• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Lanterns #40 *Preview/Spoilers*

Red Lanterns #40 Preview (Final ISsue)
    Writer: Landry Walker
    Artist: Jim Califiore

So, I thought it was okay, but kind of a let down for a finale.

[SPOILERS]

I liked the story-telling method of going back and forth between his talk with his sister and wordless pages of what he has been doing to combat the Rage virus.

The ending though ... what the heck even happened?! If rings can just switch like that (is that what happened? Does he have blue powers now?), that complicates matters even more. Ugh.

Comment

...so he's de-powered now?

Comment

Guy also has a new background story in Secret Origins #11. I actually liked it quite a bit, haven't read the rest of the issue.

Comment

so he just got rid of the red ring at the last minute...by being hopeful? Now you don't even need to wear a ring to use it's power. How come everyone isn't doing this?

Good riddance to this title. This issue was a waste of the talents of the creators involved.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorock View Post
            Guy also has a new background story in Secret Origins #11. I actually liked it quite a bit, haven't read the rest of the issue.
            And it looks like he was a comic nerd when he was an adolescent (one panel shows him with a couple comics and a long box next to his bed).

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
            so he just got rid of the red ring at the last minute...by being hopeful? Now you don't even need to wear a ring to use it's power. How come everyone isn't doing this?

Good riddance to this title. This issue was a waste of the talents of the creators involved.
            Eh, it was a mixed bag. The pre-Guy stuff wasn't very good, but I liked a lot of it after that (especially the Red Sun arc).

I liked it more than New Guardians most months.

Comment

Not sure what to make of this. Did he ditch his ring? Where did the blue hope light come from? How did he get over the red ring removal problem? Did he have a blue ring? Maybe Saint Walker showed up?

Would he really just drop the ring on the ground for some jerk to pick up?

And... did anyone else notice his hand hidden or in his pocket for the remainder of the frames?

Comment

My take was that all his hope converted the red ring into blue (temporarily) and later he abandoned it, but it was about as clear as mud.

Comment

Working...
                X