Justice League: Darkseid War - Green Lantern #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    True. Actually, they should've addressed that this issue, but instead they acted as if this was Hal's first time with godlike omnipotence.
    No, I think the issue was written with his previous decisions in mind. He actually came to a similar conclusion as he did to first become Parallax - only he could fix it, despite John's warning to not take the God job.

We didn't have a flashback balloon, it was more subtle, and I think really well written for a one shot. And the art was unique, simple line work that worked perfect for the story.

In this instance, he took his shot, realized what to do and did a reset. Kind of like he was trying to do before - agreeing or disagreeing with editorial fiats back in the day.

To me, this was a suggestion of what would have happened if Parallax won.

-Don
    Lundonj
    Sinestro's Sparring Partner
    Last edited by Lundonj; 12-12-2015, 12:14 AM.
    “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Highball2814 View Post
      When can we get the action figure? lol

Minus some of the continuity flubs, it was written really well. I agree this creative team would be better than the one we got.
      It was only one story, but it seemed to combine nearly every take we have read of Hal - ever - rolled up in one book. I had to read a couple times, and the more I read it, the better it got.

So, yes, I agree, much better than the current creative team - although last issue finally got interesting in the regular series.

-Don
      “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
        Can Tom King be the new Green Lantern writer please???? This issue was great! Best Hal Jordan story I've read in years. Tom King gets Hal Jordan's characterization perfectly! A lot better than Venditti does anyway. And I wouldn't mind seeing Doc Shaner on GL too. His art has an old school look to it and I think it looks good with the GL universe.

5 stars from me
        Five stars for me too. And I would love to see this creative team get another shot at GL.

-Don

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
          Pretty much that.
          DC is kind of doing the Marvel thing - which isn't always a good idea. The stories are all in continuity, they just place them on the timeline like a puzzle when they are all done.

And Geoff Johns ignores most of the reset stuff altogether, which I think is a decent strategy. Pushing for some sense of continuity rather than reset/reboot every 26 months.

-Don

Comment

Originally posted by Lundonj View Post
            Five stars for me too. And I would love to see this creative team get another shot at GL.

-Don
            FYI, it's no big deal, but in the future try "muli-quote" when you're doing these back-to-back replies. Hit the multi quote button for all the posts you want to quote in the order you want and make sure to hit "quote" for the last one. Then you can just reply in between the quote blocks (or even edit them down if you want to highlight certain sentences).

Comment

FYI, it's no big deal, but in the future try "muli-quote" when you're doing these back-to-back replies. Hit the multi quote button for all the posts you want to quote in the order you want and make sure to hit "quote" for the last one. Then you can just reply in between the quote blocks (or even edit them down if you want to highlight certain sentences).
              I am starting to recall VR board format - it has been about five years. Heck, it took me a week to format my avatar properly. In a couple months the rusty memory will clear up and I will - hopefully - not appear as a message board newb.

Comment

Originally posted by Lundonj View Post
                I am starting to recall VR board format - it has been about five years. Heck, it took me a week to format my avatar properly. In a couple months the rusty memory will clear up and I will - hopefully - not appear as a message board newb.
                Most of us try not to call out or badly treat real newbs anyway. I just posted that because it could save you some space and time. Of course, if you're trying to upgrade your title (which changes with number of posts) you might want as many posts as you can get. But most people don't worry about their title until it hits a certain one. Then they notice.

Comment

Most of us try not to call out or badly treat real newbs anyway. I just posted that because it could save you some space and time. Of course, if you're trying to upgrade your title (which changes with number of posts) you might want as many posts as you can get. But most people don't worry about their title until it hits a certain one. Then they notice.
                  Not too worried about post count at this point in life. I'm just happy this place is still here. My first run here, I can't even remember what my rank was, but I did jump into a bunch of threads.

And this place has been really kept up well, when so many other message boards have vanished.

More GL conversations make the Universe a better place.

Comment

Working...
                  X