Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want Tyrese to be GL in the DC cinematic universe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want Tyrese to be GL in the DC cinematic universe?

Because he does.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58806

For me, if they have to have John Stewart on the Justice League right off the bat (and that would be a mistake, in my opinion)... then I really wouldn't mind it at all. I'm imagining the banter between Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Jason Momoa, and Tyrese, and I'd imagine it'd be pretty priceless.
    Hell yes!
    0.00%
    Yes
    15.79%
    No
    26.32%
    Aw, hell no!
    36.84%
    Well, if it HAS to be John Stewart then yes
    21.05%

well for one dc needs to move the movie from 2020 to 2018 at least. secondly i like gibson but he wouldnt be my pick for gl. i think depending how ff does dc should try to get michael b jordan because 1. hes young. 2 they can use him for sequels and 3. make hal jordan the villain by being parallax that way your killing 2 birds with one stone
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
      3. make hal jordan the villain by being parallax that way your killing 2 birds with one stone
      You know the golden boy CCO would never let them do that. He's even the guy that nixed the whole foreshadowing of Parallax in the original Green Lantern movie script with Hal getting the white temples at the end after going into the Central Power Battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
        You know the golden boy CCO would never let them do that. He's even the guy that nixed the whole foreshadowing of Parallax in the original Green Lantern movie script with Hal getting the white temples.
        keep the cco away from it plain and simple is what i say

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          keep the cco away from it plain and simple is what i say
          They won't. You know they won't.

Comment

They won't. You know they won't.
            people may think im an idiot for saying this but i always feel that if any company gives a director a movie to do he or she needs to have full control depending on the choice oviously

if im not mistaken i think thats what marvel did with james gunn wich resulted in one of the most amazing films they came out with. i think if marvel didnt allow james gunn to be james gunn that movie would have been a turd

what dc needs to do is find a writter and director who can deliver this charachter with a huge fantastic payoff. personally they need a director who has done scifi since well gl is scifi if you had to put it in a genre.

same with shazam. they need to find a person who is fantastic at fantasy wich imo shazam is

also this would be my choice for halalax

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

TazzMission
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by TazzMission; 01-27-2015, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, though. If they have to do John Stewart in the JL movie (though I really feel like forcing Cyborg into the League is probably a way for them to not have John Stewart, since the "black quotient" would be fulfilled), then already having there be a bit of history with Hal already having gone rogue and become Parallax at some point... is not a bad way to go at all.

Even sets up the GL movie rather well. John could headline it, rustle up Guy and Kyle, marshal what's left of the Corps and Hal as Parallax could be the main villain. That'd be cool.

Comment

well if it has to be JS then it has to be, i'd be ok with him playing as JS

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, though. If they have to do John Stewart in the JL movie (though I really feel like forcing Cyborg into the League is probably a way for them to not have John Stewart, since the "black quotient" would be fulfilled), then already having there be a bit of history with Hal already having gone rogue and become Parallax at some point... is not a bad way to go at all.

Even sets up the GL movie rather well. John could headline it, rustle up Guy and Kyle, marshal what's left of the Corps and Hal as Parallax could be the main villain. That'd be cool.
                  i have this idea in my mind of how to have the opening scene be for the gl movie. have a voice over of a guardian of oa go into detail about the rise and fall ( showing him become parallax)of hal jordan wile showing it as it happens. introduce john as his replacement and cut to what is going on currently with john. that whole scene shouldnt be more than 10 or 15 minutes total

i dont want to introduce guy or kyle just yet i want to slow build john stewart

Comment

I do not think Tyrese is the best actor to play John Stewart. He just doesn't seem serious enough or really even look the part. I think its awesome that he is pushing for Stewart to be in the movies however. I don't see why Hal and John can't be in the same movie.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorock View Post
                      I do not think Tyrese is the best actor to play John Stewart. He just doesn't seem serious enough or really even look the part. I think its awesome that he is pushing for Stewart to be in the movies however. I don't see why Hal and John can't be in the same movie.
                      The thing is... there's been so many versions of John Stewart, in mannerisms to personality, to jokey and hip to dark and gritty and serious (and even in the comics alone)... almost any take on John Stewart would be valid on film.

Comment

The thing is... there's been so many versions of John Stewart, in mannerisms to personality, to jokey and hip to dark and gritty and serious (and even in the comics alone)... almost any take on John Stewart would be valid on film.
                        have him be like diggle on arrow. give him that form of charachter . dont make him a typical stereotype charachter like making him some ex gangster or something. i hate how hollywood has to push that route when it comes to minorities

Comment

Its definitely for the best that John Stewart be the cinematic Green Lantern. And Hal as Parallax would give continuity to those wondering if GL was white or black. It just make perfect sense.

John could then be Kyles mentor in futures films. This would forever end the confusion of people outside comics who doesnt know who the hell Green Lantern is at long last.

Comment

Originally posted by Noct View Post
                            Its definitely for the best that John Stewart be the cinematic Green Lantern. And Hal as Parallax would give continuity to those wondering if GL was white or black. It just make perfect sense.

John could then be Kyles mentor in futures films. This would forever end the confusion of people outside comics who doesnt know who the hell Green Lantern is at long last.
                            its not even about confusion. i just think the 2011 film was so bad hal was ruined honestly by the terrible script. i dont fault any of the cast but lets call a turd a turd. even if it was fan boy favorite nathan fillion the story still would have sucked.

plus john is a charachter i want to see because there are purists who believve hal is the only option and i want them ( dc) to prove them wrong

Comment

I still think they'll go with Hal Jordan as the Green Lantern for the first 2 Justice League movies and then John Stewart will be introduced in the 2020 GL movie.

I heard Zack is looking for an older Hal but I still want to see Taylor Kitsch in the role.

Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Working...
                              X