Green Lantern #50 Preview
    Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artists: Billy Tan

12.50%
    37.50%
    37.50%
    12.50%
    0.00%

Never understood why DC put banners for movies on their comics. Not like we're the ones they need to advertise heavilty too.

Like the cover, much better than the one on #49, it could've actually enticed me to check out the issue if I hadn't opened the preview and seen this:

Good art that is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
      Never understood why DC put banners for movies on their comics. Not like we're the ones they need to advertise heavilty too.

Like the cover, much better than the one on #49, it could've actually enticed me to check out the issue if I hadn't opened the preview and seen this:

Good art that is not.
      What's wrong with it? I rather like it.

Comment

Interesting that they had to put Hal in the GL uniform on the cover - the two Hal's in the book - Parallax and Renegade don't really look the part.

But then again, looking at the main Hal - He looks older and has points on his mask. Could Parallax Hal be making a comeback?? Is *he* the headliner in "Hal Jordan and the GLC" title? (then what happens to the other Hal??)

Comment

Imagine if Parallax stuck around. We'd have the best of both worlds.

As complex as the whole convergence ordeal was , I'm thankful that we have such a bizarre situation like this. Let's hope venditti pulls it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post

Good art that is not.
            Tan makes Hal look weirder with each passing book. He looks almost like an alien in that panel.
            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

The cover looks really cool, good artwork. But then Tan's artwork as posted here looks fucking appalling. Isn't it about time they got rid of him?
              Originally posted by IonFan
              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
              Originally posted by Quaker
              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                What's wrong with it? I rather like it.
                I'm just not a fan of his line work, Hal's face for example looks really flat to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                  The cover looks really cool, good artwork. But then Tan's artwork as posted here looks fucking appalling. Isn't it about time they got rid of him?
                  I don't think Venditti or Tan will survive into the relaunch, but you would have to think Tan is the least likely to come back just based on fan feedback alone. Even people that like his work overall have tended not to like the way he draws Hal.
                  "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                  Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                  Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                  who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                  to change the world. This time, Lord...
                  Let me be worthy."

Comment

This was awful.

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
                      This was awful.
                      Just so I know how to weight this review, are you a fan of Parallax as a character?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        Just so I know how to weight this review, are you a fan of Parallax as a character?
                        He's cool. But with Tan's terrible art combined with Venditti's inability to write either Hal... it's just too much.

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
                          He's cool. But with Tan's terrible art combined with Venditti's inability to write either Hal... it's just too much.
                          Thanks. Sadly it isn't like I can bring myself to avoid it, so...

Comment

Hal's Brother is cross eyed.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X