Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like to see Hal starring in a Parallax title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lundonj View Post
    Batman was pretty strong 1-41, JL has been fairly solid. I like the new JLoA book, but it feels more like a mini-series. GL has been mostly a snooze fest with few exceptions, and the GLC - ugh. So, yes, not a whole lot will be missed if they send New 52 packing - and someone else noted if they end it on Free Comic Book Day, it will be around issue #52 for most of the initial series.

And if Hal has a hand in the next big change as Parallax? It could be fun. Whatever anyone's take was on the first Parallax, I was kind of cheering for him to win it all and actually fix the Universe. Maybe he wins this round?

Do it for Coast City. Do it for me.

Hit the big green reset button Hal...

-Don
    Batman has been good but I don't know if I would say it was 'better' per se, Batman has been the DC gold standard for quite some time now. Justice League has been very high quality as they attempt to make it the tent pole title for the entire DCU. I am not sure how much irreplaceable canon would be lost if we switched back though. Besides incredible art what has happened in Justice League that would hurt if lost to the switchback? I couple of cool confrontations with Darkseid but nothing considered all time great. As for Batman, Snyder has been very good but what has happened in Batman in the new 52 that essential to his canon say 15 years from now? The Court of Owls? Maybe but not as essential a tale as Knightfall and everything that happened there is easier to fold into DC 'classic' than all of the classic tales are falling into New52. Like how Bane has been around and broke Batman BUT Azrael is just being introduced . All that being said the possibility of getting classic DC back, the Clark and Lois book and the return of Par(Hal)lax has sparked more interest than anything else DC has done in quite some time which is scary considering their is a Darkseid/AntiMonitor War going on.

Comment

The latest solits in section 0 as well as the solicitation for Superman has me thinking something big is on the horizon, I only wish that there was a mention of the real Alan Scott and Jade in the Earth 2 solit but whose to say that isn't coming too

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
        The latest solits in section 0 as well as the solicitation for Superman has me thinking something big is on the horizon, I only wish that there was a mention of the real Alan Scott and Jade in the Earth 2 solit but whose to say that isn't coming too
        Yah, just read those, we might not be far off of some sort of big change *crosses fingers*
        sigpic
        Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
          Yah, just read those, we might not be far off of some sort of big change *crosses fingers*
          Still unofficial, but the rumor/news site had this:
          http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/12/...omics-in-2016/

So something is rumbling for 2016, and DC needs to make some noise.
          “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Didio and Lee tweeted Rebirth. Now of course it could just mean that Geoff is doing another Rebirth (ala GL and Flash) which has refocused and reintroduced and profoundly changed both title's direction BUT then again, it might mean that Geoff is going to "Rebirth" all of DC, though one could argue he did that with new 52, in actuality what Geoff did on his two previous rebirths was bring back the "classic" version of the character (Hal and Barry) that was around during his childhood. Could he be bringing DC "classic" back again? Only time will tell...

Comment

I think something very different needs to be done with Hal, whether it's as Parallax or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                I think something very different needs to be done with Hal, whether it's as Parallax or not.
                I think this is a very good point. I'd be happy seeing John in a Parallax title.

Comment

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
                  I think this is a very good point. I'd be happy seeing John in a Parallax title.
                  I really can't see that. I'm not even sure that Hal should go back to being Parallax. I'd like to see John on a small team of very good but under-used GLs. I suggested a title for him here. My idea was to put him on a team with Kreon, Ramey Hol and Jack T. Chance.

(BTW, "Lantern Academy" wouldn't be a brick-and-mortar campus but would involve on-the-job training.)

http://glantac.blogspot.com/
                  Trey Strain
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-25-2016, 09:36 PM.

Comment

I really can't see that. I'm not even sure that Hal should go back to being Parallax. I'd like to see John on a small team of very good but under-used GLs. I suggested a title for him here. My idea was to put him on a team with Kreon, Ramey Hol and Jack T. Chance.

(BTW, "Lantern Academy" wouldn't be a brick-and-mortar campus but would involve on-the-job training.)

http://glantac.blogspot.com/
                    yea and maybe bring back Laira (a snake eyes type ninja GL) and Hollika Rahn(Green Magic is my favorite Tale of the Corps), maybe Daggle and the Corpse. To be honest Guy and John can work on a small team, Guy will always be the scene stealing Wolverine type were John more the leader Cyclops type. I prefer Arisia a supporting character and love interest for Hal over in Green Lantern but no doubt she is very popular and could help the Corps book. Always loved the military strategist Kreon, and the duster wearing Jack T Chance.

Comment

yea and maybe bring back Laira (a snake eyes type ninja GL) and Hollika Rahn(Green Magic is my favorite Tale of the Corps), maybe Daggle and the Corpse. To be honest Guy and John can work on a small team, Guy will always be the scene stealing Wolverine type were John more the leader Cyclops type. I prefer Arisia a supporting character and love interest for Hal over in Green Lantern but no doubt she is very popular and could help the Corps book. Always loved the military strategist Kreon, and the duster wearing Jack T Chance.
                      Cool ideas all around.

Comment

If it's me, I'd make Guy and Arisia the stars of The Green Lantern Corps, put John on a small permanent team of four, do something completely different with Hal (yes, I know exactly what I'd do), and finally do something that would surprise the hell out of everyone with the Green Lantern title. Carol Ferris and Ferris Aircraft would not go away, but Carol with super-powers would.

Kyle? I'd try him, Cruz and Baz as a team in a non-Lantern title.
                        Trey Strain
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-26-2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

It would be nice to see Baz in a leading role, I think he's a bit underexposed.

Comment

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
                            It would be nice to see Baz in a leading role, I think he's a bit underexposed.
                            My thinking there is that those three seem to be the odd characters out, and there are WAY too many Earth Lanterns now, so do something else with them, on a team.

Comment

My thinking there is that those three seem to be the odd characters out, and there are WAY too many Earth Lanterns now, so do something else with them, on a team.
                              I'm with you!

Comment

Working...
                              X