The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 09-26-2019, 05:22 AM   #151
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

In the interest of full disclosure, no one would ever call me a "man's man." I have no passion for cars, the outdoors, or any sort of alcohol. Many of the stereotypes about comic book nerds apply to me: bookish, introverted, weird.

That being said, my moment of supreme manliness came during a wrestling match in high school. It's one of the few things that I can remember about HS since it's so far in my rear view mirror. I was wrestling a guy who was undefeated and much stronger than I was. However, I had scouted him and I knew that I might be able to gas him in the 3rd period *if* I could last that long. My strategy worked, but something unexpected happened.

He was a master of throws, and he had tossed me around for two periods. I was beaten up and exhausted. However, I felt him start to weaken as the 3rd period progressed. I hit several moves that closed the gap in scoring and I sped up the pace. Then I managed something that I didn't think I could do: I turned him to his back. Yet this came at a price. As the ref was checking his shoulders, I vomited in my mouth. I knew that if I let it hit the mat, the ref would stop the match, and I would likely not be able to get a chance at pinning this guy again. So I gritted my teeth and swallowed the puke. I got more than just the pin that night, I got a story that's been grossing out people for nearly 30 years.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #152
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote