The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lanterns
FLASHCHAT

Green Lanterns
View Poll Results: Rate GLs Rebirth #1
* 5 23.81%
** 3 14.29%
*** 9 42.86%
**** 3 14.29%
***** 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2016, 07:23 PM   #51
KilowogsDisciple
Banned

Dude, this is great! Fuck you, ban me and find someone else to fuck your mom!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

KilowogsDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #52
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

so let me get this straight: You read the issue You hated it, or at least hated it enough to rate it one star.

THEN, you chat with EVS, and when he appeals to you to give it a chance, in a pathetic attempt to lick his boots you decide you were wrong and now it's all great. You sir, are all kinds of awesome The best kind of comic fan. I can't tell you how much I value your opinion on the subject of comic books now.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:41 PM   #53
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
So you thought the issue sucked, until EVS told you it DIDN'T suck...at which point you agreed with him that it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
What a presumptuous piece of shit you are. I already explained myself once, and no this time you can't barter your mom for me to repeat it. Wait,
this is the most fun I've had in five minutes. You and Hypo are too much fun. Carry on, Big Daddy Suckpump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
Go ahead and ban me, fuckboy, and tell your mom to stop calling me.
Well this still applies:

Quote:
Well THAT seems like a rational response.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:44 PM   #54
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Well this still applies:
It certainly does.

I am STARTING to think there is something wrong with this kid. Do his parents know he is online without their permission?
Old 06-12-2016, 08:39 PM   #55
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I'd let this drag out for my amusement, but I don't have time for this tool today.

Enjoy your sweet, sweet taste of my banhammer:

Old 06-13-2016, 12:29 AM   #56
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Thumbs up

Quote:
so let me get this straight: You read the issue You hated it, or at least hated it enough to rate it one star.

THEN, you chat with EVS, and when he appeals to you to give it a chance, in a pathetic attempt to lick his boots you decide you were wrong and now it's all great. You sir, are all kinds of awesome The best kind of comic fan. I can't tell you how much I value your opinion on the subject of comic books now.
I'm reading this outside as I have a smoke, and I just laughed so loud it echoed into the field and forest and even pissed off the naughty dogs living two houses down. WORD. Lolololololololol

I shit you not: I found these already made up on teh intarwebs (it's like they knew I was coming)

Old 06-13-2016, 01:57 AM   #57
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Wowwwwwwwww

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:59 AM   #58
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Had a busy day, but GOT just ended so I should make time to comment. The guy was clearly trying to go out in a blaze of troll glory. He went off on Hypo for no reason other than questioning his logic. Could I let that go? Sure, but the poster was itching for it and it was going to go on.

We get a lot of flack (deservedly so) for letting Tazz back again and again for sheer amusement when things were too quiet. That's on me as much as any other mod if not more. We like to play it loose and let posters have fun here busting each other's balls, but that's not what KD was going for, I assure you. I've dealt with too many TRUE trolls in my time.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:36 AM   #59
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Me, coming into this thread and seeing the posts of the last 24 hrs.

Fear the banners and the Wildcat bite!
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #60
Star-Lantern
Green Lantern Initiate

I gave the comic one star because I'm against the premise of the whole thing. I really think these new characters are completely unnecessary and ultimately detrimental and I'm not excited about seeing Green Lanterns fighting Red Lanterns. Honestly, the fight with the Sinestro Corps in the other book makes sense for how the story has been building for the past two or so years, so it seems inevitable, but this Red Lantern thing, teamed with these characters, teamed with Larfleeze, who appears on the cover of a upcoming issue, gives me the impression that this entire book is just here to stroke Geoff Johns' ego.

As for how this particular comic was executed... it was... okay-ish. The dialogue/monologues weren't bad until Baz and Cruz met, at which point I felt their rivalry was forced and unfolded way too quick for what was going on. There were instances of good art, and some awkward stuff, in my opinion. The action, what little there was, was dull and uninteresting. So, there was nothing that changed my mind about my feelings about this current direction, but the comic wasn't the worst I've ever read. I did read the preview for the upcoming Green Lanterns #1, and I just thought that was altogether bad.
Star-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:04 PM   #61
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Lantern View Post
I gave the comic one star because I'm against the premise of the whole thing. I really think these new characters are completely unnecessary and ultimately detrimental and I'm not excited about seeing Green Lanterns fighting Red Lanterns. Honestly, the fight with the Sinestro Corps in the other book makes sense for how the story has been building for the past two or so years, so it seems inevitable, but this Red Lantern thing, teamed with these characters, teamed with Larfleeze, who appears on the cover of a upcoming issue, gives me the impression that this entire book is just here to stroke Geoff Johns' ego.

