The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 04-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #51
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

The Return of Grant Morrison's 18 Days
Old 04-26-2015, 01:53 AM   #52
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:49 PM   #53
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

I feel like I should buy this based off the name alone.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:10 PM   #54
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

So on Free Comic Book Day I picked up the first trade of Saga and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will definitely be picking up the rest of it.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:51 AM   #55
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
So on Free Comic Book Day I picked up the first trade of Saga and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will definitely be picking up the rest of it.
We talk about it in the Image Comics thread sometimes; you made the right decision.

Giant Days is just plain fun. Love it.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:51 AM   #56
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I miss Saga. I made the mistake of investing in the super duper deluxe hardcover edition and now I have to wait until like 4 arcs are done before another volume comes out.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:55 PM   #57
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I miss Saga. I made the mistake of investing in the super duper deluxe hardcover edition and now I have to wait until like 4 arcs are done before another volume comes out.
Double dip!
Old 06-29-2015, 09:31 PM   #58
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Last edited by Hypo; 06-30-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:59 AM   #59
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 08-12-2015, 11:05 PM   #60
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Klaus #1 Variant Cover by Chris Burnham

Old 08-18-2015, 12:38 AM   #61
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Klaus #1 Variant Cover by Frazer Irving

Old 09-05-2015, 12:41 AM   #62
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 09-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #63
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Finally read Plutona #1. Still wish it was an X-book, though I understand why its not. Too heavy of a focus on citizens than powers;at least in the first issue. Although with all the random post-Secret War books being announced these days, I don't see why this couldn't fair just as well on market. Especially knowing that Lemire is now shown as the head X-writer.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:37 AM   #64
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

AfterShock Comics Announces First Wave of Books
Quote:
AfterShock Comics officially unveils details on its inaugural four titles, including a highly-anticipated project from comic veteran Garth Ennis (Preacher, The Punisher). The company, whose editorial team is headed by former Marvel Executive Editor Mike Marts and Eisner Award-winning publisher and editor Joe Pruett, will be rolling out nearly one title per week beginning in December.

AfterShock also announced deals with both Brian Azzarello, whose 100 Bullets series by Vertigo and DC was recently picked up by New Line, and Adam Glass, Executive Producer of CBS’ Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders and CW’s juggernaut series Supernatural.

The initial AfterShock comics, crossing a variety of genres, include:

· Replica, debuting December 1 from writer Paul Jenkins (Batman: The Dark Knight, Spider-Man, Wolverine: Origin) and artist Andy Clarke (Batman, Judge Dredd);

· InSeXts, debuting December 9 from writer Marguerite Bennett (Batgirl, Sleepy Hollow, A-Force) and artist Ariela Kristantina (Wolverines, Deep State);

· SuperZero, debuting December 16 from writers Amanda Conner (Harley Quinn) and Jimmy Palmiotti (Deadpool, Jonah Hex, Daredevil), and artist Rafael de Latorre;

· Dreaming Eagles, debuting December 30 from Ennis and Simon Coleby (2000 AD, The Authority).

“With this first slate of AfterShock comics, we’re not only showcasing our quality of content, but also our commitment to deliver creator-owned comics that appeal to a diverse base of readers and fans,” said Editor-in-Chief Mike Marts. “From writers like Garth Ennis to Brian Azzarello and Adam Glass, we’re producing exciting, creative content with the best story tellers in the business – and this is just the beginning.”

Adam Glass, whose title will debut during the first quarter of 2016, added, “AfterShock’s roster of talent is out of control and they are about to change the game. To just be mentioned in the same breath as some of these writers is an honor and I’m excited to be a part of this.”

Other top writers and artists who recently inked deals with AfterShock include John Layman (Chew, Detective Comics, Batman Eternal), Szymon Kudranski (Penguin: Pride and Prejudice, Avengers), Sam Kieth (The Maxx, Sandman, Batman), Ray Fawkes (Constantine, Batman Eternal, Mnemnevore), David Hine (Batman, District X, Mutopia), Alberto Ponticelli (Unknown Soldier, Dark Knight) and Ryan Parrott (Batman: Gates of Gotham, Star Trek: Starfleet Academy, and NBC’s Revolution).
Old 09-10-2015, 05:47 AM   #65
W.West

Remind me when they actually announce what Azzarello is doing instead of just name dropping.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:25 PM   #66
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Earlier this year, Boom! Studios made headlines when it announced it would debut a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers comic in partnership with Saban Brands. Now, EW can exclusively reveal that fans can expect the debut of issue #0 in January.

The series will be penned by Kyle Higgins, who is known for his work on popular DC titles such as Batman Eternal and Nightwing, with an artist to be named at a later date. The #0 issue will also include a short story written by Mairghread Scott (Transformers: Windblade, Toil and Trouble) and illustrated by Daniel Bayliss (Translucid) that was released as part of a promotional campaign during this year’s San Diego Comic Con.

Further details on the comics are being kept under wraps, but BOOM! Studios Editor-in-Chief Matt Gagnon has previously states that, “fans of BOOM! know we treat the existing properties we collaborate on with a focus on authenticity and quality. That’s the same sensibility we’re applying here. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers have an awesome fan base and we can’t wait to show them how much fun we’re having.”

Old 09-30-2015, 01:28 AM   #67
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Woohoo, Giant Days is now an ongoing!
Old 09-30-2015, 05:43 AM   #68
W.West

I will definitely read MMPR if the art is at least decent.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:48 PM   #69
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Klaus #1 Preview
Writer: Grant Morrison
Artist: Dan Mora

Old 10-12-2015, 11:26 PM   #70
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 10-12-2015, 11:27 PM   #71
Space Cop
The Dandy

^Good; I'm ready for more Niles' vamps.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #72
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
The burgeoning AfterShock Comics line continues to expand with another new series from a high-profile creative team: Brian Azzarello and Juan Doe will team for the first time for "American Monster," announced Wednesday by the publisher.

Here's the official description: "War changes people. The person who leaves is never the person who returns. Theo Montclare is such a person. Horribly scarred and disfigured during his tour of duty, Theo returns to the small Northwestern town that was once his home a changed man, transformed emotionally and physically, both in appearance and in perception. But is he a returning hero or a modern day Frankenstein?"

Azzarello, best known as the co-creator of "100 Bullets," is currently co-writing DC Comics' much-publicized "The Dark Knight III: The Master Race" alongside Frank Miller. Doe has illustrated Marvel series including "X-Men: The 198" and "Legion of Monsters," along with stylish cover illustrations at a number of publishers.

"American Monster" is scheduled to launch in January 2016, and is the fifth AfterShock series to be announced; following December-debuting titles "Replica" from writer Paul Jenkins and artist Andy Clarke
, "InSeXts" from writer Marguerite Bennett and artist Ariela Kristantina
, "SuperZero" from co-writers Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti, and artist Rafael de Latorre
 and "Dreaming Eagles" from Ennis and Simon Coleby.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:33 AM   #73
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I will definitely read MMPR if the art is at least decent.
Hendry Prasetya will be the artist.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:09 AM   #74
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Harrow County is an excellent horror comic. And the first 5 issues are currently $0.99 on comixology if digital is your thing.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #75
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Harrow County is an excellent horror comic. And the first 5 issues are currently $0.99 on comixology if digital is your thing.
Just bought all 5 digitally. I would normally try #1 before committing to more, but I didn't want to miss the sale and I usually dig Bunn's writing.