Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Ryan Reynolds reprise Hal Jordan for the new DCU movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me this instead.
    Proud owner of a Justice League Europe number 1 issue.
    Which currently is worth less than my Kick-Ass 2 issue 1.

Comment

I've always like this suggestion.

If they replace Ryan Reynolds they have to replace Blake Lively as Carol Ferris too.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
          I've always like this suggestion.

I made this a while back for a draft... (G'nort is Michael Richards. )

Comment

A GLC sequel with John an Guy as supporting characters for Hal would be cool. And Stiffler as Guy Gardner would be perfect.

Comment

Stiffler/Guy as the lead GL would be a disaster, and would never be taken seriously, just like the idea of Jack Black being a GL. I'd rather go with Kyle... and no mixed personality hybrid crap.

Originally posted by CaptainFrxz View Post

Give me this instead.
              I second that!

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                Stiffler/Guy as the lead GL would be a disaster, and would never be taken seriously, just like the idea of Jack Black being a GL. I'd rather go with Kyle... and no mixed personality hybrid crap.
                Oh, I agree. I just like tossing that image in whenever I get an excuse.

Comment

It's an awesome image.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                    For the record, I was joking with the Jack Black pic.

Comment

Out with the old, in with the new. This is nothing against Reynolds (or Mark Strong, who nailed it even better), but I don't want to be reminded of that movie ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                        It's an awesome image.
                        I'm curious. Is Google customizing my results, or does that image show up on the first page of results for other people, when they do an image search for "Guy and his G'nort"?

Comment

Fifth image on page one.

Comment

Gee, that probably makes me feel much more cool than it should.

Comment

The main thing in my mind that keeps Hal and Reynolds in the mix is that given the characters they have so far, does WB *really* not want anyone in there who can bring a little bit of levity to the proceedings? John Stewart used to have a sense of humor in the old days, but the biggest argument for having him is that he was in the animated series, and there he was portrayed as uptight and super serious. I wasn't the biggest fan of how Hal was portrayed in the Nu52 JLA and "JL:War" but at least his personality served as a contrast to the humorless "Big 3" (Aquaman and Cyborg were also pretty serious - the Hal/Barry banter was a nice relief)

Comment

He did better in the role than I thought he would. But if there's going to be a reboot, nobody needs to be reminded of the first movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X