SAID TO HAVE SUPER BOWL TRAILER

The info comes from an advertiser analytics website, ispot.tv; they have it listed a 30-second spot for Batman Vs. Superman will be shown.

The Batman Vs. Superman trailer hasn't been confirmed by Warner Bros., and another rumor has it the Batman Vs. Superman trailer is attached to Jupiter Ascending this Friday, so maybe we'll get a 30-second Super Bowl preview followed by the full trailer.

While Warner Bros. usually skips out on the Super Bowl - there were no Man of Steel or Dark Knight Super Bowl trailers - perhaps WB wants to kick things up a notch as Batman Vs. Superman comes out a couple weeks prior to Marvel's Captain America: Civil War, which is essentially another Avengers movie.

Here is the screenshot with the Batman Vs. Superman trailer listed:

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...r-bowl-trailer

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:40 PM   #259
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Titans TV Series Roster Revealed

A leaked script from TNT’s Titans series has potentially revealed the lineup for the DC Comics television adaptation of the Teen Titans franchise.

Heading the team, unsurprisingly, will be Dick Grayson. According to the pilot’s script, Dick will begin the series as Robin following a recent split with Batman, but will eventually grow into the mantle of Nightwing as he did in the comics. Dick will set up the Titans’ shop in Boston, which is a strong departure from the Titans’ west-coast roots.

Joining Dick from Gotham City will be Barbara Gordon. In this version, Barbara will be Oracle in everything but the name. According to Nerdist’s report on the script, Barbara will be in a wheel-chair and operate as the Titan’s information source, but she will not officially go by the Oracle moniker. This will be Barbara’s first time as a member of the Titans in any medium.

Next are Raven and Starfire, who have been anchoring member of the Titans since Marv Wolfman’s and George Perez’s New Teen Titans series. According to the script, Raven will carry the Rachel Roth alter-ego that Geoff Johns introduced during his run on the Teen Titans. The script didn’t provide any illuminating details on Starfire, other than that she wouldn’t appear until the Pilot’s finale.

Finally, Hawk and Dove will round out the Titans’ initial roster. Hawk will be Hank Hall and Dove will be Dawn Granger, the post-Crisis on Infinite Earths version. The report says that Hawk and Dove will be romantically involved with one another, as they were in the comics series.

Missing from the roster were other Titans stalwarts Beast Boy and Cyborg. While it's possible that they could join the series eventually, according to the report, their inclusion remains uncertain at this point. Beast Boy seems like an eventual possibility, but it's likely that Cyborg will remain off the table, so as not to interfere with the big screen version that will appear in Zack Snyder's Justice League and solo Cyborg film.

source

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/02/tita...ster-revealed/

Old 02-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #260
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
he'd fill out the suit better than MOST of the actors in Hollywood, thats for sure....

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #261
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

imo could be better but whatever

CW Reveals THE ATOM's Costume

Can the man who once played Superman fill the shoes of the Atom? From the looks of it, yes.

E! Online has premiered the first look at Brandon Routh's Atom outfit for The CW's Arrow. This costume has been teased both in the show and in interviews, but will be seen in action for the first time on February 25's Arrow episode.

Although the jury's still out on how fans will take to Routh's new superhero identity, response is said to be positive inside the hit show. So much that Arrow head honcho Greg Berlanti told E! Online earlier that there was "preliminary discussions" about a spin-off show for the Atom with Routh adding that he'd be onboard.

http://www.newsarama.com/23419-cw-re...s-costume.html

Old 02-03-2015, 07:47 PM   #262
Fearless
Agent Orange

Hm, not bad. I like it.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:55 PM   #263
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Oh my god I LOVE it!!

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:58 PM   #264
Mister Ed

I just hope that he does get his own show, or that he shows up on Flash. I don't really want to have to watch Arrow to see the Atom.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #265
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
Hm, not bad. I like it.
the suit looks epic. the helmet is what bugs me. reminds me of swat gear. thats really my only complaint

Old 02-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #266
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I just hope that he does get his own show, or that he shows up on Flash. I don't really want to have to watch Arrow to see the Atom.

Really, you prefer Ray Palmer? Any particular reason? I find him kinda annoying, but that's just me...
Old 02-03-2015, 08:01 PM   #267
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Really, you prefer Ray Palmer? Any particular reason? I find him kinda annoying, but that's just me...
i find the atom a very weird charachter but i do like what routh is doing with him. ive had people ask me if ray is some creepy villain wich i replied no still

Old 02-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #268
Mister Ed

I like the character in the comics. I haven't seen him on Arrow. If Arrow made the character annoying, then that sucks, and is another mark against the show for me. I just thought it would be cool to see a live-action Atom, but was unaware that Arrow had screwed that up already.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #269
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I like the character in the comics. I haven't seen him on Arrow. If Arrow made the character annoying, then that sucks, and is another mark against the show for me. I just thought it would be cool to see a live-action Atom, but was unaware that Arrow had screwed that up already.
i dont know much on atom but i like what i see of him in arrow. he comes off as a rich guy with a good heart but also has this creepy obsession with felicity

Old 02-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #270
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:

Well, as I said, it's just my opinion. Tazz is probably more spot-on, though, citing him as being more 'weird' than annoying; he's eccentric, abrasive at first, though he's since eased up a bit. He's developed more now, and is continuing to do so, but his first impression sticks with me. You might be better off never having see him on Arrow first, if he does indeed get a spin-off.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:10 PM   #271
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Well, as I said, it's just my opinion. Tazz is probably more spot-on, though, citing him as being more 'weird' than annoying; he's eccentric, abrasive at first, though he's since eased up a bit. He's developed more now, and is continuing to do so, but his first impression sticks with me. You might be better off never having see him on Arrow first, if he does indeed get a spin-off.
eh i disagree. i think ed should just watch the scene where palmer is introduced to felicity before the queen buy out

. i mean nobody cant really like or dislike something if they havent seen it

Old 02-03-2015, 08:15 PM   #272
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
i mean nobody cant really like or dislike something if they havent seen it

Sure they can. People do it all the damn time, plenty of whom dwell on these boards.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:20 PM   #273
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I really don't have any problem with the Atom suit, other than it doesn't hide his face. I mean, is Ray Palmer going to be like Tony Stark and say "Look at me! I'm a crime fighter."

Also, I'm not sure if the show is going to change Atom's power set. There hasn't been a hint that the suit will give Ray the ability to shrink. All Ray talks about is building a suit to protect the city.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:06 PM   #274
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
I really don't have any problem with the Atom suit, other than it doesn't hide his face. I mean, is Ray Palmer going to be like Tony Stark and say "Look at me! I'm a crime fighter."

Also, I'm not sure if the show is going to change Atom's power set. There hasn't been a hint that the suit will give Ray the ability to shrink. All Ray talks about is building a suit to protect the city.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Atom's identity is a secret in the comic books. He's an out-superhero. That said, I can't speak to what path the show Arrow will follow, in regards to his identity or power set. You're not wrong, Primus; Ray mentioned hard-light beams before he's mentioned shrinking, which I don't recall he has at all.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:09 PM   #275
Mister Ed

The Atom without shrinking? What's next? The Elongated Man without stretching?