Post your ring collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your ring collection

Everyone knows all Green Lantern fans own a few rings. Some wearable, some not. And since I was inspired by finding this guy's collection
    http://www.deviantart.com/download/8...tlet101010.jpg

I decided to take a picture of my own collection

So who else has a collection to show off?
    Limelantern
    Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined
    Last edited by Limelantern; 07-11-2008, 01:26 AM.

where did you get the sinestro ring

Comment

You may have to be a tad more specific......

Comment

any of them

Comment

Expect the one that came with the Sinestro statue, I have made all of them. The brass ones were made with help from a friend of mine in a sand mold several years ago. I was actually inspired to make them just after the bust and ring was releases in 02' I think. The little black and yellow one was my first attempt at molding resing rings. And all of the others were a later attempt at the same thing. The ones with a jewel fromt are the ones that the face did not mold correctly so I dremeled the Parallax symbol off and replaced it with a picture of one with a plactic jewel over it

Comment

I have a few rings but nothing close to your collection. I have a alan scott figure with his ring in it but ... its signed by nodell so I can't open it.

Comment

These are jus the rings from my own mold... and three of them are goign to get sent to their new home soon.

Those that never take risks never know what could have been

I make kyle rayner rings... contact me for pics and pricing info

draft picks:
              1. Terminator T-800 (Indy/Dark Horse)
              2. Unicron (Indy/IDW)
              3. Ultron (Marvel)
              4. Metallo (DC)
              5. Freddy Krueger

Comment

Since you asked...

Since you asked, I'll show off all the rings I've got pictures of... I think there's still one or 2 I need to photograph.

Be warned: This post WILL be image intensive! It is NOT recommended you try to view this post on dial-up!
                YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

The first power ring replica I ever got my hands on was one of the first ones offered...

DC's promotional Glow-in-the-Dark Power Ring that was given away with issues of Green Lantern: Mosaic # 1.

My next replica came to me in 1998, when DC Direct offered their now-famous wearable power ring replica. I was one of the lucky fans that had the foresight to pre-order one in my size from my local comic shop for the issue price ($60, if I remember correctly,) thus avoiding what many fans went through to get one: Paying $400 on eBay!

Then around 2000 or so, EmeraldDawn.Com (run by our very own Lord Malvolio!) was selling some fan-made resin power rings, so I bought a few, including the first ever replica (that I know of) of Sinestro's yellow power ring! ^_^

That's the first version of Sinestro's yellow ring, based on the artwork of Gil Kane!

Then, a couple years later, I bought the ULTIMATE wearable power ring prop... the ring I affectionately refer to as "My Precioussss"....

A 14K GOLD REPLICA OF SINESTRO'S FIRST YELLOW POWER RING! ^_^

Thanks to eBay, I also got my hands on one of the early prototypes for the limited edition GL Power Ring that was given to dealers at the Florida Expo (FX) '96 convention:

Then, of course, DC Direct REALLY made my day, when they released Hal Jordan's Power Battery, complete with a version of his Power Ring! ^_^

And they followed that up with high-quality (but non-wearable) metal power ring props that were sold along with mini-busts of the character that wore that particular ring. I own all 4 in the series:

DC Direct later reissued those 4 rings (with some noticable differences, such as a different color paint, the elimination of the enamel inlay on the Kyle Rayner ring, etc.) in a 5-piece "Kingdom Come Planet Krypton Power Ring Gift Set". The 5th ring? The previously unreleased ring worn by the Crime Syndicate of Amerika member Power Ring! As with the 1998 power ring replica, I pre-ordered this one ahead of time to make sure I got it. Good thing, too, because these also command a hefty price on eBay!

Just last year, I was one of the lucky few that actually RECEIVED the rings I ordered from the infamous GLKING, so here they are:

Also in 2007, I ordered Arroba Silver's GL Corps Class Ring!

And just this week, my latest addition arrived...

That's one of the "blind bagged" promotional rings distributed at the 2006 Sandy Eggo Comic Con!

There's also a Hal Jordan version, which is similarly translucent. I'm working on finding one of those, so that I'll have both.

Comment

holy crap, Jack....You're puttin us all to shame.

Well, I can add two more to my tally:
                  Those that never take risks never know what could have been

I make kyle rayner rings... contact me for pics and pricing info

draft picks:
                  1. Terminator T-800 (Indy/Dark Horse)
                  2. Unicron (Indy/IDW)
                  3. Ultron (Marvel)
                  4. Metallo (DC)
                  5. Freddy Krueger

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Rayner View Post
                    holy crap, Jack....You're puttin us all to shame.
                    Now you know why, back in the days when the official DC Comics Message Boards were actually TOLERABLE, some of the members over there officially declared me a Green Lantern Super Fan!

And that's also why I'm one of the people Jim mentioned by name when asking for help compiling his list of officially licensed GL merchandise for the site!

This is what happens when you've been a bachelor too long... with no woman in my life, I have LOTS of money to spend on stuff that I like!
                    Jack T. Chance
                    Really knows where his towel is!
                    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 07-24-2008, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I'm a forgetful SOB...

OK, I just realized there's at least 1 ring I forgot...

I also have the chrome-plated ring that Hot Topic carried a few years ago, made by the same company that makes the officially licensed belt buckles. Here's what it looks like:

Comment

Making more starting yesterday, actually. Shame I ran out of that mixed green sculpey.

Yeah, I need a better pic. When I'm done a couple more.
                        Attached Files
                        Gauntlet101010
                        Alpha-Lantern
                        Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 08-02-2008, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
                          Making more starting yesterday, actually. Shame I ran out of that mixed green sculpey.

you make rings too?
                          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post

So you're the one that made those rings, a friend of mine emailed me a link to that very pic
                            and I posted a link to your pic on my first post, not sure if you noticed.

But I had a question, The dark ring with the skull on it is a anti-green lantern corps ring right? What are the other two to the left of it?

Comment

Oh, heh, I didn't notice! I was distracted by the nice pictures. But yeah, that's me ... see the account name? I'm, consistant if nothing else.

And, no, that isn't the anti-GL ring. The skull ring beside the Saphire ring is from the Revenge Squad story from Morrison's JLA. Now, technically, it doesn't count since the ring itself is just a hologram. But it had style!

The ring beside that one is the Indigo Lantern ring, as I'm fairly certain they will have a ring. The one beside that one, however, is the Qwardian anti-GL ring. Some were presented as blue colored symbol-type rings, but on some occasions, where the ring is shown close up, it looks like that.

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs30/f/20...tlet101010.jpg - this gives a bit of a better look. It also shows that the two symbol-type rings are different int heir bands.

I really don't like how that future criminal-GL ring (from Kyle's run) looks though. I was running out of sculpey at the time and that was attempt #2. Maybe I'll remake it... but that one's a real pain since it's very boxy. The band is very, very thin.

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                              you make rings too?
                              Yeah. I was tempted to buy them, but they'd never make the selection I'd want. Plus, the Planet Krypton set is so expencive .... and you can't even wear them! After reading the Sin Corps War story I really wanted a ring for each Corps. But if I'm going to make 8 rings, then why not make 11 more, amirite?
                              Gauntlet101010
                              Alpha-Lantern
                              Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 08-03-2008, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X