As for how this particular comic was executed... it was... okay-ish. The dialogue/monologues weren't bad until Baz and Cruz met, at which point I felt their rivalry was forced and unfolded way too quick for what was going on. There were instances of good art, and some awkward stuff, in my opinion. The action, what little there was, was dull and uninteresting. So, there was nothing that changed my mind about my feelings about this current direction, but the comic wasn't the worst I've ever read. I did read the preview for the upcoming Green Lanterns #1, and I just thought that was altogether bad.

I'm thinking that HJ&TGLC will be the good title, and GLs will be the crap rainbow brigade title. The former has all of the characters that are worth a shit, heroes and villains. The latter is pretty much everybody I want kept AWAY from the GL mythos.

Maybe this was by design. DC HAS to know this title is going to flop. It has fail written all over it. HJ&TGLC will be the title to survive once this twice a month thing wears out it's welcome and DC is ready to start wave two.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:53 AM   #62
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Man, that was entertaining!

Last night, I read a couple of GL issues for the first time in MONTHS, and that's partially why I haven't been around lately. I don't want to get spoiled by the convo here. I'm going try and get back into reading regularly, but it's been tough... and Tan isn't helping.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:16 PM   #63
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Y'know what, though? Granted that I haven't seen much of Baz in a while, and he never made all that much of an impression on me, I still got the same vibe off this as I did off John Stewart in Cosmic Odyssey, that they changed the character's personality into something more obnoxious and overconfident (arrogant almost) just so he could fill a certain role in the story. In his interactions with Jessica, he seems kind of insufferable, and tries to portray himself as a seasoned GL, and I don't recall him acting like that ever before...
Old 06-14-2016, 01:51 PM   #64
Space Cop
The Dandy

^^I thought the same thing, but I suppose he could have gone power hungry. My mother had a coworker that was really friendly and everyone loved, but they made him boss and he became a standoffish tyrant in the workplace. Maybe Simon has management syndrome--he finally gets one GL even greener than him (no pun intended) and he wants to pull rank.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:52 PM   #65
BLACK HAND
Manhunter Repairman

I'm still not very into the new Lanterns but I liked the story, the art was cool, Atrocious looked incredible, seems like there are some sufficently horrific challenges on the horizon, but the characters don't work for me. Simon comes off as a jerk (why doesn't he know what happened to the corps when he was with them in Edge of Oblivion?) and I don't get how someone afraid to go into public could be worthy of a power ring. I'm in it to see where it goes, it was an okay issue, but like I said just not into the characters.
BLACK HAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:18 PM   #66
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK HAND View Post
...Simon comes off as a jerk (why doesn't he know what happened to the corps when he was with them in Edge of Oblivion?)...
I'd have to say that they're actually playing it like he stayed on earth, thus playing off Lost Army (where he wasn't seen), but ignoring EoO.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:55 PM   #67
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

ok so 5 stars is the best ever: Sinestro Corps War, COIE or Great Darkness Saga, 4 stars is pretty good Morrisson's JLA run, 3 stars ok but nothing special Blackest Night, 2 is meh and 1 star is "a tree died for this" + "I'll never get those few minutes back". On that scale it gets two stars, not the worst read, and who knows it might improve.
EmeraldGladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:09 AM   #68
Star-Lantern
Green Lantern Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I'd have to say that they're actually playing it like he stayed on earth, thus playing off Lost Army (where he wasn't seen), but ignoring EoO.
Simon was in the final issue of Lost Army. It's just shoddy writing and continuity.
Star-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #69
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Lantern View Post
Simon was in the final issue of Lost Army. It's just shoddy writing and continuity.
Forgot that. Thanks. Yeah, it's really a mess. If they just had the Corps back, I'd say they were pulling a Marvel and setting up a different continuity (like JLA did), but it's like they're picking some elements of LA/EoO and ignoring other parts. Weird.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:53 AM   #70
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

wow, I just saw this little meltdown.

that was pitiful